What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs Souths

grouch

First Grade
I see it, you see it, everyone sees it everyone except Price sees it.
I see one of our most productive backs outside of Dugan. Going back to round ten he leads our backline (aside from Duges) for tackle breaks and offloads. Good qualities for a centre. I'm keen to say how his game as a centre looks now after the exposure to five-eighth.

Hopefully with the new halves combo he gets more quality ball and space

vanilla gorilla

Juniors
Agree with most comments on this subject. But I like others am disappointed that Harry does not get a jersey at halfback and FIEN drops back to the bench for utility value. Souths are going to be a real Everest to get over, both physically & metaphorically speaking but I will watch and live in hope that we don't get flogged

twinkletoes

Juniors
We have struggled all year to win games. Quinlan at 5/8 is a good move to try and inject some creativity and speed into the backline. No one should expect miracles from him...so leave him there for the rest of the season and he will develop nicely. I suppose Fien needed to stay to give him some support.

Cooper has to be some risk having not played nor being able to run much for over 3 months to bring strait back into first grade. Would have preferred Runciman in the centres.

BennyV

Referee
I see one of our most productive backs outside of Dugan. Going back to round ten he leads our backline (aside from Duges) for tackle breaks and offloads. Good qualities for a centre. I'm keen to say how his game as a centre looks now after the exposure to five-eighth.

Too much logic. Not cool. :sarcasm:

TheRev

First Grade

Lovely post, its amazing the bias eyes us fans view players through... Chase is an average centre, but hes the best we have by a fair margin on the right side, hes quite competent and experienced, and at his best makes more breaks than anyone else in our backline (excluding dugan)..... much like our other centres though he gets terrible ball game after game..

Having said that I do agree that he wont be there in 2014, Beale or Farrell on the right.

BennyV

Referee
Lovely post, its amazing the bias eyes us fans view players through... Chase is an average centre, but hes the best we have by a fair margin on the right side, hes quite competent and experienced, and at his best makes more breaks than anyone else in our backline (excluding dugan)..... much like our other centres though he gets terrible ball game after game..

Having said that I do agree that he wont be there in 2014, Beale or Farrell on the right.

I reckon he would provide some fair competition on the right next year - at worst, he's a handy backup for injury...he may not have the speed but he is strong, has decent footwork and can offload. It depends on how he goes the rest of this year, particularly how he goes running off a decent half (hoping Harry gets a run). His defense is definitely a bit suspect but has been helped having Harrison inside him.

TheRev

First Grade
I reckon he would provide some fair competition on the right next year - at worst, he's a handy backup for injury...he may not have the speed but he is strong, has decent footwork and can offload. It depends on how he goes the rest of this year, particularly how he goes running off a decent half (hoping Harry gets a run). His defense is definitely a bit suspect but has been helped having Harrison inside him.
Im actually curious whether he will be there next year though, same with a number of players being 'replaced' so to speak in 2014, its a lot of money on our books, and either they play in the cutters and try to force their way in or they leave early and play at another club..

Not sure whats best from the players and clubs salary cap perspective?

BennyV

Referee
Im actually curious whether he will be there next year though, same with a number of players being 'replaced' so to speak in 2014, its a lot of money on our books, and either they play in the cutters and try to force their way in or they leave early and play at another club..

Not sure whats best from the players and clubs salary cap perspective?

Is he off contract? If so, maybe he wont be there, but last year he was stuck in Cutters for most of the year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is there next year too. We will be losing Cooper, so Beale/Farrell as first choice centres with Runciman/Stanley as back ups seems reasonable...

If we replace players, we will probably find ourselves lacking in depth, and someone like Beale could be fairly injury prone so we need some backups who can hold their own...I'd prefer Chase as backup over Green!

TheRev

First Grade
Is he off contract? If so, maybe he wont be there, but last year he was stuck in Cutters for most of the year, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is there next year too. We will be losing Cooper, so Beale/Farrell as first choice centres with Runciman/Stanley as back ups seems reasonable...

If we replace players, we will probably find ourselves lacking in depth, and someone like Beale could be fairly injury prone so we need some backups who can hold their own...I'd prefer Chase as backup over Green!
Thats it hey.. does your money go into depth or your Top 17?

To be successful you need good players flying under the radar (not on big money), and you need pressure from the young players coming through (also on not too much money), its the only way you field a top footy side.. right now Runciman is a good candidate for floating between 1sts and Cutters, still rly young a work in progress..

Chase could stay on as backup I guess if he cant get a gig elsewhere (I doubt he could in the NRL anyway), and yes Green should try another club, or 2nd row or whatever but hopefully Price has cottoned on now that his development time this year should have been used on someone else.

On paper that team can get within 20 points of Souths. Big effort required but they can do it. Might be overly optimistic but I'm going to predict 12-32.

Come on Saints.

I'd be happy with 12-32. That is, unless it's just two solo efforts from Duges.

This is a learning opportunity, and if our backs can get some good ball, and convert it into points, then I'll be well happy.

I like Quinlans passing game. I hope he goes well.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

This is a learning opportunity, and if our backs can get some good ball, and convert it into points, then I'll be well happy.

Its great for Quinlan to be there, but I'll bet my house that Price still plays the same structure.

TheRev

First Grade

He isnt going to get a lot of momentum from his forwards, so will make it tough to show any form of passing game, but im backing some insightful runs will lift our spirits with something to look forward to in 2013.

Father Ted

First Grade
We do have women forummers here Father. You know... birds, chicks, sheilas, skirts, broads, girlies... so stop being a sexist prick.

Oh, and yea. Quinlan is the new choc... he's the man!

Interesting ...I've heard of them, We call them nuns .. And the job of every Catholic prick is to make more Catholics .. Usually with the above ... Btw is this you're opinion or my reality I'm talking with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

I like the team except I would have Runciman over Stanley that's be the only difference I would make.

I also

I just don't get how Stanley keeps getting picked; no step, no swagger, not quick, cr@p defence, no swiftness offers sweet f**k all. I see it, you see it, everyone sees it everyone except Price sees it.

Price sees what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-OF9tv5n0

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
I have a feeling we may take them down, just a hunch lol. Go the Mighty's.

nrlnrl

First Grade
early reports that Inglis will be out between 4 & 8 weeks with pcl damage - no news on Dragons trio yet.

RedV_J

Juniors
King apparently didn't overcome his shoulder injury and I am assuming that Stockwell didn't make the side

Latest posts