What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

slippy

Juniors
Hi team,

Does anybody know when the NRL 2015 season draw will be released? Am in the process of planning a few trips and would love to have a fair idea of a few dates.

Couldn't find a concrete answer anywhere.

Mods, feel free to delete this once I know :crazy:

Thank you :D

_Johnsy

Referee
I'd like to ask baby jeebus to fulfil a request. please have Melb V Drags in Melb on the 3rd/4th/5th April.
homer-simpson.gif

Amen

Canard

Immortal
I'd rather go back to the "tradition" of Broncos v Cowboys in Round 1, so the code starts the season with a bang, rather than last years soft opening. But as it's the Cowboys 20th season, I wonder if they will request to play the Bulldogs at home in Round 1 to commemorate the 1995 Round 1 game? (Similarly with the Warriors and Broncos?)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't remember exactly why, but I'm pretty sure the Warriors wanted round 1 to be against the Broncos at home but it was rejected or not possible (or even their first home game in round 2).

I have a feeling it was a reason like a music concert being held the same weekend at Mt Smart.

docbrown

Coach
We should only really use up 1 or 2 of our rivalry games in Round One, the rest should be spread out. The matches should take into account last year's form and crowd results, daylight savings plus also the early March heat.

Broncos vs Dragons @ Lang Park on Thursday Night - Seriously, we all know the Broncos are going to be on F2A, if we want to avoid Rabbitohs on the Thursday at least for the Broncos a 7:05-7:20pm QLD local kick off (similar to Monday night) equates to an 8:05-8:20pm EDST kickoff. More family friendly for a weeknight for the Broncos, good for TV. The NRL could splurge $50 and hire some decent Season Opener entertainment for the 7:30-8:00 slot. I still say we should be treating the opener like the grand final (play it the Sunday night before hand) but for now it's Thursday. 40k+

Rabbitohs vs Roosters @ Stadium Australia on Friday Night - I know it's Roosters turn for Rd 1 but it should be swapped. The prelim final crowd was underwhelming but off the back of the first grand final in years if they're aiming for anything less than 50-60k it's a joke (should be a sell out). And as it's likely to be first pick it's going to be a night game but it needs to be the Friday.

Knights vs Sharks @ Newcastle on Saturday Arvo at 4pm - by round 4 they were bottom of table and still pulled 18k for same game, Knights are the least-worst to host wooden spooners first up. 15k-20k+ depending on the weather.

Storm vs Raiders @ MRS on Saturday twilight at 6:30pm EDST - with no AFL on the twilight slot avoids the heat. With promotion capable of drawing 15k+

Cowboys vs Titans @ Townsville on Saturday night - the Cowboys should usually limit the amount of home games played during the first few rounds but after that 1 point loss try and capitalise support first up at home (before form becomes a factor), wait a few weeks, then schedule their second home game as Cowboys vs Roosters. Also a 7:30pm QLD kickoff is 8:30pm EDST. 15-25k.

Warriors vs Eels @ Mt Smart on Sunday at 4pm local (2pm EDST) - no super rugby on that day, You'd be aiming 15k+

Bulldogs vs Tigers (or Panthers) @ Stadium Australia on Sunday arvo at 4pm - When you consider that the prelim only got 8k less surely this kind of Western Sydney opener off the back of a grand final is capable of 35-45k (Tigers opener got 20k this year). Schedule it at 4pm (live for tv) to avoid potential heat.

Panthers vs Sea Eagles @ Penrith on Monday Night -
A strong match up for the first Monday night game and the Panthers allotted Monday night match, you'd hope Panthers fans turns up. 15k+

9 will picks the Broncos & Rabbitohs matches, Fox's next best is Panthers for Mondays leaving Bulldogs for 9 on Sunday (that said there's more leeway/negotiation now).

All up aiming for 200k, hopefully more. With competent promotion and management - 250k.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
We should only really use up 1 or 2 of our rivalry games in Round One, the rest should be spread out. The matches should take into account last year's form and crowd results, daylight savings plus also the early March heat.

