What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons table three-year deal to Moses Suli

denis preston

First Grade
Hahaha some of you criticising Lomax the way you are is laughable. He's set up many tries this year, scored a fair few and his defence has been immense for the most part. Seriously if you want the players to put a huge effort on the field at least show some faith in them
Bit touchy there KW ? What part of good player, dream to play outside of, will only get better didn't you like or do you think he deserves much higher accolades ?

boardlumps62

Juniors
You never go anywhere without top 6 and seven. We have Hunt up there as a 7 a repeat of 2021 please will do. We have Sullivan as a backup just needs to step to NRL and perform every week. But then we need a 6 Amone has some talent but can he handle the grind. We also need a tactical kicker like Norman but better. We have Mbye as backup in the halves. IMO

Dragon David

First Grade
Hold the phone, they may try Bird at right center with Lomax starting a fullback.
I think Bird's days as a centre for the Dragons will end starting next year now that we have signed Suli. He wasn't too bad last year, however, no where near as good when in that position with the Sharks. The only reason he might be given a few games at centre is when either Suli or Lomax are injured.

Lomax at fullback could happen though. He is bigger than Sloan and can also take the high ball catches and would run the ball back solidly. If given the chance he could time his runs to break through and set up his wingers like Tommy T. You never know.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
You never go anywhere without top 6 and seven. We have Hunt up there as a 7 a repeat of 2021 please will do. We have Sullivan as a backup just needs to step to NRL and perform every week. But then we need a 6 Amone has some talent but can he handle the grind. We also need a tactical kicker like Norman but better. We have Mbye as backup in the halves. IMO
Normans kicking game was shit.

rasaint

Juniors
You need rose coloured glasses for the Lomax to fullback ( pops up now and again). Lomax has made some terrific high ball catches but drops a number of them too. He doesn’t ‘break through‘ the line and doesn’t process high end speed. I have seen Zac crash over from in close, flick some nice passes away to wingers ( quite a few hit the ground also). In fairness, I once saw him score from a kick chase and another try running onto the ball and right foot stepping the fullback to score under the posts.

Zac is an NRL standard centre but in my view nothing remarkable. His goal kicking is generally good to very good.

Sloan is the new fullback for sure and is a flying machine. The blistering diagonal run from an inside pass from 50 metres out to score against Souths convinced me we had replaced high end speed attack (Dufty) with the same. He will get a bit bigger.

Put Zac at FB where then do we fit Sloan into the backline. Bit small for the wing.. Suli now has the other centre spot. Shame to waste such a talent as Sloan in ressies.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Hahaha some of you criticising Lomax the way you are is laughable. He's set up many tries this year, scored a fair few and his defence has been immense for the most part. Seriously if you want the players to put a huge effort on the field at least show some faith in them
One thing I noticed
was Kerr and Lomax forming a nice little combo.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Lomax is a high quality centre, not a fullback. Sloan is a high quality fullback, just needs some time to adjust to the demands of first grade… play Lomax at fullback and you will lose Sloan.
2022 will be an interesting year to give the young guys Sloan, Amone, Sullivan enough first grade games for them to continue to develop and see a pathway to a long and successful career at the dragons. 2022 we should make the 8, 2023 and 2024 is when they will start to peak and drive us to top 4… by then hopefully they are all signed up longer term to drive us to success over the next few years.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Put Zac at FB where then do we fit Sloan into the backline. Bit small for the wing.. Suli now has the other centre spot. Shame to waste such a talent as Sloan in ressies.

I think Sloan will be fullback, however, he played most of his SG Ball season (the one where they won the title) playing on the wing. The fullback was Treigh Stewart, and a good one at that. Hard to get any info on these boys now that the season has ended and JF and KOe Cup were cancelled. I do hope to see Treigh at least in ressies as the fullback there.

denis preston

First Grade
You need rose coloured glasses for the Lomax to fullback ( pops up now and again). Lomax has made some terrific high ball catches but drops a number of them too. He doesn’t ‘break through‘ the line and doesn’t process high end speed. I have seen Zac crash over from in close, flick some nice passes away to wingers ( quite a few hit the ground also). In fairness, I once saw him score from a kick chase and another try running onto the ball and right foot stepping the fullback to score under the posts.

Zac is an NRL standard centre but in my view nothing remarkable. His goal kicking is generally good to very good.

Sloan is the new fullback for sure and is a flying machine. The blistering diagonal run from an inside pass from 50 metres out to score against Souths convinced me we had replaced high end speed attack (Dufty) with the same. He will get a bit bigger.
Lomax would be one of our fastest players over 100 metres, unfortunately it is over 10-20 metres that you need to shine & Zac hasn't got that at present. If he has a great injury fit year next year it will go a long way to us making the 8.