What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to be unbearable if they win the comp?

Eddie.

Bench
This is not a dig at the Dragons or their fans. I think the hatred and baiting towards them set it up for them to take more then a few pot shots if they win the grand final. Guys I think it is obvious that the media and opposition fans are just waiting to pounce if the Dragons don't win the competition. Rightly or wrongly they will be slammed and laughed at and castigated for choking. Fairly or unfairly. I can't remember ever being this much pressure on a team to get the job done. The Media are just waiting for them to fall over and all the fans of the other Sydney clubs will be supporting the Tigers like it is their own team on Saturday Night.

This all sets it up for Saints to really carry on should they get the prize. Every team carrys on when they win the comp but i can see the Red V having extra reasons to celebrate. I think they could be the most chest beating winners of recent times. And to honest who could blame them?? Their fans and players im sure have had a gutful of the Chokers tag, and im sure will mockingly celebrate with a few choker holds if they lift the cup. You can see all this hatred building up and you can see the players with every word storing it in the back of their minds and ready to explode if they win.

All im saying is that for all these people mocking them and laughing at them, prepare for the backlash and the carry on......

Fingerbang

Bench
They won't be unbearable, will just be a little payback for all the sh!t they have copped. Oh, and the planets will have realigned to normality once again.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh look another unoriginal choke line :roll:

Moron.

As for the OP, I would debate the "Dragons" being unbearable. Any Sydney team winning the comp would result in an unbearable outpouring of showmanship by that club's fans. The only reason we haven't seen it for a while is because Melbourne kept winning. Manly fans were pretty annoying in 2008 :p

ouwet

Bench
Oh look another unoriginal choke line :roll:

Moron.

As for the OP, I would debate the "Dragons" being unbearable. Any Sydney team winning the comp would result in an unbearable outpouring of showmanship by that club's fans. The only reason we haven't seen it for a while is because Melbourne kept winning. Manly fans were pretty annoying in 2008 :p

Dragons Number 1 supporter to the rescue!:lol:

ByRd

First Grade
Seriously Timmah, your dragons wankfest is getting annoying lol we are Bulldog fans and are meant to HATE them but every post you make its like you have been a fan for 1000 years lol

Iafeta

Referee
I'm not sure how they'd react. I say that because I wasn't alive the last time they won one. :shock:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I didn't know there was a requirement in the Bulldogs fans code of conduct that said you can't bandwagon other teams in the finals?

Bottom line - choke jokes are really repetitive, old and not really funny; and my point about fans of ANY Sydney team becoming unbearable after winning a comp stands.

gregstar

Referee
who gives a f*ck?!

whether a team wins or chokes, deadsh*ts will need scorn & ridicule daily regardless.

manly losing & then winning didn't make pincess effie any more or less of a f*ckwit.

regardless of saints winning, if a poster is a goober, they'll still require the usual forum treatment. gaba will still have the target-shaped birthmark on its forehead.

if the tigers win, insane will still open skeepe's fan mail.

if jason ryles & brian smith go the grope on stage after the big one, marshall stalin will still be as funny as a murdered infant.

if the titans win, they'll still have 3 forum members.

& regardless of whose club lifts the trophy, i'm better than all of you & you know it.

phonetic

Juniors
All my mates who constantly give me crap about Saints know they are in a spot of bother should the unthinkable happen and we actually win a comp.

Just how it is.

Gaba

First Grade
People are going to be smiling and bragging no matter if the dragons win or not.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Good luck to them - they deserve it if they end up winning it.

As a Tigers fan, I was unbearable to friends supporting other clubs when we won the comp. Just the way it is.

Latest posts