What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Vs Parramatta

mighty v

Juniors
you guys are giving the slimy eels to much credit ...there "pretenders"....

If Ryles is back next week ,(even without coops) we will absolutely make fools of there forward pack in the first half and start racking up a cricket score in teh 2nd

Saints by 13 + ....

attamarrap

Juniors
mighty v said:
you guys are giving the slimy eels to much credit ...there "pretenders"....

If Ryles is back next week ,(even without coops) we will absolutely make fools of there forward pack in the first half and start racking up a cricket score in teh 2nd

Saints by 13 + ....
best attack + best defence = parramatta

Willow

Assistant Moderator
attamarrap said:
Yes, I saw the stats today.
attamouth, would you be willing to call Parramatta the 'benchmark'?

Morenito

Juniors
Dragons say no to $200k

By DEAN RITCHIE Rugby League Writer

August 16, 2005

PREMIERSHIP favourites St George Illawarra yesterday knocked back a $200,000 windfall to keep the home-ground advantage for their match of the season against Parramatta.

Dragons officials discussed moving Sunday's blockbuster from Oki Jubilee Stadium to Aussie Stadium.

The move would have allowed more than 35,000 fans to see the game live instead of the 17,000 that will fill Kogarah to capacity.

The SCG Trust offered to host Sunday's game at Aussie Stadium and the NRL said it would not oppose the move. But Dragons chief Peter Doust said his club had decided not to move the game because of their commitment to the club's heartland and corporate supporters.

The Dragons could have banked $350,000 to $400,000 by playing at Aussie Stadium but will only take about half that figure at Kogarah.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1264&storyid=3616078

PIG

Juniors
It's clear Saints are the bench mark- just ask your new biggest fan Gus Gould. I mean since we belted you 6 weeks ago, you've beaten:

* Manly
* Cronulla
* Roosters
* Nth Qld
* Brisbane

You can't argue with that form line- all teams at the peek of their powers.

Dead set the only way Brisbane would win a comp these days was if it finished after 16 rounds. Their team is old and tires significantly more than others towards the back end of every season...on Sunday they were very ordinary and devoid of ideas in attack.

IMHO Saints, Parra, daylight, and the Tigers are the teams to beat- with Brisbane capable of firing and beating anyone on any given day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Excuse me, but according to reverse parramatta:

That makes Parra the best team in the comp and the team to beat.

brokendigit

Juniors
Parramatta: definitely the team to beat at the moment. They've had their necessary couple of losses at the right time, & are now starting to hit peak form.
It'll take a massive effort & a fair amount of luck to beat them from here.

Wobbygong

First Grade
We'll still beat them without Cooper, Head and Ryles.

If we don't then we have a valid excuse. lol

That's the way you have to look at these things!

Utey

Coach
Will be a ripper. Cant wait. If we leave Oki with a win, Iam sure we will charge into the finals knowing we beat another "favourite".

The Colonel

Immortal
Willow said:

But we know the truth is what Channel Nine and Goose Gould tells us, don't we?

Coming up against your mob, I'd liked to have seen a little more of that "backs to the wall, fight em all" rubbish the Dogs fans love to trot out about their team rather than a scoreline like the one we saw on Friday.

It will be a great game. From both sides they could be missing key players - Ryles, Cooper and Head from the Dragons and McKinnon, Vella and Wagon from the Eels - but it shouldn't take away from the game.

Glad to see it stay at Kogarah to. It would have been great to see it in front of a 30,000 plus crowd with a semi final atmosphere but 17,000 at Kogarah will be just as good.

Dragonheart

Juniors
Over the last couple of weeks it has become apparent the the tipsters are on shakey ground.

On current form I see a Parramatta Vs St. George Illawarra Grand Final.

The only real danger to that is likely to come from the Wests Tigers, at this stage.

Mind you, I'm certainly not going to be the one to say that the Brisbane Broncos won't make it, it's just not likely on current form.

Nickeel

Juniors
Slippery Morris said:
They should put Cayless' article from last week on the wall so all Dragons players can read it before the game.

Yeah, see, that would work if the Dragons were playing the Herald's sub-editor.

If you actually read the article, I think what Caylo says is all pretty fair (I read it a week ago, so my memory may fail). Basically he said St George are travelling well, but that we beat them and a lot of people are forgetting that. Which part of that isn't true? The only truly inflammatory part of the artivle is the headline, and the subby came up with that, not Caylo.

Next you'll be advocating players tape up RLW articles in the rooms - some of their sensational headlines and covers take the cake.

Nick

Nickeel

Juniors
Dragonheart said:
Over the last couple of weeks it has become apparent the the tipsters are on shakey ground.

On current form I see a Parramatta Vs St. George Illawarra Grand Final.

The only real danger to that is likely to come from the Wests Tigers, at this stage.

Mind you, I'm certainly not going to be the one to say that the Brisbane Broncos won't make it, it's just not likely on current form.

Saints are definitely there, at the moment. You can't find a fault anywhere.

Nick

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Willow said:

Statistics, you gotta love 'em

Thats taken over the whole season, but people are rightly putting thier hard earned on the Dragons, due to thier current form, and rightly so.

Add to that the benefit of playing at Kogarah, and it should be a Dagon's victory, but the Eels have struck some form at the right time of the year as well and are holding down second spot for a very good reason.

Game of the year for mine.

Wobbygong

First Grade
McKinnon, Vella and Wagon missing, wouldn't that be an advantage for you?

Those three aren't exactly on the same page as Head, Ryles and Cooper.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wobbygong said:
McKinnon, Vella and Wagon missing, wouldn't that be an advantage for you?

While not on the same page, they do offer a lot to the team in regards to experience and what they bring into the team itself. While most fans wouldn't pick them, the blokes they play with can't wait for them to be back.....

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Colonel, you're better off without Vella and Wagon. Vella is soft and Wagon flops. In saying that, Ryles does both, and I prefer Henderson or Norrie in the side.

McKinnon, on the other hand, is the shining light of your side and is going to be sorely missed for his positioning, experience and defence. Reddy will do a good job but not with the same polish McKinnon would.

borat

Bench
Oh dear, what a shame:lol:

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1175.asp

TIMANA TAHU
16 August 2005

Following precautionary x-rays, it has been confirmed that Parramatta Eels player Timana Tahu has suffered a small break to his right hand.

At this stage it is unclear how long the injury will keep him out of football, but it is expected to be around 4 weeks.

Tahu joins Michael Vella, Matt Petersen, Wade McKinnon, and Justin Tsoulos on the injured list, while Daniel Wagon will make his return to the NRL in Sunday's match against the Dragons.