What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons' Dan Hunt may be on way out

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons' Dan Hunt may be on way out

By ADRIAN PROSZENKO

Aug. 28, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

Dan Hunt may have played his last game for the Dragons.

RUGBY LEAGUE - DRAGONS
Dan Hunt may have played his last game for St George Illawarra, with the joint-venture club keen to offload him as part of a roster overhaul under new coach Paul McGregor.
Hunt recently celebrated his 150th NRL appearance for the Dragons, but has managed just 11 appearances this year due to fitness and form issues. The prop is contracted until the end of 2016, but the club is prepared to release him to free up salary cap space to overhaul its pack.
The Dragons boast one of the most exciting backlines in the league, which includes stars Benji Marshall, Josh Dugan, Gareth Widdop, Brett Morris and Jason Nightingale.
However, club powerbrokers believe their forward line-up needs bolstering in order to become a genuine title threat.
It's understood the Red V may consider paying part of Hunt's wages to entice him to move.
Newcastle and Brisbane, both on the lookout for forwards, could be potential destinations, with Hunt playing his best football under Broncos-bound coach Wayne Bennett.
The Dragons will also have to make a call on several off-contract players including Kyle Stanley, Bronson Harrison and Nathan Green.
McGregor has knocked back a request for utility back Peter Mata'utia to switch to Canterbury next year, while back-rower Joel Thompson is weighing up whether to stay or rejoin Canberra.
The Dragons face a must-win game against Brisbane on Friday night.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2521923/dragons-dan-hunt-may-be-on-way-out/?cs=302

getsmarty

Immortal
Question...What chance are we in offloading Dan Hunt??? I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay $400K for him which means we will be covering some of his contract for the next 2 years.

blacksafake

First Grade
Start passing the hat around;-)

At least they have told the dogs where to go on Mata'Utia,so i can assume they wont be releasing Kasiano to us.

Mr Red

First Grade
if this actually happens i will have a new found respect for McGregor :)

its an absolute disgrace that we signed a PROP forward to such a long term deal, let alone on the money he is reportedly getting.. and then calling him a marquee player...
jesus....

Minh

First Grade
He's no longer contributing to the team, but still best of luck to him. This will be the right call by the coach and club if true.

st.phil

Bench
wow - seems like the 400+ rumours are spot on - has not played a dominant game in many years...worst re-signing ever.

jenninga

First Grade
if this actually happens i will have a new found respect for McGregor :)

its an absolute disgrace that we signed a PROP forward to such a long term deal, let alone on the money he is reportedly getting.. and then calling him a marquee player...
jesus....

My thoughts exactly,recruiting and retention of players and coaching staff is what I will look forward to seeing this off season.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hopefully he can join the Sharks in 2015 with his old mate...Half Price as the coaching assistant. Price, Prior and Hunt all reunited once again. If they could just add Bronson Harrison to that scenario then the payback would be complete.

Mr Red

First Grade
Hopefully he can join the Sharks in 2015 with his old mate...Half Price as the coaching assistant. Price, Prior and Hunt all reunited once again. If they could just add Bronson Harrison to that scenario then the payback would be complete.

sharks pack 2015..

Hunt
Morris
Ah Mau
Prior
Harrison
Gallen

would be awesome ;)

The Nick

Bench
Why would Joel Thompson want to go back to the Raiders? The club is a rabble and Ricky Stuart can't coach.....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
wow - seems like the 400+ rumours are spot on - has not played a dominant game in many years...worst re-signing ever.

Geez good bread isn't it...I wonder if we performed like that over the last few years and the next few in our jobs we would be paid any where near that ...uh hum don't think so

matPORTS

Juniors
Tough calls like this will be the difference between make or break for Mary.

I'll be looking forward to the next five months worth of "toughest pre-season ever" articles as well.

grouch

First Grade
Geez good bread isn't it...I wonder if we performed like that over the last few years and the next few in our jobs we would be paid any where near that ...uh hum don't think so
images

Latest posts