What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Team to play Broncos

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Yes, I percieve this to be the major issue too.

I we need to sit back a little and let Wayne do the job he's been hired for. So far, in three competition rounds, our side looks completeley different to anything we've seen under Brown, Farrar and posibly even Waite.

This being the case, we should have a little more faith and see what Wayne is trying to do. We're not going to win every game; Something I'm resigned to. But the progression and building blocks that is going on is what we should be focussed on. The loss against Melbourne shows this; If ever there was a positive loss, that was it and it showed that the team is evolving and changing.

Lets wait til Round 15 and then see what is happening. Wayne won three or 4 premierships with Kevin Walters and Allan Langer, both small and defensively suspect players; Maybe he knows how to replicate this with Soward and Head.

Point being, our defensive has improved so much in three rounds, and we're yet to see the full fruits of Uncle Waynes influence.

Top post Drew.

BTW, your F7's profile would look even more splendid in red and white. Just a thought...:)

_Johnsy

Referee
StGeorges strength forwards, Brisbanes the backs.

Heavy rain and late storm forecast for Thursday and Friday
Thu
thunderstorm.gif

28°C | 21°C
Fri
thunderstorm.gif

26°C | 22°C
Depending on the amont of rain and how the field holds up, if it is very wet I think its a 50/50 game.

Steel Dragon

Bench
DRAGONS: Ben Hornby (capt), Brett Morris, Beau Scott, Darius Boyd, Wendell Sailor, Jamie Soward, Mathew Head, Jarrod Saffy, Dean Young, Michael Weyman, Matt Prior, Ben Creagh, Jeremy Smith. Interchange: Dan Hunt, Neville Costigan, Luke Priddis, Trent Merrin, Nick Emmett (one to be omitted)

No offence - but how could you not know what the team is? haha
Lord knows its posted enough places and debated in twice as many threads!
:D

Steel Dragon

Bench
oh - unless he's under some sort of injury cloud that I am unaware of.
If thats the case - I now feel like a right goose....
:(

_Johnsy

Referee
Kiki

Brisbane Broncos V St George Illawarra Dragons
Friday 3 April 2009 18:35 [AEST] - Suncorp Stadium
Referees: Shayne Hayne & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Gavin Reynolds
Video Referee: Steve Clark
BRONCOS: 1. Karmichael Hunt 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Steve Michaels 4. Justin Hodges 5. Israel Folau 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace 8. Nick Kenny 9. Aaron Gorrell 10. Joel Clinton 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Ben Te’o 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Andrew McCullough 15. David Taylor 16. Lagi Setu 17. Alex Glenn; Reserves: 18. Ashton Sims 19. Josh McGuire
DRAGONS: 1. Ben Hornby (c) 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Darius Boyd 5. Wendell Sailor 6. Jamie Soward 7. Mathew Head 8. Jarrod Saffy 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Matt Prior 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Dan Hunt 15. Neville Costigan 16. Luke Priddis 17. Trent Merrin; Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett

Kiki

First Grade
steeldragon i dont read alot of the threads ive been really busy this week!

thankyou guys :D

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Top post Drew.

BTW, your F7's profile would look even more splendid in red and white. Just a thought...:)

Maybe one day :)

I am really enjoying the Bluebags squad. Wills, Goz, Rex, BK and EA are a hoot to play with. I want to stay where I am right now.

I'm humbled by the offer, though. :)

The Preacher

First Grade
Maybe one day :)

I am really enjoying the Bluebags squad. Wills, Goz, Rex, BK and EA are a hoot to play with. I want to stay where I am right now.

I'm humbled by the offer, though. :)

We don't want you to write for us, we just want to sit you on the bench. Our team CAN"T get any stronger, so we just want to weaken the opposition. ;-)

_Johnsy

Referee
He does not possess the integrity needed to wear the big red V, a similar offer was forwarded after drewsta started laying the boot in before we played the bluebags in 08. To say he rejected that offer with the same grace he did yours would be an understatement, I would have thought a true dragon would only wear one jumper, but thats just me. ;-)

The Preacher

First Grade
I was told the girls are only allowed to wear T-shirts and will be denied entry if they do not conform.
I myself will be inspecting this through a friends HD bigscreen. :sarcasm:

petetheileet

First Grade
I was told the girls are only allowed to wear T-shirts and will be denied entry if they do not conform.
I myself will be inspecting this through a friends HD bigscreen. :sarcasm:

Hahaha niice

someone get to the gate and hand out hooters singlets as they enter

Drew-Sta

Staff member
We don't want you to write for us, we just want to sit you on the bench. Our team CAN"T get any stronger, so we just want to weaken the opposition. ;-)

Doing the ole Roosters trick eh? :lol:

He does not possess the integrity needed to wear the big red V, a similar offer was forwarded after drewsta started laying the boot in before we played the bluebags in 08. To say he rejected that offer with the same grace he did yours would be an understatement, I would have thought a true dragon would only wear one jumper, but thats just me. ;-)

Haha, yes. The week before the 'grudge' match was fun. T'was a good game that.

All in jest though. Had the Dragons been around when I first started, I would no doubt have pulled on a big Red V and never looked back.

Sadly, I'm a loyal sod and I'm part of this rampaging Newtown side. Although I'm sure I'll eventually join Johnny Raper and make the switch eventually.

All in good time my friends :)

The Preacher

First Grade
Doing the ole Roosters trick eh? :lol:

Haha, yes. The week before the 'grudge' match was fun. T'was a good game that.

All in jest though. Had the Dragons been around when I first started, I would no doubt have pulled on a big Red V and never looked back.

Sadly, I'm a loyal sod and I'm part of this rampaging Newtown side. Although I'm sure I'll eventually join Johnny Raper and make the switch eventually.

All in good time my friends :)

Ahh, you blokes that for one reason or another never got to play for the Mighty Newtown when they were fully alive now try and live the dream through forum 7's.
I suppose your ages has something to do with missing out though.

*Think I better go and have a Nanny Nap* :sleeper:

j0nesy

Bench
Interesting backline combination, there could be a few points in it. However I'm a little concerned that we could leak quite a few more points.

Latest posts