What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons spots up for grabs

Godz Illa

Coach
1. Morris (Scored more tries in one half of football then any other dragon in this position last year)
Umm nope. This over-rated stat has been uttered so often, I'd have thought it would be impossible to get wrong.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Hey Ronnie, the only reason I chose to put Tagive #3 is if he proves to be good. Otherwise, there is no option but Scott. Let's hope his attack has improved. Does Soward need a "bodyguard" that badly? At Big Dells bash I had a photo with him and towered over the little guy, as he is obviously short but he is by no means "frail".
I think for Darius Boyd to be at his best he must be on the wing. But then, we have no other real fullback. However, at the end of '08 Nightingale played FB and was good under the high ball. Don't be surprised if at one point Bennett doesnt swap them around from their 2009 positions.
I can't think of anyone else at 9 other than Fein. Maybe if this Mitch Rein guy comes up to FG he will be a revelation there.

watatank

Coach
I think for Darius Boyd to be at his best he must be on the wing. But then, we have no other real fullback. However, at the end of '08 Nightingale played FB and was good under the high ball. Don't be surprised if at one point Bennett doesnt swap them around from their 2009 positions.

We have plenty of fullbacks but Boyd is the best of them.

zarz007

Juniors
Fair call I guess, considering he has played 39 games at Centre, 36 at Second Row throughout his NRL career, but yeah there isn’t much difference between a Centre and a Second Rower especially the way Beau Scott plays.

I think with the departure of Justin Poore and to an extent Mickey Paea, I think our forward pack has weakened a little, hence why I think Scott can move into the forward pack to help with the depth as we can cover Scott in the Centres are pretty deep in the backs department.

yeah but isn't a center spose to score tries i think we lacked that last year we need a good attacking centre

Divine

Bench
Without trying to derail this thread, do all pre-season articles annoy the sh*t out of anyone else?

Same thing eeeeeeeevery year.

Yep. Everyone clearing the footy cobwebs, thoughts turn to the goodins we may have picked up in the off season, a tingling feeling in the spine as a new season opens and hopes once again rise..hate it

petetheileet

First Grade
prior or scott as a centre??

prior seems skillful enough and doubt he would be slower..

just putting it out there

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
prior is still young & only growing..

he may have speed for centre this year, however give him 1-2 more years of bulking up & he'll be too slow..

plus, he'd need a bit of work on his long passing to be a good attacking centre... (think cowboys game last year....)

Godz Illa

Coach
plus, he'd need a bit of work on his long passing to be a good attacking centre... (think cowboys game last year....)
haha I still maintain Dell was to blame for that one. Should have stuck to the sideline and the pass would have been a try assist.

Prior did throw a pearler long ball on to the chest of Cooper in the Anzac match... for the Nightingale try

Latest posts