What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS JUNIORS THREAD

Victoire

Juniors
I give JDB two more seasons then chase him as our all grades defense coach. Just as good as the axe and he is already in our system and bleeds red and white.
giphy.gif

slippery5

Juniors
Where do I find those videos slippery5. Our website has virtually zilch on pre season training.
It was on instagram, players were running flat out with pad & the defender was hitting hard under their ribs, driving them diagonally onto high jump style of landing pad.
There was no holding back on impact.
Thinking it was more D. Young who helped the Cows defence turnaround throughout the year.

randomdragon

Juniors
Illawarra will play their first Matts Cup trial against the Dragons next weekend.

Did anyone catch this. Suppose it was not live streamed. Liked to have seen how young Leeroy and those from both sides traveled.
I went to the game. it was more of a trial with lots of rotation and no one getting solid minutes. more for coaches to assess players in a proper game.

Thinking it was more D. Young who helped the Cows defence turnaround throughout the year.
Heres hoping Deano can do same with us as sure as hell defense has been our achilles heel for a long time. Those defense drill clips shows he is starting his tenure with us brilliantly.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was replying to a post calling for us to target Trevor 'the axe' Gillmeister as out DC. Just saying Jack would be a terrific DC as he has the perfect tackling technique and he is one of our own. But seems he remains on the nose for many here.
My thoughts RedVHeartbeat are that JDB would be a great defensive coach and as a player he has shown over many years how effective he can be in low tackles, although he has been charged a couple of times for hip drop tackles. I would imagine that he would be teaching others in the squad how to do what he does, surely, or Dean Young as the defensive coach could ask JDB to take some of the defensive coaching time to train the guys.

When our season in 2018 came to an end, I was feeling upbeat of our chances in 2019. We ended 2018 in a pretty good way and with the squad that we had I could see us making the semis at the very least again in 2019. A few things happened on the way though like injuries to Widdop in particular. But the thing that derailed us was the infamous JDB long term saga due to his playing up.

Several of the players were not at all happy - mainly Tyson Frizell - and the players minds were no doubt deep in thought of what had happened and what the outcome was going to be.

Us as fans were making lots of judgement with all the pros and cons of his actions, more the cons of course and it is no wonder that JDB isn't now held in as much high esteem as he was before that end of 2018 year incident. As well as that, he isn't as good now as he was which we know happens when you are older.

Last edited: