What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons hang on to hope of Bennett staying

Saintsified

Bench
Some of you have the hide to call us St Merge yet all we did was take back what was originally ours,we also run the dragons brand not the other way around......yet South Sydney Russell Crowes sold out for little more than an expensive house in maroubra lol.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Some of you have the hide to call us St Merge yet all we did was take back what was originally ours,we also run the dragons brand not the other way around......yet South Sydney Russell Crowes sold out for little more than an expensive house in maroubra lol.
You hang onto your silly hate and your 50% of your club because it's all you'll have when we take your coach and your best player.

Guvner

First Grade
You hang onto your silly hate and your 50% of your club because it's all you'll have when we take your coach and your best player.

Take, LOL. The only reason he is looking at your joint is the challenge. Challenge of course = Basket Case. 40 years and counting. Im not sure even the great man can help your mob though. No heart, no soul. Just movie star hype.

As for us, job done. Premiership in the bag, maybe another on the way. Structures in place to keep us at or near the top for a long time yet. Happy days. He will always be greeted fondly by Dragons fans, regardless of who he is coaching.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

We can call you whatever we like on this board.

StMerge is apt.

Back on topic, I guess once Bennett leaves, they go back to becomining the chokers of the NRL.

grouch

First Grade
:lol: still trying to peddle the chokers tag. That is so 2009

What if Bennett leaves Souffs without a title? Mass hari-kari? That may be his single greatest achievement to mankind

coombsy

Juniors
Take, LOL. The only reason he is looking at your joint is the challenge. Challenge of course = Basket Case. 40 years and counting. Im not sure even the great man can help your mob though. No heart, no soul. Just movie star hype.

As for us, job done. Premiership in the bag, maybe another on the way. Structures in place to keep us at or near the top for a long time yet. Happy days. He will always be greeted fondly by Dragons fans, regardless of who he is coaching.
Your club was not even around 40 years ago. I think it’s such a shame that a club that won 11 premierships in a row does not participate in the top competition

Saintsified

Bench
Youve only been around since 2003 you got a new admission ,russell bought your club cheap, pity your fans didnt think you were worth more. Russell bought soufhs cheap we bought illawarra whats thedifference?

Liddell

Juniors
trolling is to post something deliberately inflaming someone or somthing, with the sole purpose of rousing up the forum for their own amusement..

they may start a thread designed to start a massive fight, or simply post up something controversial or deliberately argumentative, which they don't plan to discuss, but just leave there to aggrivate others..

it's not even an attempt at being funny, it's just done out of spite..

Eg starting a thread called "quote this image"...

Either way its a forum FFS people take this thing way to serious. I come on for a read, laugh at a few posts and thats about it. There are some funny bastards on here.

On Bennett, i think he will retire. Maybe coach the new Brissie team when they are up and running. If he was thinking about coming to the Bunnies, these 4 articles a day wouldn't be helping our cause.

RAB-161

Juniors
Explain to me when the St.George area took in Wollongong and a hundred miles or so of the NSW South Coast. Illawarra have contributed immensely to the merged entity and the entire football organization is based in Wollongong, the club trains in Wollongong, the coach lives in Wollongong and half of the home games are played in Wollongong. I think it is highly debatable if a "St.George" team would have been in the position to win a premiership, when the huge number of Illawarra juniors now coming through the system is taken into account.
By the way; we sold out nothing. If you bothered to check you would find out that all of the most important issues concerning the South Sydney football club are solely in the hands of the Member Co. consisting of the financial members of the club.
All that Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe got for their investment was the right to pay the bills. They have also invested heavily since the partial privatisation by the tune of many millions of dollars.
I did not intend for this response to be so long but some of you dragons supporters are so delusional that occasionally things need to be put to rights.

Saintsified

Bench
Explain to me when the St.George area took in Wollongong and a hundred miles or so of the NSW South Coast. Illawarra have contributed immensely to the merged entity and the entire football organization is based in Wollongong, the club trains in Wollongong, the coach lives in Wollongong and half of the home games are played in Wollongong. I think it is highly debatable if a "St.George" team would have been in the position to win a premiership, when the huge number of Illawarra juniors now coming through the system is taken into account.
By the way; we sold out nothing. If you bothered to check you would find out that all of the most important issues concerning the South Sydney football club are solely in the hands of the Member Co. consisting of the financial members of the club.
All that Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe got for their investment was the right to pay the bills. They have also invested heavily since the partial privatisation by the tune of many millions of dollars.
I did not intend for this response to be so long but some of you dragons supporters are so delusional that occasionally things need to be put to rights.

