What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Policy On Alcohol & Drugs

RedVDave

First Grade
A quote from Peter Doust himself in this weeks RLW "We do have an alcohol policy but like all our internal affairs, it's not something we make public. We have no drug-testing or curfews and there are no pubs or areas thats have bans placed on them"

So in other words we don't do a thing ensure player safety and policy if this is the case which unfortunatley it is Sailor will be a perfect fit for or football team and not only that but to anyone who thinks these type of rules are acceptable and if you have no problem with any of this then please turn up to your respective workplaces, tafes, schools, unis etc. Drunk or under the influence of drugs and tell me what your boss or teacher thinks because I guarntee it will be totally unacceptable there just like there should be zero tolerance out out football club.

Godz Illa

Coach
Dave slap some punctuation on that sentence! It needs to be stopped!

I think the Dragons have a fairly admirable track record with drugs and drinking. I recall Lance Thompson being dropped for turning up for training pissed, and young Damien Smith sacked immediately for drug taking. Then there were the hefty fines for Gasnier's phone faux pas in 04 and the Barrett push-ups scandal.

petetheileet

First Grade
RedVDave said:
A quote from Peter Doust himself in this weeks RLW "We do have an alcohol policy but like all our internal affairs, it's not something we make public. We have no drug-testing or curfews and there are no pubs or areas thats have bans placed on them"

So in other words we don't do a thing ensure player safety and policy if this is the case which unfortunatley it is Sailor will be a perfect fit for or football team and not only that but to anyone who thinks these type of rules are acceptable and if you have no problem with any of this then please turn up to your respective workplaces, tafes, schools, unis etc. Drunk or under the influence of drugs and tell me what your boss or teacher thinks because I guarntee it will be totally unacceptable there just like there should be zero tolerance out out football club.

I believe there is a zero tolerance...Thompson was given enough chances and im sure if another player was found to have a major drug or alcohol problem they would be dealt with then....

all Doust has said is he is given the players free will. They can make their own decisions without being controlled by the club like children

Slackboy72

Coach
Read what Roy Masters has to say about the Dragons attitude in Bad Boys. I don't think what he says or our track record can back up your 'outrage'. I think the fact is we prefer to keep matters under control and behind closed doors so you don't see us often in the headlines.

glory79

Juniors
Its a joke if you think that the dragons dont have any players that are on the gear. Rumour has it that heaps of them are.

big pat

Coach
just like myself alcohol in the right hands can be acceptable, its only the one's that cant handle it, that you have to worry about.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Cagey Mac

Bench
This could really be something big. A new and dramatic paradigm shift on “drugs in sport”
We could invite Dr Philip Nitschke to be our #1 ticket holder and the next time we see the boys play like they did yesterday he could perform mass euthanasia on the team, board, fans and anyone who likes to see good footy. Seeing our hopes and dreams in the hands of the rabble that took the field one more time would surely convince most of us that all that we thought dear was but a childish dream. The team and board would surely join in from pure humiliation.
If he got the timing right it would look like a Mexican wave in reverse.
Bless me father for I have sinned, I promise to run at the line and not do a stupid kick into the in-goal ever, ever again