What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team for Round 4

Old_Timer

Juniors
Who would have thought the Burleigh Bears would be a more attractive option than us, LOL. Choose wisely Jordan!!

hardbaby

Coach
I like a good Price bashing as much as the next man, but did anyone actually think this wasn't gonna be the team?

Quinlan over Beale?
Beale in the halves?
Dropping Cooper?
An injured/playing shit Drinkwater?

Please.

I thought Beale was a chance in the halves but we probably needed to sign Dugan given Cummins is returning from injury. If Cummins plays well in the Cutters and the halves don't fire for the Dragons this week, I would definitely do this. Our options are limited, and I agree that many of the suggestions aren't really viable, but the Beale move has lots of upside.

Lethal25

Juniors
Something should have changed, two teams put 30 on us and the Broncos who are struggling to get across the stripe in a game where Saints dominated field position still chalked up 22.

Maybe Price thinks he's still at school and is going to get in trouble for stepping out of line, this is not stuff of a leader!!!

BennyV

Referee
Sharks Team:

1 Michael Gordon
2 Jonathan Wright
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Matthew Wright
5 Beau Ryan
6 Todd Carney
7 Jeff Robson
8 Andrew Fifita
9 John Morris
10 Ben Ross
11 Luke Lewis
12 Wade Graham
13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange
14 Chris Heighington
15 Jayson Bukuya
16 Isaac De Gois
17 Anthony Tupou
18 Sam Tagataese

Coach: Shane Flanagan

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

Lets see...Nightingale and B.Morris are better than J.Wright and Ryan...Vidot/Cooper MIGHT push to be on par with Pomeroy and M.Wright?...Ummm...Rein, better than J.Morris...Merrin probably on par with Graham? Weyman possibly got it over Ben Ross? Hmmm...this isnt looking good...*gulp*

Mr Red

First Grade
At least Stockwell will get a run this week.

But apart from that, very poor.

I hope he doesn't keep ah mau in and drops king.

Ah Mau gone by round 4... pretty certain i said that 4 weeks ago..its so clear this guy isnt up to the pace of first grade - zero lateral movement... and yet Price still sees value in him... this is a perfect example of Price being inept in every way..
its like he feels obliged to give Ah Mau 100 chances at first grade to justify Price's own poor recruitment..

Elias1983

Coach
Ah Mau gone by round 4... pretty certain i said that 4 weeks ago..its so clear this guy isnt up to the pace of first grade - zero lateral movement... and yet Price still sees value in him... this is a perfect example of Price being inept in every way..
its like he feels obliged to give Ah Mau 100 chances at first grade to justify Price's own poor recruitment..

Starting to agree..

I wanted to give Price the benefit of the doubt and wait till about round 10 before deciding...

But it is very bad at the moment, much worse than I anticipated.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There are 3 coaches under pressure Griffin, Furner and Price? Griffin and Furner both have 1 win which they got against Price? Pretty obvious who is the worst of the 3. What more do the board want to sack this guy?

Elliot has only been at the Warriors a few months who where poor the previous year so you can't put him in that category. He did not inherit a top 8 side and made them rubbish they were like that before he joined.

Morotti

Juniors
I have two schools of thought on this.

1. Chopping and changing can be very dangerous. Can lead to poor combinations and loss of morale. So in that sense huge changes to the team isn't going to work.

2. We can't keep on using the same players and thinking that a better performance is just around the corner. Already 3 rounds are passed and we have looked very ordinary in all three games.

Price needs some tweaks to the team. His halves are not creating ANY chances in a consistent way from the games I have seen this year.

What is the definition of an idiot? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I think Price is a great bloke and want him to succeed. unfortunately it looks like he will be put into the idiot category before long.

I think I said after round 5 we would know if we had a good team or not. Based on evidence it would be safe to say that we didn't have to wait until round 5.

Mr Red

First Grade
There are 3 coaches under pressure Griffin, Furner and Price? Griffin and Furner both have 1 win which they got against Price? Pretty obvious who is the worst of the 3. What more do the board want to sack this guy?

Elliot has only been at the Warriors a few months who where poor the previous year so you can't put him in that category. He did not inherit a top 8 side and made them rubbish they were like that before he joined.

warriors have now lost 11 matches in a row.. Elliot has bigger problems than us.. he has cultural issues to overcome within the team, even before he tackles the on field problems...

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
It is just a couple of tweaks needed... In the halves, change the halves to who could be our future, not who won't be here next year! If they don't fire at first at least we can have some hope...

gypsy

Bench
The only way forward is a Cricket Australia inspired rotation policy.
Homework as well.

CarssDragon

Juniors
Same team and same game plan against better opposition. I expect the team to lift against the sharks and put in for 60min, but would be big effort to win this one.

Don't know if player fitness (rehab in Weyman's case) is a factor, but can't understand why our most experienced forwards have been spending so much time on the bench. Weyman's 26min and Hunt's 35min last week have me scratching my head - would of thought you want your starting side on the field as much as possible. Giving these guys more game time (if they are up to it) won't go astray when dealing with the sharks pack on Saturday.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well I am expecting Gallen and his sweetheart mates to do a really big number on us. It all depends on their response to the ASADA hearings. With nothing to loose I suspect they will go all out for the jugular. Still an absolute massacre is probably worth two mediocre losses as we start the countdown to find and install our new coach.

Last edited:

Latest posts