What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons chase Matt Gillett ?

Collateral

Coach
Got a mate who works for 2 Men & a Truck...anyway, he told me that he's been given the job sheet for the weekend and there is a Mr Lockyer moving into Blakehurst....and under special items to be transported, he had "New football boots".

Watch this space!!!!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
He is massively overrated.

He definitely isn't coming and it'd be nice to see one of our juniors pull through for sure, but to call Gillett overrated is a mistake.
He's consistently been one of the best back-rowers in the NRL for the last 5 years. His defence is HUGE on that edge, and when he's allowed to throw an offload and hit a good line in attack, he's extremely effective.

_Johnsy

Referee
I reckon it's Bullshit & probably player agent driven rumour to increase his next contract signing with the Broncos.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/e88a165619261338119d60b3da1e6b99
"Gillett had re-signed with the Broncos until the end of 2020, however, reports on Wednesday claimed the workaholic forward had a clause in his contract that allowed him to test his value with clubs this year. It had emerged Gillett had a two-year option in his favour under the four season deal signed in 2016, making him officially off contract and open to up to $1 million-a-season offers from rivals in 2018.

My 2 cents worth.
Another backrower?

Great player & wouldn't be cheap, is this linked to Gordons impending purchase of the gong share of our club?

Personally, I'd pass the main reason would be his asking price. Chase speed & size in the outside backs. That is our only glaring weakness.

ViceVersa

Juniors
There's a rumour 'floating' around that tomorrow when I take my morning shit, it won't leave a skid mark...

Crush

Coach
Gillette's come out and said there is a clause in his contract that states he can shop himself around as of now and if he wishes to sign elsewhere he can immediately.
Rumour is Roosters have loads of cap space so he might go there if he chooses to leave at all.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Gillette's come out and said there is a clause in his contract that states he can shop himself around as of now and if he wishes to sign elsewhere he can immediately.
Rumour is Roosters have loads of cap space so he might go there if he chooses to leave at all.
Easts have got Crichton going there next year. With Boyd their other edge backrower. I doubt that Gillette will go to Easts.

Old Timer

Coach
FMD have we gone cold on Korbin Sims already let alone Pangai Jnr?
If they see this thread they will never come (they really were coming weren't they?).

Boy oh boy, it's hard to keep up with the pace of all these potential signings and the man crushes that go with them.
Mmm how about a quick fling with Coen Hess?

Ooh aah, if Joey Leilua sees all this, he will work out that little brother is on the outer and that will mean he won't come either, after all it was certain that they were going to play together.

Shit it's all turned into a mess again.

Latest posts