Broncos vs Dragons @ Lang Park on Thursday Night - Seriously, we all know the Broncos are going to be on F2A, if we want to avoid Rabbitohs on the Thursday at least for the Broncos a 7:05-7:20pm QLD local kick off (similar to Monday night) equates to an 8:05-8:20pm EDST kickoff. More family friendly for a weeknight for the Broncos, good for TV. The NRL could splurge $50 and hire some decent Season Opener entertainment for the 7:30-8:00 slot. I still say we should be treating the opener like the grand final (play it the Sunday night before hand) but for now it's Thursday. 40k+

Rabbitohs vs Roosters @ Stadium Australia on Friday Night - I know it's Roosters turn for Rd 1 but it should be swapped. The prelim final crowd was underwhelming but off the back of the first grand final in years if they're aiming for anything less than 50-60k it's a joke (should be a sell out). And as it's likely to be first pick it's going to be a night game but it needs to be the Friday.

Knights vs Sharks @ Newcastle on Saturday Arvo at 4pm - by round 4 they were bottom of table and still pulled 18k for same game, Knights are the least-worst to host wooden spooners first up. 15k-20k+ depending on the weather.

Storm vs Raiders @ MRS on Saturday twilight at 6:30pm EDST - with no AFL on the twilight slot avoids the heat. With promotion capable of drawing 15k+

Cowboys vs Titans @ Townsville on Saturday night - the Cowboys should usually limit the amount of home games played during the first few rounds but after that 1 point loss try and capitalise support first up at home (before form becomes a factor), wait a few weeks, then schedule their second home game as Cowboys vs Roosters. Also a 7:30pm QLD kickoff is 8:30pm EDST. 15-25k.

Warriors vs Eels @ Mt Smart on Sunday at 4pm local (2pm EDST) - no super rugby on that day, You'd be aiming 15k+

Bulldogs vs Tigers (or Panthers) @ Stadium Australia on Sunday arvo at 4pm - When you consider that the prelim only got 8k less surely this kind of Western Sydney opener off the back of a grand final is capable of 35-45k (Tigers opener got 20k this year). Schedule it at 4pm (live for tv) to avoid potential heat.

Panthers vs Sea Eagles @ Penrith on Monday Night -
A strong match up for the first Monday night game and the Panthers allotted Monday night match, you'd hope Panthers fans turns up. 15k+

9 will picks the Broncos & Rabbitohs matches, Fox's next best is Panthers for Mondays leaving Bulldogs for 9 on Sunday (that said there's more leeway/negotiation now).

All up aiming for 200k, hopefully more. With competent promotion and management - 250k.

I think Melb V NZ would be a better drawcard in melb

insert.pause

First Grade
I'd rather go back to the "tradition" of Broncos v Cowboys in Round 1, so the code starts the season with a bang, rather than last years soft opening. But as it's the Cowboys 20th season, I wonder if they will request to play the Bulldogs at home in Round 1 to commemorate the 1995 Round 1 game? (Similarly with the Warriors and Broncos?)

Yes!!! I have been calling for it to happen for years, I don't understand why they have moved away from it the last few years. A couple of times there hasn't even been a game in Brisbane on the opening weekend. Having it round 2-3 takes some shine off it, I hope next year they don't schedule it so we meet twice in the first 9 rounds, it was beyond stupid and they did the same thing with the titans games so that by half way through the season all the derby games were over. It also takes something away from the games when its only been a few weeks between meetings.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
I think Melb V NZ would be a better drawcard in melb

That's the Anzac Day game.

Other options would be the Sea Eagles or Dragons but I'd also suggest Storm vs Dragons should be the Good Friday Night game every year (no AFL on).

Yes!!! I have been calling for it to happen for years, I don't understand why they have moved away from it the last few years.

Because they play Thursday & Friday instead of two Friday games and neither the 9 nor the NRL want to schedule a QLD derby without a NSW derby on in the other state.

Latest posts