Dragons when winning 11 in a row were so dominant they changed the rules of the game and cut our territory by introducing cronulla then once again in 82 by bringing in steelers......this is fact we drew players from down there for 50 years or more.....much like broncos had all south east qld....now titans are there and potentially a new brisbane team will weaken broncos over time.....now imagine if broncos30 years from now were given a chance to take over (or merge as some say) with titans do you think they won't jump at the chance? Well thats what dragons did with ilawarra and would take over sharks given half the chance as well. The difference is souths were taken over and dragons weren't.....and who cares where players come from its not like souths are all juniors either.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dragons when winning 11 in a row were so dominant they changed the rules of the game and cut our territory by introducing cronulla then once again in 82 by bringing in steelers......this is fact we drew players from down there for 50 years or more.....much like broncos had all south east qld....now titans are there and potentially a new brisbane team will weaken broncos over time.....now imagine if broncos30 years from now were given a chance to take over (or merge as some say) with titans do you think they won't jump at the chance? Well thats what dragons did with ilawarra and would take over sharks given half the chance as well. The difference is souths were taken over and dragons weren't.....and who cares where players come from its not like souths are all juniors either.
If you really think it's a 'take over' and not a 'merge', why don't you drop the "Illawarra" from your name. It's a mouthful as whole and it would be easier to market as just "St George Dragons". You already train out of wollongong and you play half your games there so that's enough catering ot the region. Drop the "Illawarra" if you're really a takeover.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
:lol: still trying to peddle the chokers tag. That is so 2009

What if Bennett leaves Souffs without a title? Mass hari-kari? That may be his single greatest achievement to mankind

If Bennett comes, and he does not win us a comp, then he is a bum.

Saintsified

Bench
Wayne Bennett is expected to reveal his coaching intentions for 2012 before this year's NRL season kicks off. Bennett is currently in camp with the NRL All Stars and has refused to comment on speculation linking him with a move away from St George Illawarra. The 61-year-old is weighing up whether to accept a lucrative contract extension with the Dragons, or leave the reigning premiers and attempt to become the first coach to win titles at three different clubs. South Sydney is favoured to sign Bennett if he opts to leave the Dragons.

IF being the main word.

Wayne Bennett is expected to reveal his coaching intentions for 2012 before this year's NRL season kicks off. Bennett is currently in camp with the NRL All Stars and has refused to comment on speculation linking him with a move away from St George Illawarra. The 61-year-old is weighing up whether to accept a lucrative contract extension with the Dragons, or leave the reigning premiers and attempt to become the first coach to win titles at three different clubs. South Sydney is favoured to sign Bennett if he opts to leave the Dragons.

IF being the main word.

As soon as this is settled the better,one way or another.

RAB-161

Juniors
No clubs are completely made up of their own juniors, I agree.
I cannot believe the amount of disrespect with which the Illawarra region and the Steelers are treated by many of the supporters of the St.George side of the merger, however.
They provide the lions share by a long way of juniors at the club and WIN TV of Wollongong own 25% of the merged club.
St.GeorgeIllawarra was given $8 million by the NRL at the time of said merger as well. Doesn't sound like much of a "takeover" to me.
Finally: In regard to your point that "Souths were taken over and dragons weren't" - please refer to my previous post.

dragons21

First Grade
I feel for South Sydney supporters, in the last 20 odd years you have had to endure the longest off seasons out of any teams supporters as you get no where near the finals....bar that glorious year of 07 where you clinched 7th n got flogged week 1

Big Sam

First Grade
I feel for South Sydney supporters, in the last 20 odd years you have had to endure the longest off seasons out of any teams supporters as you get no where near the finals....bar that glorious year of 07 where you clinched 7th n got flogged week 1

At least we've existed for more than '20 odd years'.

Latest posts