What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team vs Doggies

Mr Red

First Grade
quote from Nathan Brown "... i am still interested in exploring the options of Hornby playing dummy half.."

i think this sums his thinking up... please Mr Brown leave now and save us at least half a season of embarrassment..

:x

Syren

Juniors
I totally dont understand it. Sure, he could run a bit more, but our losses are not his fault. OMG can Wayne Bennett come here earlier please?!

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
You are joking right ? The bulldogs are the slowest team in the comp , thats one advantage the dragons have is speed.

The slow coaches dont have anything in attack
do we have the intelligence to take advantage of the bulldogs, def not with browny

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
cmon doust do us all favour, you saved your neck with the benette signing and you must sack bromn and let mary run the team for the rest of the year, enough is enough:BDH::BDH::BDH:

big pat

Coach
i noticed on fox sports last night, they said the toyota cup match is on at 2.30 sat, to allow for 100 year celebrations to take place.

Our kicking was rubbish last week.

Hornby moreso, with him constantly punching them deep over the dead-ball.

I don't see the point in dropping Soward.

Dragons can win this game and f**k knows we need to cos we are turning into a rabble.

There is about as much direction, conviction and commitment in the team selection as there is out there when we are playing.

hint... hint...

:crazy: <- P.s: Does this smilie get used as much on any other forum as it does on the Dragons?

I said all along, we should not have been so quick to dump Matty Head.........now where are we, back where we started!

The recruitment and retention of this club over the last few years has been a disgrace! :crazy:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
You are joking right ? The bulldogs are the slowest team in the comp , thats one advantage the dragons have is speed.

The slow coaches dont have anything in attack

Speed only counts when we catch the ball, or for that matter our halves pass the ball to those who are quick.

Frankly, our side is in a shambles at the moment, and we are in all sorts. Our forward pack is not going forward. Our backs are in no way the lethal 1-5 we've had in previous years due to the underperformance of our 6-7. Our players are demoralised, they're frustrated, and they sure as hell do not look to be playing well as a team.

The Dogs will win or lose off the performance of Holdsworth and Williams.

The Preacher

First Grade
cmon doust do us all favour, you saved your neck with the benette signing and you must sack bromn and let mary run the team for the rest of the year, enough is enough:BDH::BDH::BDH:

f**ken Mary can't even get them through a training session. We've never had as many injuries as we've had with Mary being trainer.
He's on the same bus as Brownie and Wrigley. And by f**k I hope Mr.Tired and Emotional is put in the caboose. What a parlay those four would make.

Fatdog

Juniors
Prior and Green got about 15 minutes. How can they be dropped. Maybe if Nathan Brown used the bench more efficently it would give these kids a chance to show him what they can do.

Mr Red

First Grade
Brownie is using the interchange bench as a turnstile - rotating players each week in an effort to give them match time with the rest of the squad - this is due to the fact that we no longer have a reserve grade team.

well all its doing is creating more instability in a team that is already struggling.... :sarcasm:

Cagey Mac

Bench
IMO the following would be our best team
Last week BTW our stats were stacks better than the Cows except the scoreboard
The Dogs are the best team to try this line-up on as they’re slow
El Masri BTW is out with a dud hammy!

Nighty: I reckon he’s our best ball running back outside Gaz. Safe and knows where to be
Whare: Knows the way to the white strip almost as well as big Dell
Stanley: (Done it before)
Coops: Yay Coops
Lett (did enough in the CS to warrant his chance)
Hornby
John Kennedy (he’s good enough and he’s old enough and he can pass the ball FFS)
Poore
Webb: (tackles like Lincoln Withers)
Ryles
Creagh
Reynoldson
Young

Mundine: (best if not only ball playing forward in the club, star of the future!)
Hunt
Scott (put him on until his first mistake)
Setu

Mr Red

First Grade
hmmm...
i think there are several options on what could be our "best" team... but really lets face it

we simply dont have the right cattle to be a genuine top 4 team... we lack any credibility in the halves and hooker roles, and our forwards are as weak as wet tissues...
we dont have the right people in the key roles of numbers 1, 6,7 and 9... and until we do we wont be a serious threat.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I disagree Ed, I feel that we lack execution in attack close to the opposition line and that’s the lack of quality halves (or thinking halves) and the want of a quality ball player or two
Our defence, save a few problem on our line has been good (our for and against is only -2 and we’re 1 and 4) Our forwards are making the metres We are getting to the right end of the field but not putting the points on the board.
There is a way up the ladder with our current crop but Browny really is at sixes and sevens (pardon the horrible pun) He needs to take some advice or walk away and save further embarrassment.