What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team v Storm (Rnd21)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[SIZE=+1]Bickerstaff returns for Dragons v Storm clash [/SIZE]
Written by: Dragons Media

25/07/2006
bickerstaff-mattDragons2006_05_04.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons Coach Nathan Brown has made only one change to the side that will take on the Melbourne Storm this Sunday at Oki Jubilee Stadium.

Brown has shown faith in the side that took to the field against the Raiders and is expecting the players to rise to the challenge of taking on the Storm.

The only change to the side is that of Matt Bickerstaff returning after illness replacing Lee Te Maari who suffered a bout of concussion against the Raiders.

Unavailable Dragons are: Ben Creagh (Quad), Shaun Timmins (Quad), Corey Payne (Concussion), Wes Naiqama (Ankle).

NRL DRAGONS
v Melbourne Storm
3.00pm Sunday 30 July
Oki Jubilee Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown
1. Ben HORNBY
2. Colin BEST
3. Mark GASNIER
4. Matt COOPER
5. Brett MORRIS
6. Trent BARRETT (c)
7. Mathew HEAD
8. Jason RYLES
9. Dean YOUNG
10. Justin POORE
11. Sam ISEMONGER
12. Danny WICKS
13. Luke BAILEY
Interchange:
14. Michael HENDERSON
15. Ashton SIMS
16. Matt BICKERSTAFF
17. Aaron GORRELL

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WWW.JUBILEEAVENUE.COM.AU[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Premier League
v Wests Magpies
1.00pm Sunday 30 July
Oki Jubilee Stadium
Coach: Steven Price
1. Clint GREENSHIELDS
2. Reece SIMMONDS
3. Beau RYAN
4. Josh MORRIS
5. Tom HEWITT
6. Reece BLAYNEY
7. Jamie KEITH
8. Andrew PRICE
9. George NDAIRA
10. Chris HOUSTON (c)
11. Tom HABERECHT
12. Lee TE MAARI
13. Willie TUPOU
14. Matt PRIOR
15. Ben COUCHMAN
16. James JIMENEZ
17. Bryson GOODWIN

Jersey Flegg
v Wests Magpies
11.20am Sunday 30 July
Oki Jubilee Stadium
Coach: Corey Pearson
1. Travis ROCHE
2. Rota SETU
3. Ryan MILLARD
4. Keith LULIA
5. Luke IRWIN
6. Richard WILLIAMS
7. Blake DUREAU
8. Dan HUNT
9. Brad DAVIDSON (c)
10. Jhi TANNER
11. James GREHAN
12. James KEELAN
13. Nathan WYNN
14. Luke YOUNG
15. Francis LANGIFISI
16. Peter WAKLEY
17. Matt SEAMARK
18. Chris FARRELL
19. Daniel JARVIS
20. Junior SEUMANUTAFA

The Dodger

First Grade
that head knock on Lee Te Maari didnt look that bad on replay, but watching him trying to get up straight away, his arms were just giving way on him.

Kangaroo2

Juniors
Luke Bailey at lock forward eh? That's interesting. Shaun Timmins still hasn't returned. He's been scheduled to come back each week for the past month.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Storm: Billy Slater, Matt Geyer, Matt King, Jake Webster, Steve Turner, Scott Hill, Cooper Cronk, Antonio Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Brett White, David Kidwell, Ryan Hoffman, Dallas Johnson
Interchange: Michael Crocker, Jeremy Smith, Adam Blair, Nathan Friend, Garret Crossman, Greg Inglis (two to be omitted)

Inglis is pivotal to plans
Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Source: Herald Sun
TEENAGE star Greg Inglis could be fast-tracked into a playmaking role for Melbourne Storm next season, should it fail to lure Joel Moon from Brisbane today.
With veteran five-eighth Scott Hill switching to the English Super League and the promising Jackson Nicalau having signed with North Queensland, Storm is without a recognised No. 6 for 2007.
Moon is viewed as the ideal replacement for Hill, but the Australian Schoolboys representative's future remained unclear last night.
Moon met with Broncos coach Wayne Bennett yesterday in a desperate attempt to retain the boom youngster.
"We are quietly confident, but we do have a couple of other options," Storm recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan said.
"We have spoken to a player from another club, but we also have options from within."
Storm coach Craig Bellamy has stated he sees Inglis' long-term future at five-eighth.
Ideally, Storm would prefer Inglis, 19, to continue at centre or fullback, but O'Sullivan admitted the possibility of a move had been discussed.
"It is one of the scenarios we have considered," O'Sullivan said.
"Matt Geyer has also shown in the past he can do the job at No. 6, so we have a few options."
Bellamy said Inglis could handle the switch to a decision-making role.
Inglis will return from a back injury against St George Illawarra in Sydney on Sunday, but Bellamy said he was yet to decide where to play the Queensland Origin star.
"He'll definitely play. That's all that's certain at the moment," Bellamy said.

Steel Dragon

Bench
This is probably the strongest Dragons team of all of 2006 - if we dont go close to beating Melbourne this weekend - we dont have any realistic chance at taking the title this year.

With that said - c'mon you mighty Dragons! Let's kick some mexican a$$!

Father Ted

First Grade
Kangaroo2 said:
Luke Bailey at lock forward eh? That's interesting. Shaun Timmins still hasn't returned. He's been scheduled to come back each week for the past month.

Brownie doesn't have too much respect for traditional positions does he .

Dakink

Bench
Creagh is missed more than people think for mine. He has impact in defence and heart..

Ribs

Bench
Bailey at lock makes little sense to me..... in a game like this we need to put forward the closest side to the finals side we can and see where stand against the team thats setting the standard at the moment.

We seem to weaken one position to improve another......

Bickerstaff at lock for mine.....

Steel Dragon

Bench
I'd even throw the Ise-man in the #13.

Ive seen dumber positional moves before
And i think i'll see them again next year as we enter "Season '07: Dragons' Search for a Six"

I cant see Bails at lock for long, if at all. Taking arguably the best prop in the game and lobbing im in #13...??

Thats like putting Gasnier at 5/8. Oh, hold on........

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its just a number on the back. We'll see where he plays on match day.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
I cant see Bails at lock for long, if at all. Taking arguably the best prop in the game and lobbing im in #13...??

Thats like putting Gasnier at 5/8. Oh, hold on........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MONY

Juniors
Should be on hell of a game... This is the most un-confident I have been in weeks... hopefully for me it isnt a bad sign..

Might be heading to this game... Interesting to see How Gaz and Coop go against Webster and King..

The Preacher

First Grade
Well, the time has come. Contenders or pretenders ??
Let's run with Contenders and start ending a few opposition winning streaks. We've got the personnel, we've got the ability, we've got the speed and we've got the strength. Let's show the commitment and the desire and THEN we can start thinking about victory laps on the Oct. long weekend.:pray:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Storm have 1.5 start in Footy Tab. Do they now something we don't?

Geez I hope we beat these jokers. 71-0 would be good.

petetheileet

First Grade
Slippery Morris said:
Storm have 1.5 start in Footy Tab. Do they now something we don't?

Geez I hope we beat these jokers. 71-0 would be good.

id be happy with 71 - 10!! :lol: :lol: :lol: