What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons squad for 2013 - (including rumours if you want)

MattYg1

Bench
Probably 1000 threads about this already but who you got starting for us next year including rumoured signings you'd like to see...

Personally i would love

1.Beale
2.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Cooper
5.Nightingale
6.K.Stan
7.Soward
8.Hunt
9.Rein
10.Weyman
11.JDB or Frizell
12.Creagh
13.Merrin

14.King
15.Stockwell
16.Prior
17.DeBelin/Frizell

KiamaSaint

Coach
1.Beale
2.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Chase Stanley
5.Nightingale
6.K.Stanley
7.Soward
8.Hunt
9.Rein
10.Merrin
11.JDB
12.Creagh
13. King

14.Cummins
15.Stockwell
16.Weyman
17.Frizell/Vidot

Fire

First Grade
MattYg1, 13. Merrin is interesting. Young mentioned this a few weeks ago on the Dragons website.

I hope it works because he has the mongrel and skills to be the next J. Smith for us.

Ah Mau, De Belin, or Prior could possibly be the fourth prop for us.

MattYg1

Bench
1.Beale
2.Morris
3.Jennings
4.Chase Stanley
5.Nightingale
6.K.Stanley
7.Soward
8.Hunt
9.Rein
10.Merrin
11.JDB
12.Creagh
13. King

14.Cummins
15.Stockwell
16.Weyman
17.Frizell/Vidot

WEYMAN OFF THE BENCH!!! surely thats just post injury easing him back into it right...

MattYg1

Bench
MattYg1, 13. Merrin is interesting. Young mentioned this a few weeks ago on the Dragons website.

I hope it works because he has the mongrel and skills to be the next J. Smith for us.

Ah Mau, De Belin, or Prior could possibly be the fourth prop for us.

I scoffed at the idea when i read it but the more i started thinking about it the more sense i think it could make...

he has great footwork, hard to put down, great offload and ball skills and gets through a tonne of work... If you can have that and still allow for Hunt and Weyman to start too then its pretty handy i think...

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
1. Cummins
2. Moz
3. Beale
4. Coops
5. Florence
6. Chase
7. Soward
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Mez
11. Friz
12. Creagh (c)
13. Matthews
14. King
15. JDB
16. Weyman
17. Stockwell

K Stanley would ideally be my 5/8 but I think we should ease him back into it through the cutters possibly paired with drinkwater. Fien to be used when needed. Chase stanley, vidot, ah mau, etc to prove themselves in pre season or play reggies

MattYg1

Bench
1. Cummins
2. Moz
3. Beale
4. Coops
5. Florence
6. Chase
7. Soward
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Mez
11. Friz
12. Creagh (c)
13. Matthews
14. King
15. JDB
16. Weyman
17. Stockwell

K Stanley would ideally be my 5/8 but I think we should ease him back into it through the cutters possibly paired with drinkwater. Fien to be used when needed. Chase stanley, vidot, ah mau, etc to prove themselves in pre season or play reggies

Shit i forgot about Matthews...

krispyredv

Juniors
1. Cummins
2. Morris
3. Beale
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Fien
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Frizell
12. Creagh (c)
13. Merrin
14. King
15. Matthews
16. Stockwell
17. Jack De Belin
I think this will be the team that runs out rd 1 next year, i am no too sure about Drinkwater's ability to play first grade at the start of the season, maybe Price will look at starting with Fien in the halves before Kyle Stanley comes back from his knee injury or Drinkwater proves himself with the cutters.

possm

Coach
Using the current roster my selections would be:

1. Cummins
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Drinkwater
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Mathews
13. De Belin

14. Weyman
15. Stockwell
16. Frizell
17. King

If we recruit Chase and/or Jennings, I think both would be in the run on side.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Beale will be the full back.

It cost us not having one this year. So why the f**k would you splash the cash on a seasoned first grader who has gone well at fullback in the past to play him in the centres and bring in a rookie, who, whilst no doubt exceptionally talented, is coming off surgery and is, well, a rookie.

Cummins will get his chance, but Beale will be the man in the Number 1 to start next year barring injury.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
1. Cummins
2. Moz
3. Beale
4. Coops
5. Florence
6. Chase
7. Soward
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Mez
11. Friz
12. Creagh (c)
13. Matthews
14. King
15. JDB
16. Weyman
17. Stockwell

what happend to nightingale

st.phil

Bench
Beale will be the full back.

It cost us not having one this year. So why the f**k would you splash the cash on a seasoned first grader who has gone well at fullback in the past to play him in the centres and bring in a rookie, who, whilst no doubt exceptionally talented, is coming off surgery and is, well, a rookie.

Cummins will get his chance, but Beale will be the man in the Number 1 to start next year barring injury.

This

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I wish we get Jennings, but doubt it. Beale in the Centres will be fine. Cummins and the Quinlan are the future fullbacks. Both gun players. Quinlan can also kick goals which is an added bonus.

MattYg1

Bench
Which begs the question - If Soward is injured who will be our goal kicker next season?

Either of the Stanley boys can kick.... but that begs the question if Soward and the Stanleys are injured who will be our goal kicker next season?

Actually thinking about it cant Cameron King kick too? or am i making that up

Fire

First Grade
Correct, King can goal-kick. Ke kicked for the Junior Kangaroos and kicks for the Cutters.

TheRev

First Grade
only prob with cam king goal-kicking, is hes not consistently on the field...

Chase is an option, he obviously has the talent, just needs the mentality to go with it, but he has an off season to practise this time... was throw in it big-time after the Soward/Kyle injuries.

MattYg1

Bench
only prob with cam king goal-kicking, is hes not consistently on the field...

Chase is an option, he obviously has the talent, just needs the mentality to go with it, but he has an off season to practise this time... was throw in it big-time after the Soward/Kyle injuries.

I think he was in shock that he wasnt injured with them...

In all honesty i picked Jennings in my team but if we dont get him (which we wont) I am more then happy with Chase in the number 3 jersey... the kids got a lot of skills and there were moments last year where he put moves on his opposite and made them look silly... we just didnt have the attacking structures to set him up with room to move enough.

Latest posts