What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons cashed up

possm

Coach
You dont say... including I now need to look for another sport to comment on
I think Dennis may be right...its doing my head in.
Now..Darts or Snooker...that is something simple I can relate to!
Our problems are easily solved:
  • Punt Mary
  • Have this new assistant Sheppard I believe take over as interim coach.
  • Johnston our CEO to keep working on the NRL to let Flanagan take over the head coach role.
  • Sack Millward and sign Brown as recruitment/pathways/retention manager reporting to the head coach.
All sorted, no more MESS.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
  • Punt Mary
  • Johnston our CEO to keep working on the NRL to let Flanagan take over the head coach role.
  • Sack Millward and sign Brown as recruitment/pathways/retention manager reporting to the head coach.
You could have stopped at the first dot point.

Hahaha..LOL
1. Why?..cant you make that comparison. Because you dont want to!. Does not stand up to scrutiny!.. How?
It is a fact or stat and relevant to my original debate before you came in. After 58 games..who got better results?
2. Who cares that Mary was an assistant. Ben Hornby or Dean Young would of been no better and this about who is a better coach. No need to consider it and does nothing to nullify the facts...only in your mind and thats your pregorative
3. I called you 1st post a rave questioning my ability to post on this sport on the forum. Not you most recent post. Wrong again. You called your own post a rave!
4. Your facts did nothing to support who was better in fact your stats still show Price worse. I asked for something to prove you right. You again went off track looking for reasons to turn the facts into meaning something else. Wrong again
I get your venting your anger re Mary and how poor he is and I agree. He is a crap coach for mine.
But I stand by my original post who has a better record at NRL level.
Agree to disagree as you wish
No problem BLM01
It is no longer a debate.

You dont say... including I now need to look for another sport to comment on
I think Dennis may be right...its doing my head in....and I am still waiting for the answer!
Now..Darts or Snooker...that is something simple I can relate to!
No one is telling you what to do, say or think.
You stated your RL credentials which I said I respected.
You didn't like my side of the argument?
That's fine too.
The question that you asked has been answered in full.
" Who is a better coach, Price or McGregor?"
Price of course.
Is that clear enough or do you suffer from a lack of comprehension like Musby?

BLM01

First Grade
No one is telling you what to do, say or think.
You stated your RL credentials which I said I respected.
You didn't like my side of the argument?
That's fine too.
The question that you asked has been answered in full.
" Who is a better coach, Price or McGregor?"
Price of course.
Is that clear enough or do you suffer from a lack of comprehension like Musby?
You said no longer a debate before continuing the debate. Your words..not mine..so you see I can comprehend
But you forgot the full question amongst all the fluff....the key words "at NRL level"
And you are correct....I did not like your argument as it actually proved what I said from Day 1. Mary's NRL record and achievements were superior to Price after the same amount of time in charge.
Have a good day :)

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Have just watched the ‘ rugger boys ‘ final in Japan , different code of course and also a international final , but don’t the players give it their all . That is exactly what is missing at the Dragons - commitment , great defense and that most precious ingredient , a never say die attitude .

If only our recruitment could sign players with those same qualities or it could be schooled into our present squad , then our future would be so much brighter as well as giving all Big Red V supporters something to look forward to .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Been having a good look at the OP article of our clean out and $4m to spend.

As I see it, we have 14+ players off-contract at the end of 2020 ie:

Aitken, JDB, Frizell, Graham, Host, Kerr, Lafai, Leilua, Lomax, Lovodua, Pearson, Ravalawa, Ford*, Blacker and add who we may sign like Luke for example.
* not sure if Ford has a 1or 2yr deal.
I think Kerr, Lovodua and Blacker were given 1yr deals with a view to extending at the end of 2020 and as stated we are tight on salary cap next year, apparently.

I would prioritise re-signing ;
Friz, Lomax and Leilua

Secondary re-signing (and I think these players need a big 2020);
Host, Kerr, Lovodua, Ford*, one of Pearson or Rava and Blacker

Not re-signed:
Aitken, Lafai, Pearson/Rava.
Graham to retire.
JDB remains the wild card, but at least we'll know by Feb.

So, a vast majority of that reported $4m should go into the re-signing of 3 of our key players. The way we are looking at the moment is that a lot of players really need a big 2020 to earn their next contract.

I think the issue with frizz is that we could probably match another offer dollar-wise but the lure of a Premiership ring maybe too much for him to stay. Personally I think this will be his last year as a dragon.
As for Lomax a lot will revolve around what happens this year playing wise and of course his GF and brother. Personally I think he will stay but he needs to be kid gloved in 2020.
Leilua, im not sure, he needs to find playing consistency first.

