What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

wb2027

Juniors
let’s see how it goes down with the Perth audience … I guess they can always change it if it doesn’t work, having full control right ?
Yeah they have the whole future to tweak it to appeal more to WA, even though the success of most clubs is just bandwagon jumpers whenever a club performs well. There's only right now to make money off the "bears are back" story.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yeah they have the whole future to tweak it to appeal more to WA, even though the success of most clubs is just bandwagon jumpers whenever a club performs well. There's only right now to make money off the "bears are back" story.

“tweak” ?

they can do whatever they want to do ….

Im sure you don’t understand yet that this is the Perth team…not the Nth Sydney Bears

BuffaloRules

Coach
Yes I'm mostly keen to see if full WA control is accurate because it's never actually been reported anywhere.
well.. it was reported in the Sydney press last week…. Not that makes it official by any means …I am no automatic believer about what I read in the media …

its still two and a half years before they actually kick a football in front of a paying crowd … i suspect there is still a few more twists and turns to come in this saga…. The NRL has certainly made it more complIcated then they needed to … typical of them…

Matt_CBY

Juniors
They've said the logo will be an adaptation of their current logo, so it just needs to be a 2020's facelift. Any more of a departure then you risk a disconnect with the fanbase they're doing all this to capitalise on.
Yes mate. We have moved past and accepted that point. The post was discussing how that facelift looks. There was a belief that yellow would be part of the adapted logo. I’m not so sure now.

Western Reds have been gone since 1997. All they share with this club will be the home town and the word "Western".
That hasn’t stopped other clubs wearing jerseys of long gone clubs in the past. Newcastle Knights have worn a Newcastle Rebels jersey in the past, Gold Coast Titans have worn a Seagulls jersey design before etc.

Jerseys need to be a 100% reboot. Leave the old in the 90's. Heritage round being the only exception.

I don’t think so and that goes against the trend. Most clubs are now reverting to their more traditional design jerseys as well.

Would look great to start off with, natural growth and design change can happen from there like with all clubs. Trends will change again in the future.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Oh no .. another colour …

Like I said … you expect this team to just be the Nth Sydney Bears reborn .. and every cosmetic change for the new entity will be fought all the way ..

If your attitudes are typical then this has got circus written all over it
There is a tremendous amount of good will at the moment between WA fans and North Sydney Bears. Examples like this are in the minority from what I can see.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
well.. it was reported in the Sydney press last week…. Not that makes it official by any means …I am no automatic believer about what I read in the media …

its still two and a half years before they actually kick a football in front of a paying crowd … i suspect there is still a few more twists and turns to come in this saga…. The NRL has certainly made it more complIcated then they needed to … typical of them…
I don’t see it being complicated at all.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There is a tremendous amount of good will at the moment between WA fans and North Sydney Bears. Examples like this are in the minority from what I can see.

Ive seen some hate around the “relocated Sydney team “ stuff which supposedly the parochial Perth fans won’t accept … perhaps this is from the AFL trolls desperate to latch onto anything potentially negative

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes mate. We have moved past and accepted that point. The post was discussing how that facelift looks. There was a belief that yellow would be part of the adapted logo. I’m not so sure now.

That hasn’t stopped other clubs wearing jerseys of long gone clubs in the past. Newcastle Knights have worn a Newcastle Rebels jersey in the past, Gold Coast Titans have worn a Seagulls jersey design before etc.

I don’t think so and that goes against the trend. Most clubs are now reverting to their more traditional design jerseys as well.

Would look great to start off with, natural growth and design change can happen from there like with all clubs. Trends will change again in the future.
There will be yellow in the logo, either in the wording or the bears head, you can put money on it.
Jersey should be a take on a NS Bears style one with yellow added and the NS1908 on the back collar.
I just hope too many cooks dont spoil this broth. It seems we have NS, Perth owners and NRl all having their two pence worth on what things should look like.

something like home and away:
bears1.jpgpirates 3.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ive seen some hate around the “relocated Sydney team “ stuff which supposedly the parochial Perth fans won’t accept … perhaps this is from the AFL trolls desperate to latch onto anything potentially negative
Now the decision is made I'd say 90% of fans on both side of the Nullarbor are on board with it, if social media is anything to go by.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There will be yellow in the logo, either in the wording or the bears head, you can put money on it.
Jersey should be a take on a NS Bears style one with yellow added and the NS1908 on the back collar.
I just hope too many cooks dont spoil this broth. It seems we have NS, Perth owners and NRl all having their two pence worth on what things should look like.

something like home and away:
View attachment 92834View attachment 92835

The away jersey could have a nod to the old Western Reds jersey perhaps?

1724290993917.jpeg

Last edited:

wb2027

Juniors
I'd love this to be the case, but I just think if there's nothing but nods to the past they'll run out of new ideas. Bears have always had quite a few options to choose from over the years unlike Roosters or Bunnies.