What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons team vs Doggies

http://www.dragons.com.au/index.asp?pageID=101&menuItemID=10&articleID=2997

Coach Nathan Brown has today announced five personnel changes to the Dragons team for the Heritage Round clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium this Saturday night.
Michael Lett has been named on the wing to make his Dragons NRL debut replacing Josh Morris; Brett Morris has been named at fullback with Ben Hornby shifting to halfback at the expense of Jamie Soward; Chase Stanley returns from injury (shoulder) in the centres replacing the injured Mark Gasnier (calf) with Simon Woolford and Lagi Setu returning to the team on the interchange replacing Matt Prior and Jon Green.
Unavailable Dragons are: Mark Gasnier (calf) Rnd 10
NRL
v Bulldogs
5.30pm Saturday 19 April
ANZ Stadium
Coach: Nathan Brown

1. Brett MORRIS
2. Jason NIGHTINGALE
3. Chase STANLEY
4. Matt COOPER
5. Michael LETT
6. Rangi CHASE
7. Ben HORNBY (c)
8. Justin POORE
9. Stuart WEBB
10. Jason RYLES
11. Kirk REYNOLDSON
12. Ben CREAGH
13. Dean YOUNG

14. Simon WOOLFORD
15. Dan HUNT
16. Lagi SETU
17. Beau SCOTT

Ribs

Bench
Yeah big call and I hope it works out. Id have preferred to stick with Soward and keep Hornby at fullback.

If Morris drops more ball at the back I'll finally put to rest my faith in Brown.

dragondad

First Grade
I dont like the decision to drop Soward . He's my favourite player . but maybe we can get a win this weekend to prove Brownie wrong?...

Mr Red

First Grade
Soward had to go - he goes missing in action at crucial times and doesnt give the team any direction.

Hornby IS NOT THE ANSWER though.....
its proven in the past that he isnt the answer - no wonder Hornby's form is down - he is playing a different role each week the poor guy

Dragon

Coach
Soward being dropped to bush league is no good imo, wont do anything to help him. Hornby at half has been tried and failed many times.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
This is possibly one of the worst line ups I've seen from Saints in many years.

We are going to get flogged.

Dropping Soward is a clear indication that Brown cannot coach a half back into form, nor that he has any f**king clue where his players should be. Nightingale should clearly be FB (His natural position) with Whare on the wing.

Morris has not done enough to justify holding his position; Soward has.

shredda84

Juniors
what a joke to drop soward! my god brown is a f**kin idiot,he clearly is not the problem. where the hell are we gonna get consitancy when this bum of a coach continues to swap and change every week!
im over the continuall heartache,he clearly has to go now! hes useless

mightydragon

Juniors
Soward dropped and Chase kept....no wonder Brown isnt the coach next year and that we are the laughing stock of the NRL

Dragons_Head

Juniors
:crazy: big call dropping soward, he has been the most attacking and most dangerous player so far this year. if we didnt play soward we wouldnt have a goal kicker. hornby proved last week that he could play hooker, he was our best player. this would have been my team:
  1. J.Morris (a lot more dangerous in fullback)
  2. J.Nightingale
  3. C.Stanley
  4. M.Cooper
  5. B.Morris (this guy needs proper match fitness instead of playing in the bush comp)
  6. R.Chase
  7. J.Soward
  8. J.Poore (one of the strongest players last week)
  9. B.Hornby (troubled the cowboys defence here and gets more involved in the game)
  10. D.Hunt (give someone else a go instead of ryles, he hasnt done anything except give away stupid penalties)
  11. B.Creagh
  12. B.Scott (give him a go at starting)
  13. D.Young
  14. S.Webb (he was a whole lot of trouble last game)
  15. J.Ryles
  16. L.Setu (needs to get more game time and more ball)
  17. J.Green (when he was finally on he had a strong game)
18th Man S.Woolford/M.Prior

Give this team a go, its not like we could be doing any worse.
The younger guys need to be injected in the game earlier, they cause more trouble.

Mong

Post Whore
What the?

Reward Morris with the fullback spot?

Drop Ryles for stupid penalties but give Beau Scott a starting spot?

Keeping Hornby at hooker?

I didn't know Brownie posted on here..

Gaba

First Grade
This is possibly one of the worst line ups I've seen from Saints in many years.

We are going to get flogged.

You are joking right ? The bulldogs are the slowest team in the comp , thats one advantage the dragons have is speed.

The slow coaches dont have anything in attack

juanfarkall

Coach
Considering our attack is pretty pissy at the moment it may come down to penalty goals...

Lucky we have a better kicker......:sarcasm::crazy::lol:

no1dragon

Juniors
It's got to be one of the worst looking dragons line ups for a while. Not looking forward to this weekend but it could be an even match as Bulldogs are going pretty ordinary too.

Brown's just trying anything to see his career finish on a high and will do anything to get it. Unless Soward is getting some extra tutoring from someone like Joey Johns on the side then he's not going to come back a batter player. Poor bloke.

Good luck boys.

The Preacher

First Grade
I am trying to understand why Soward was dropped and the only explanation i can come up with was that he has been blamed for our guys constantly punching the line last weekend for multiple sets and not hardly ever getting through.

A dire move from a coach that is not knowing what to do..

Brownie "i'm sticking with Chase and Soward ".

I believe that Soward said something at training to his team mates because they sucked and his frustration with it all had him dropped..

Can't blame the guy for being one of a few who is actually trying..

The annoying thing is that on the scoreboard we are JUST loosing, why such a dramatic shuffle..Hornby has been switched 3 or 4 times this year..

Latest posts