I have a feeling that the CC competition next year will be more of an interest with the view to Beyond 2020.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Cutting to the chase,our 2020 squad is no stronger and maybe weaker than 2019, assuming we keep the players currently nominated. The more I look at Graham the more I see a plodder, even though I love his competitiveness.To me that squad is bottom 6..if we lose 1 or 2 players like Frizell, Lomax or Luc for next season we are even weaker. Millward has also indicated we have I think 6 spots still available in the 30 and any signings will not be marquee...

BLM01

First Grade
Been having a good look at the OP article of our clean out and $4m to spend.

As I see it, we have 14+ players off-contract at the end of 2020 ie:

Aitken, JDB, Frizell, Graham, Host, Kerr, Lafai, Leilua, Lomax, Lovodua, Pearson, Ravalawa, Ford*, Blacker and add who we may sign like Luke for example.
* not sure if Ford has a 1or 2yr deal.
I think Kerr, Lovodua and Blacker were given 1yr deals with a view to extending at the end of 2020 and as stated we are tight on salary cap next year, apparently.

I would prioritise re-signing ;
Friz, Lomax and Leilua

Not re-signed:
Aitken, Lafai, Pearson/Rava.
Graham to retire.
JDB remains the wild card, but at least we'll know by Feb.

So, a vast majority of that reported $4m should go into the re-signing of 3 of our key players. The way we are looking at the moment is that a lot of players really need a big 2020 to earn their next contract.

I think the issue with frizz is that we could probably match another offer dollar-wise but the lure of a Premiership ring maybe too much for him to stay. Personally I think this will be his last year as a dragon.
As for Lomax a lot will revolve around what happens this year playing wise and of course his GF and brother. Personally I think he will stay but he needs to be kid gloved in 2020.
Leilua, im not sure, he needs to find playing consistency first.

I have a feeling that the CC competition next year will be more of an interest with the view to Beyond 2020.

We dont need both of Host and Ford (pick the better rid the other), Rava has more potential and go than Pearson. Kerr, Lov and Blacker Yes are next tier 3 priorities.
IF found innocent JDB will also be a priority 2021 signing. Watch the recruitment people and player managers come from everywhere to secure his services regardless of stories and inuendo if found to be innocent.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
  • Punt Mary

Possm,

Even if Mary is punted, the club overall, has been McGregorised and the fumigation process may take longer than expected.

Johnston in a very short period of time, has cause this club as much damage as McGregor, possibly more.

He should of sacked him, but didn't.
He gave him a contract extention when he shouldn't of.
He neglected to insert any KPI's into his contract, which allow the club to 'release' Mcgregor from any further obligations with the club, which has now seemedly, costs us huge dollars to pay McGregor off, if we now wanted to take such action.

BJ actions in a business world, are sackable offence every day of the week.
The club board are just as effective as Johnston & McGregor.

possm

Coach
Have just watched the ‘ rugger boys ‘ final in Japan , different code of course and also a international final , but don’t the players give it their all . That is exactly what is missing at the Dragons - commitment , great defense and that most precious ingredient , a never say die attitude .

If only our recruitment could sign players with those same qualities our future seasons would be so much brighter and give all Big Red V supporters something to look forward to .
Mary does not expect our players to give their all. It appears that he accepts excuses in the same way that our CEO and Board do.

We need a complete cleanout to rectify this mess.

FlameThrower

Bench
Cutting to the chase,our 2020 squad is no stronger and maybe weaker than 2019, assuming we keep the players currently nominated. The more I look at Graham the more I see a plodder, even though I love his competitiveness.To me that squad is bottom 6..if we lose 1 or 2 players like Frizell, Lomax or Luc for next season we are even weaker. Millward has also indicated we have I think 6 spots still available in the 30 and any signings will not be marquee...
Translation = were are stuffed. Don’t expect too much in 2020.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mary does not expect our players to give their all. It appears that he accepts excuses in the same way that our CEO and Board do.

We need a complete cleanout to rectify this mess.

Well they have 1 more season ( at best ) to do so possum.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The success criteria should be to make the Top 6 each year. Our most successful coaches are Demetriou and Head who each got sacked as a reward for their success and for showing Mc Gregor up!

SaintPauli

Juniors
Well they have 1 more season ( at best ) to do so possum.
Similar to Parramatta this year, the dragons have a lot of players contracts ending 2020. Players will lift knowing the dragons have options to sign replacements for 2021. Throw in Flanagan we are actually looking promising for 2020. At least better than 15th anyway LOL !