What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons line up vs panthers

soc123_au

Staff member
Panthers love being the underdogs....might suprise a few people on here...like in some previous years, the big Gaz comeback game a couple of years ago was a memorable one for me.

At that time we were 1 & 2 on the ladder. You guys went on to win the premiership & I think we won 2 or 3 more games for the rest of the year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It's Tuesday, so that is some very early late mail

I think it was mail from last week, so that's why it's late ( they were right about Rein )

oh yeah, don't be surprised if Brett Morris plays against the Panthers on Saturday ( that's just a hunch from what Steve Price said last Saturday )

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Prior has been great. Covers quite a few positions and not by choice as he likes to play in the forwards. He has done nothing wrong this season to cop any criticism. Puts in 100% every game.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Going from a pic on twitter from the dragons it shows prior training in the centres outside creagh and inside vidot. So cooper still not training with the team.

TheRev

Coach
Prior has been great. Covers quite a few positions and not by choice as he likes to play in the forwards. He has done nothing wrong this season to cop any criticism. Puts in 100% every game.
Yar im not a huge Prior fan but he has been significantly better this season because he hasnt been generating errors, I still think he doesnt have the impact/collisions that id like from a starting forward, but hes not a liability either, he tries hard, and he goes ok if pushed to centre, which for some reason we have needed a lot of in recent years.

hardbaby

Coach
Prior at centre again. I'm expecting some quality ball to the winger. No doubt Dugan will be running off his shoulder all game. Quick hands. Great flick pass. The Panthers defence will be shitting themselves.

TheRev

Coach
Prior can tackle at least, but Cooper cant be too far away.. understandable that he wont be training or named until game-day.

Time for Chase to step up too, been in a form slump lately... and despite putting on 60 somehow, the Panthers are as heavily injured as the Tigers are, there is no excuse against a 2nd grade line-up, there should be heaps of opportunities for our attack to shine.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Got to be all over red rover for Coops at season's end, surely. His body just can't deal with first grade consistently anymore.

tumbidragon

First Grade
His body hasn't handled it for the last few seasons!
Bollocks! His averaged 75% of matches over the past 5 years. For some1 who has played 242 games over 13.5 years, that's a great effort! Sure it's not going to get any easier on him, but 75% is a good bloody effort for any1 who has played at NRL level for so long. Coops is still by far our best option at centre. Take that as a good thing or bad, it's all up to interpretation. And I'd have you bloody well know Coops has been my man crush for nigh on 10 years!!! :lol:

redbreed

Juniors
Prior plays his best when he comes of the bench at around the 25 to 30 minute mark when the opposition is starting to tire. His to flat footed and slow to react for the backline if you are going to put a forward in the centre's I would like to see frizzel in there. But only if somebody get injured during the game. Can drinkwater play centre? Might be a way for him to get some nrl experience without as much pressure as halfback. Could benefit his game in the long-term. Has a great passing game and a lot of times I watched him he tends to get quite wide anyway.

Divine

Bench
Prior has looked more threatening that Chase... :sarcasm:

He got some great ball on Sat night vs the Eels. He jumped in the air deceptively and ran straight and hard like a good backrower should. Left me thinking what a centre would have done. I remember when Bennett put him there he was doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things. No more. The novelty's definitely worn off.

Last edited:

Latest posts