What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons vs storms (make it or break it)

STGI

Juniors
Gameday thread
Gotta say I pretty nervous on this won. A loss will probably bow us out of finals contention.
FIRE UP SAINTS 🔥 🔥 🔥

blacksafake

First Grade
I think we have a pretty good chance of knocking them over.The boys will be better for the run last week & really the scoreboard against souths only blew out at the back end of the game thanks the their kicking game.If we can go with their forwards who I don't think are any better than in previous years there's no reason they can't grind out a win.The kicking game of Cronk is IMO the main danger.

TruSaint

Referee
I think we have a pretty good chance of knocking them over.The boys will be better for the run last week & really the scoreboard against souths only blew out at the back end of the game thanks the their kicking game.If we can go with their forwards who I don't think are any better than in previous years there's no reason they can't grind out a win.The kicking game of Cronk is IMO the main danger.

The 2 points above... 100% agree with.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
They need to bring that strong defence back from earlier in the year and jag a win built on that.
They can do it but will really need to fire up!
It wont be all over if they don't but the fat lady will be certainly warming her tonsils for it.

Twenty10

Juniors
If Marshall and widdop play anything like they have been, we will lose 13+. The storm are clinical and more than most teams they will punish ridiculous plays like 1. Kicking early on 3rd or 4th tackle and giving opposition possession starting on their 40m, 2. Forcing stupid passes early in tackle count when on the attack, 3. Kicking dead when attempting to get a repeat set, 4. Trying short drop outs with 23 minutes to go and only a handful of points behind....

These are the thing our halves have consistently been doing over the last month or so. Playing so impatiently. If they don't play patient and earn their big salaries it's done, over, all gone.

I have no doubt our pack will aim up. No doubt at all. For me it's ALL on widdop and Marshall. Time they f**ken took some accountability and got serious about leading this team around.

Oh and if mitch isn't the busiest player on the park, well we may as well play Le strange for 80mins.

since77

Juniors
If Marshall and widdop play anything like they have been, we will lose 13+. The storm are clinical and more than most teams they will punish ridiculous plays like 1. Kicking early on 3rd or 4th tackle and giving opposition possession starting on their 40m, 2. Forcing stupid passes early in tackle count when on the attack, 3. Kicking dead when attempting to get a repeat set, 4. Trying short drop outs with 23 minutes to go and only a handful of points behind....

These are the thing our halves have consistently been doing over the last month or so. Playing so impatiently. If they don't play patient and earn their big salaries it's done, over, all gone.

I have no doubt our pack will aim up. No doubt at all. For me it's ALL on widdop and Marshall. Time they f**ken took some accountability and got serious about leading this team around.

What he said

FlameThrower

Bench
Watch the penalties awarded to the storm in the first 20 minutes of the game........it's been de riguer for the last 6-7 weeks now, epecially under this ref.

Exactly and when we do get a few penaltys our way, we get them on our 10 metre line, so need to make 90 metre gains, while we cop them against our 20 metre line and need to face repeat sets!

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Watch the penalties awarded to the storm in the first 20 minutes of the game........it's been de riguer for the last 6-7 weeks now, epecially under this ref.

This !
And then when the game is out of reach, we will get 4 of the last 5 penalties to even it out ! (Feel free to copy and paste this sentence on the game thread during the game ! )
But if we're good enough, we can convert those penalties into points and come from behind to win .....,
and then I woke up !

Last edited:

saintjeff

Juniors
We have no luck benji throws it forward and then we give a penalty then they score 12 point turn ,when will we learn .I know once we are behind thats it game over .
The storm wont give us too many chances