What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs Souths

Joey_dragons

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Adam Quinlan
7. Nathan Fien
8. Jack de Belin
9. Mitch Rein
10. Michael Weyman
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin
14. Cameron King
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Jack Stockwell
19. Matt Prior
21. Daniel Vidot

www.dragons.com.au

BennyV

Referee
yes happy with that but I don't understand why seijka is not in the number 7 jersey to replace Nathan fein.

I dont think they would want to promote 2 young halves in one go, and getting Chase out of the halves was the priority...HOPEFULLY Seijka gets a shot in a couple of weeks, by all accounts he played well for Cutters and has a lot to offer.

On paper that team can get within 20 points of Souths. Big effort required but they can do it. Might be overly optimistic but I'm going to predict 12-32.

Come on Saints.

jenninga

First Grade
yes happy with that but I don't understand why seijka is not in the number 7 jersey to replace Nathan fein.

We don't need both halves changed,Fien is ok for now with Quinlan there to add some zip and creativity .
I am more concerned as to why there is a 6 man bench,and AhMau there again.

BennyV

Referee
We don't need both halves changed,Fien is ok for now with Quinlan there to add some zip and creativity .
I am more concerned as to why there is a 6 man bench,and AhMau there again.

Cover for the Origin players, depending on whether or not they back up.

Elias1983

Coach
Why the hell is weyman starting????

Regarding the bench my guess is ah mau and vidot to drop off the bench.

Twenty10

Juniors
I cannot f**king believe Fien is still half back. That is an absolute disgrace. Totally laughable, embarrassing and just f**ked.

Prior missing out proves to me he will not be re-signed. This I agree with.

But Fien??? Dear o dear

Elias1983

Coach
I cannot f**king believe Fien is still half back. That is an absolute disgrace. Totally laughable, embarrassing and just f**ked.

Prior missing out proves to me he will not be re-signed. This I agree with.

But Fien??? Dear o dear

Agree, but unfortunately Fien is a protected species in this team for his service to the club...which is understandable. I don't think he will be dropped at all this year but I think he won't be there next year either.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I would be happy with

7. Seijka

Interchange
14. Cameron King
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Jack Stockwell
21. Daniel Vidot

I guess it would be hard to put both inexperienced halves in at the same time against the team coming first !

But i would be happy with them both being there next week !

TheRev

First Grade
Great change.. would have been nice to give Adam a few more weeks in the cutters, but still a very welcome change.. Quinlan I think is the better runner so im good with this.. but might take a few weeks for him and Fien to work out their structure.. Harry is unlucky but he will get a shot sooner or later.

Cant wait to watch the game now.. just wish it wasnt against Souths lol, our forward pack is about to be monstered and give the halves very little room to move.

NB. If Dugan doesnt back up id be very interested to see who replaces him now.. im guessing Cummins.

BennyV

Referee
Great change.. would have been nice to give Adam a few more weeks in the cutters, but still a very welcome change.. Quinlan I think is the better runner so im good with this.. but might take a few weeks for him and Fien to work out their structure.. Harry is unlucky but he will get a shot sooner or later.

Cant wait to watch the game now.. just wish it wasnt against Souths lol, our forward pack is about to be monstered and give the halves very little room to move.

NB. If Dugan doesnt back up id be very interested to see who replaces him now.. im guessing Cummins.

Would very very risky on his 3rd week back from long term injury to give him his debut...I'd say either Quinlan drops back and Harry gets called up or Nightingale goes back with Vidot to the wing...

Then again, Cummins getting a shot is probably the best scenario of the 3...

Twenty10

Juniors
Agree, but unfortunately Fien is a protected species in this team for his service to the club...which is understandable. I don't think he will be dropped at all this year but I think he won't be there next year either.

Can't agree mate. It's not understandable at all. He's only a protected species because the coach is an absolute amateur. He's persisting with the same halfback expecting a different result. It's beyond ridiculous. Fien will not be in the team next year. Why the f**k keep him now??

Souths will tear us a new A-hole

Elias1983

Coach
Can't agree mate. It's not understandable at all. He's only a protected species because the coach is an absolute amateur. He's persisting with the same halfback expecting a different result. It's beyond ridiculous. Fien will not be in the team next year. Why the f**k keep him now??

Souths will tear us a new A-hole

Yeh fair enough.

At least quinlan is a step in the right direction....we hope.

TheRev

First Grade
Would very very risky on his 3rd week back from long term injury to give him his debut...I'd say either Quinlan drops back and Harry gets called up or Nightingale goes back with Vidot to the wing...

Then again, Cummins getting a shot is probably the best scenario of the 3...
Yeah fully agree, and ur right.. Harry is still an outside chance of call up, though its a bit tough on Quinlan to train and get selected and then dropped back to fullback again.

I mentioned in other thread that Runciman would surely be BMoz's backup, he would go well on the left edge id reckon.

Latest posts