What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs roosters

tumbidragon

First Grade
Agree. Rein will find it hard tackling the Roosters pack for 80. prob would drop Harrison as I think Mathews offers far more. Runs harder with better lines and also has a decent offload. Not to mention can put on a hit :) Good to see Mary sticking with JDB at lock. He's been fantastic and definitely deserves a starting spot. Plus Mez will give us plenty of impact off the bench, unfortunately not for my SC team :( lol
Feeling more confident this time round against the Nick Politis's...

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Yeah, they have some cattle missing. I think we are a genuine chance.

Since Mortimer left, who do they have coming off the bench to give Friend a rest?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Pretty tough for a hooker to go the full 80 and still be effective. I can only really think of Cam Smith, but even he has a break, sometimes slotting into halfback.
Farrah goes 80 too, but becomes tired and makes mistakes.

bottle

Coach
Yeah, they have some cattle missing. I think we are a genuine chance.

Since Mortimer left, who do they have coming off the bench to give Friend a rest?

They had Heath L'estrange performing in this role for a bit. Not sure if they are persevering with that though.

Highland Saint

Juniors
They had Heath L'estrange performing in this role for a bit. Not sure if they are persevering with that though.

Looks like L'estrange is named for this game. Friend made 69 tackles against the Knights but towards the end fell off a few tackles to let in a try

Highland Saint

Juniors
Extended bench I think Highland. Hope they play him. He stinks.

Yeah you're right Bottle, extended bench. Geez I'm gonna be tense watching this one. Its really hard to be optimistic following our last several outings against them.
There defense has slipped a lot since last year but they've still got easy points in them any time they feel like running the ball in. We've played them back in to form a few times but I think we might be able to jag a narrow win if we can get a few lucky ref calls

RedVDave

First Grade
Roosters

1 Anthony Minichiello (c)
2 Nene Macdonald
3 Michael Jennings
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Aidan Guerra
13 Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Interchange
14 Heath L'Estrange
15 Isaac Liu
16 Dylan Napa
17 Rémi Casty
18 Vincent Leuluai

Coach: Trent Robinson

http://www.nrl.com/official-team-lists-round-21/tabid/10874/newsid/80604/default.aspx

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that he should come back this week but take it easy
You know
Look after himself
Don't run too fast
Try to avoid tackling
Take a breather every now and then
All in Michael's best interest of course.

rainman44

Bench
The roosters forward pack will be hard to stop and that's minus sbw and aubuson, we couldn't go it with manly so if there is ever a good time to show us what they have it's sat night.

krispyredv

Juniors
Our backs > their backs. On paper their forwards will munch us but we have been quietly improving. If we can match them in the forwards we win. Mike cooper and benny creagh need to match them in the first 20 then mez coming in off the bench with stockwell. The only issue is our edges with the defense retreating, this needs to be fixed and there were some improvements against the tigers.

Slackboy72

Coach
I'm of the opinion that this decides both teams years.
Roosters lose this and they are also-rans, finish 5-8, get smashed in a prelim.
We win and we finish 7th, have a spectacular finals run, get smashed in a prelim.
Again just my opinion.

Tryhard

Juniors
Is Merrin 100%? If so I think the Pack will do well on the weekend, but agree Rein can't last 80, that will be where they run late if he does!

Agree. Rein will find it hard tackling the Roosters pack for 80. prob would drop Harrison as I think Mathews offers far more. Runs harder with better lines and also has a decent offload. Not to mention can put on a hit :) Good to see Mary sticking with JDB at lock. He's been fantastic and definitely deserves a starting spot. Plus Mez will give us plenty of impact off the bench, unfortunately not for my SC team :( lol
Feeling more confident this time round against the Nick Politis's...

Latest posts