What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs St Helens

kit66

Bench

That's quite a line-up, if St Helens play their top squad for the first half they'll put 50 on us at least before half time.
Treigh Stewart couldn't tackle a packed lunch, we could have at least pretended we were serious and put a Feagai or Lomax at the back. And what's wrong with Ben Hunt ?
It's going to be a long year.

Dragon David

First Grade
That's quite a line-up, if St Helens play their top squad for the first half they'll put 50 on us at least before half time.
Treigh Stewart couldn't tackle a packed lunch, we could have at least pretended we were serious and put a Feagai or Lomax at the back. And what's wrong with Ben Hunt ?
While I'm expecting that we won't win this game against St Helens, I think that this trial/pre-season game will enable us to see how our players that will be playing, put in.

We do have several would be first graders missing like as you say Hunt and the likes of DeBelin, Sua, Sloan, Kerr, Sullivan, etc so I'm not going to be disappointed too much if we lose provided our guys have a good run and there are no serious injuries.

Draginzaaar

Bench
It's a trail match. No other teams so far have played their best players. Most will put the best team in next week.

How I'll be watching tonight's game v St Helens:
Nervous Rugby GIF by Worcester Warriors

thebigredv

First Grade
All pretty irrelevant as to who we field. St Helens look a strong lineup though. Would be doing well to beat them with our injuries. Has it been said which team gets to wear the traditional home strip?
Both teams cant surely wear the v.

kit66

Bench
Kerr looking solid in the all stars game. Sloan showing good touches

Yeah Kerr's playing well, NRL.com have him down for an error but it was Hynes who dropped the ball not Kerr. Sloan looks willing, Fuimaono looks lost in defence, doesn't know where to be or how to mark up on his man.
The ref just let Fisher Harris tell him what to do and milked a sin bin and Report for Kerr, f'n disgrace, what a pea hearted gesture that was - very Panthersish. Kerr's shoulder contacts JFH's shoulder first, I actually think JFH's chin hits his own shoulder in the impact not Kerr's.
Musgrove is defending well but not doing much in the hit-up stakes, his pack mates though are dominating easily, some big boys there.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Yeah Kerr's playing well, NRL.com have him down for an error but it was Hynes who dropped the ball not Kerr. Sloan looks willing, Fuimaono looks lost in defence, doesn't know where to be or how to mark up on his man.
The ref just let Fisher Harris tell him what to do and milked a sin bin and Report for Kerr, f'n disgrace, what a pea hearted gesture that was - very Panthersish. Kerr's shoulder contacts JFH's shoulder first, I actually think JFH's chin hits his own shoulder in the impact not Kerr's.
Musgrove is defending well but not doing much in the hit-up stakes, his pack mates though are dominating easily, some big boys there.
Agree. Sloan only played half the game but looks very poised and graceful. Kerr was tough and aggressive. Fui did some good defence and generally toiled away well. Thought Musgrove was at half pace most of the game, appeared lazy but likely just “ tapering”…..

qld redvee

Juniors
lets hope hook gives kerr a decent go this year as he gives go forward and can pop a offload - he must be a better proposition than woods.. And musgrove just trundled up in hit ups - hope he can take it up a gear or 2