What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Final 8 Games 2021

Dragon David

First Grade
Its always been on to 2022 for me ...... Id love to see the team make the 8 and win thier semi but its just been all an Illusion a loss this week will put us , well me out of my misery for once and for all ......
It is quite likely that we miss out but only just which will pee me off. Anyway, it will hopefully allow Hook to bring in the younger guys and see what improvements will be needed during the off season. But as the saying goes, "where there is the will, there is the way" so come on guys, just do the right thing to keep us alive.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I’d love to see two more Parramatta or Newcastle type performances before the season ends, win or lose. If we could achieve that, then i think it would be a great demonstration of the attitude of the playing squad and the culture of the club in general and be somewhat satisfying considering the challenges faced this year.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Storm had a night to forget against the Cowboys tonight. Although they won, they only just won and the Cowboys played tough uncompromising footy and with a bit more luck they could have won.

I hope the Cowboys don't play the way they did tonight when we play them in round 23. That is of course if we are still in the running for a top 8 finish.

SEAT 1A

Bench
We were able to match Manly for a half when I thought we get flogged from the start however, we will need a huge amount of luck and to many games without a full squad and the other teams need to self destruct.

BLM01

First Grade
The Storm had a night to forget against the Cowboys tonight. Although they won, they only just won and the Cowboys played tough uncompromising footy and with a bit more luck they could have won.

I hope the Cowboys don't play the way they did tonight when we play them in round 23. That is of course if we are still in the running for a top 8 finish.
Cowboys were lucky they got to 16 with a blatant forward pass
Feels like that game was officiated to keep the scores close and avoid a blow out for TV
Cowboys were quick in defence last night
Yes scepticism at its best

But Is it me? or is the officiating got so much worse including bunker
Not only are they blind all of a sudden and reversed what went on in magic round which derailed our season the bunker also has lost it

Dragon David

First Grade
Cowboys were lucky they got to 16 with a blatant forward pass
Feels like that game was officiated to keep the scores close and avoid a blow out for TV
Cowboys were quick in defence last night
Yes scepticism at its best

But Is it me? or is the officiating got so much worse including bunker
Not only are they blind all of a sudden and reversed what went on in magic round which derailed our season the bunker also has lost it
Yes the blatant forward pass that everyone saw, even the player who passed it but not the lines person who was right there, the ref, the bunker (who couldn't rule on the forward pass unfortunately) and us viewers. In saying that, the Cowboys did put in a good performance with their defence which reduced the scoring chances of the Storm so against us if they defend the way they did last night, we could find it more difficult to score.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes the blatant forward pass that everyone saw, even the player who passed it but not the lines person who was right there, the ref, the bunker (who couldn't rule on the forward pass unfortunately) and us viewers. In saying that, the Cowboys did put in a good performance with their defence which reduced the scoring chances of the Storm so against us if they defend the way they did last night, we could find it more difficult to score.
But the linesman did stop initially when the pass was thrown through instinct but then thought I will carry on why ruin a good moment and a chance for a thrilling finish
I honestly believe they are educated more often than not to do this, have eyes and mouths shut in the last 15 mins for entertainment sake of a game because..

Channel 9 who pay big money and their commentators carry on about “letting the game flow” and “let the players sort out the result” ringing in their ears

I have never seen an officiating admin be influenced so much about managing its own game and knee jerk reacting to outside noise than the NRL to its detriment

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
But the linesman did stop initially when the pass was thrown through instinct but then thought I will carry on why ruin a good moment and a chance for a thrilling finish
I honestly believe they are educated more often than not to do this, have eyes and mouths shut in the last 15 mins for entertainment sake of a game because..

Channel 9 who pay big money and their commentators carry on about “letting the game flow” and “let the players sort out the result” ringing in their ears

I have never seen an officiating admin be influenced so much about managing its own game and knee jerk reacting to outside noise than the NRL to its detriment
The NRL have appointed the refereeing guys to officiate games of rugby league obviously. They should just referee to the letter of the rules and not listen to all the media commentary who say too much which has the officials clambering much of the time to appease the media.

The unfortunate thing about officials is that they are human and just like used car salesmen and real estate agents, you cannot trust that they will give out the right deal.

BLM01

First Grade
The NRL have appointed the refereeing guys to officiate games of rugby league obviously. They should just referee to the letter of the rules and not listen to all the media commentary who say too much which has the officials clambering much of the time to appease the media.

The unfortunate thing about officials is that they are human and just like used car salesmen and real estate agents, you cannot trust that they will give out the right deal.
Yes but it is a boys club, look who is running the referees. Maxwell and before that Sutton...before that..who cares
They were not great refs. Why do current refs need bosses and coaches, etc.
Annesley was a good ref why dont they do their job and report to him only and he hires, fires and reminds them of where they have gone wrong.

What coaching and over admistered leaders in their ranks do they need to ref the rules on field apart from studying the rule book. Oh YES I forget, managing the game and players..b..shit
Who did refs of yesteryear report to.?.. its justificatrion for spending money not needed

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I reckon we should rename this thread ‘avoiding the spoon’; it would make us a lot more happier (Glass half full). It’s really embarrassing that we (i) actually cling to such false hope.

2010Dragons

Bench
These shit useless merkins. Have no pride, no team unity.
they will not win another game with this poor attitude. All they want is is money and a free all you can eat buffet at the hotel they are staying in the Gold Coast.

mickeylane

Bench
I truly think our game plan is really old school, there is nothing dynamic or groundbreaking either in attack or defense...we just play an old plodders-style game...hit it up 2-3 times then spin it to the halfback who either sends it back inside to a forwards run or sends it 1-2 wide to a bumbling centre...then a useless kick in the air w no pressure on the opposition fullback..its actually really depressing....sign the Walker Bros who at least try stupid shit that's innovative in attack...

BLM01

First Grade
I truly think our game plan is really old school, there is nothing dynamic or groundbreaking either in attack or defense...we just play an old plodders-style game...hit it up 2-3 times then spin it to the halfback who either sends it back inside to a forwards run or sends it 1-2 wide to a bumbling centre...then a useless kick in the air w no pressure on the opposition fullback..its actually really depressing....sign the Walker Bros who at least try stupid shit that's innovative in attack...
Walker bro’s have put their hat into the ring for a few gigs but don’t get a look in
Why do you think that is?

mickeylane

Bench
Walker bro’s have put their hat into the ring for a few gigs but don’t get a look in
Why do you think that is?
im only talking about signing them as attacking coaches...cant be worse and probably the players would enjoy it..

Latest posts