What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRagons - Let's Stick Together

nrlnrl

First Grade
By Todd Balym AAP Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:41:05
"Don't ask me. What you know is true.
Don't have to tell you. I love your precious heart.
I ... I was standing.
You were there.
Two worlds collided.
And they could never tear us apart."
It was hard not to think St George Illawarra prop Michael Weyman was channelling his inner Michael Hutchence on Wednesday as he spoke about his side's high-pressure NRL semi-final in Brisbane on Saturday.
While Weyman never once uttered the words from the famous INXS song "Never tear us apart", it was impossible to miss his message.
The Dragons are sticking together. The Dragons are a close-knit bunch.
He delivered the same theme at least 13 times during an interview lasting five minutes and 25 seconds.
A few weeks ago Dragons fullback Darius Boyd said nothing for 43 seconds, this week Weyman just repeated himself over and over.
Here's a sample.
"We are just a really tight knit bunch of blokes who stick together and we all like working hard for each other," Weyman said.
"We stick together and we get through anything. We have got through a lot this year and we really enjoy each other's company and play for each other.
"It's finals football so I think we really need to stick together and do what we have done all year.
"Not worry too much about what is happening on the other side, just stick together and do what we do."
How about the feeling after losing to Parramatta last Sunday?
"Any loss is disappointing, but we just need to knuckle down and stick together as we have done. The good thing about it is we have a second chance."
What about Darren Lockyer?
"He is one of the best players in the world I think and I think we just need to stick together and do what we do."
Have you had a look at last week's video?
"We just stick together and move on as a group, I think that is all we can do is move on and stick together and come through the other side of anything."
Dragons fans will hope the team's performance isn't as repetitive after last week's effort.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ght-dragons-knit-together-weyman/default.aspx

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I would have thought brian FERRY's "Lets stick together" would have been more appropriate.

bryan_ferry-lets_stick_together(better).jpg

Owwwwwwww Owwwwwwww Owwwwwwww Uhhahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Lift your game Toddy boy.

Beretov Ukraine

Juniors
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, they don't exist anymore in the NRL.

funny i could of sworn that same leagues club has been there for 55 years, and that red V they have always worn is still so prominent

who are these damn impostors....

SilentAssassin

Juniors
funny i could of sworn that same leagues club has been there for 55 years, and that red V they have always worn is still so prominent

Wouldn't waste your time trying to explain anything to him. He's obviously has as much idea as his team does on how to win games.

westie

Bench
St George are an extinct club as far as top grade appearances are concerned. Even the Magpies, Bears, Tigers, Jets... Bankstown Bulls, Redcliffe Dolphins, Joondalup u18s have more of an existance that St George.

And their new merged club have never won a title.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
You do realize St George have won the second most premierships out of everyone in the competition...

and Souths have won the most...
WTF is your point exactly?
You can only reminiscently sniff the underwear of conquests past for so long, sometimes you have to actually go out and get laid in the present.

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, they don't exist anymore in the NRL.

stupid comment.

...and anyway, what exactly is the name of your club? or have you changed it again. We know who we are: do you guys know who you are?

TeamSatan

Juniors
Lets all have a group hug..............................

How soft do they wanna get...............

mickdo

Coach
Wendell was saying exactly the same on Sports Tonight as well. Do they get micro-managed that much that they get told exactly what to say each week???

Southernsaint

Staff member
By Todd Balym AAP Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:41:05
"Don't ask me. What you know is true.
Don't have to tell you. I love your precious heart.
I ... I was standing.
You were there.
Two worlds collided.
And they could never tear us apart."
It was hard not to think St George Illawarra prop Michael Weyman was channelling his inner Michael Hutchence on Wednesday as he spoke about his side's high-pressure NRL semi-final in Brisbane on Saturday.
While Weyman never once uttered the words from the famous INXS song "Never tear us apart", it was impossible to miss his message.
The Dragons are sticking together. The Dragons are a close-knit bunch.
He delivered the same theme at least 13 times during an interview lasting five minutes and 25 seconds.
A few weeks ago Dragons fullback Darius Boyd said nothing for 43 seconds, this week Weyman just repeated himself over and over.
Here's a sample.
"We are just a really tight knit bunch of blokes who stick together and we all like working hard for each other," Weyman said.
"We stick together and we get through anything. We have got through a lot this year and we really enjoy each other's company and play for each other.
"It's finals football so I think we really need to stick together and do what we have done all year.
"Not worry too much about what is happening on the other side, just stick together and do what we do."
How about the feeling after losing to Parramatta last Sunday?
"Any loss is disappointing, but we just need to knuckle down and stick together as we have done. The good thing about it is we have a second chance."
What about Darren Lockyer?
"He is one of the best players in the world I think and I think we just need to stick together and do what we do."
Have you had a look at last week's video?
"We just stick together and move on as a group, I think that is all we can do is move on and stick together and come through the other side of anything."
Dragons fans will hope the team's performance isn't as repetitive after last week's effort.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ght-dragons-knit-together-weyman/default.aspx

Who wrote this steaming pile?? Todd Balym??

Mate, don't give up your day job - whatever that is.

drake

First Grade
OMFG!!

Michael Weymen speaks like a footballer! Oh noes!

Here I was thinking he'd open with "I have a dream..."
I was waiting for the goosebumps. Guess I'll just have to go back to watching him play Rugby League instead.

Tom Ace

Bench

No Wests or Balmain supporters started claiming premierships for their respective teams when West Tigers won in 2005 (and if they did, they also shouldn't of) yet Dragons supporters seem to think that a Premiership with St. George Illawarra Dragons will go on to St. Georges tally...because of a building that no longer represents a team in the NRL and a bit of red cloth on a jersey?!

:lol:

How very desperate.

You are not St. George Dragons. You are St. George Illawarra Dragons. An entirely new, merged entity. You have existed for 10 years and have not won any premierships.

St. George Dragons as a team in the top tier of Rugby League do not exist anymore. They are dead and any history St. George Dragons had, ceased the day you merged.

Red V!! :roll:

Tom Ace

Bench
Wouldn't waste your time trying to explain anything to him. He's obviously has as much idea as his team does on how to win games.

Step aside Einsteins theory of relativity...this equation is ground breaking!

There is a direct correlation between how many games my team has won and my ability to understand that St. George Illawarra Dragons are an entirely new team and any premierships won by them will not be Illawarras or St. Georges, but will be St. George Illawarras.

Latest posts