What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew is f#@king ordinary

However I hate the fact we have these "nancys" on the forum saying "I'm a DREW Believer".

You can hate the fact but is there a need for such insults? Opinions can be shared, but there is no need to insult those who think differently.

I though drew was ok, not great. He did do some good things, but the weakness was defence last night, it was like he wasn't there. This made the defence look ordinary because they had to defend with 12. I would prefer him to come back off the bench, when he can handle the contact of course. He's not a bad player, his defence can be ordinary, but then so can Martys, that effort on Sing was something drew would be proud of.

woodgers

Bench
You can hate the fact but is there a need for such insults? Opinions can be shared, but there is no need to insult those who think differently.
Such insults? If Nancy's is the worst insult or even close to the worst insult on the forum then some of us need thicker skins. I was simply trying to get the point across that it annoys me that the same rubbish line is spat out no matter what he does on the pitch. We sound like a bunch of preachy school kids, it's embarassing. Then again, maybe some of us are preachy school kids.

greeneyed

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Give Drew break
next week Woolford will be back and drew should be playing a position i think he provides more in, a uttility.
we were extremly luck last night, but lets not make a scape goat. why is when we play poorly its drews fault? The bloke cant win, he goes good in attack and gets pounded for his defence, now he defends quite well and his attack is hammered
He is obviously still feeling the effects of his ribs in which case he should get it right and return and last night his service was pretty terrible, but we are over looking some of the very good things he did, firstly that feild goal, he made some nice metres unlike schif and several others who went nowhere out of hooker (whats up with him lattly :?: )

The thing to remember is he isnt going to be playing their for a full game, only when woolford is off will he slot in there, and i think that has worked pretty well in previous games, he looks dangerous when he gets in there but after a while he seems lost at hooker...... simple solution dont play him at hooker

Im more alarmed at the fact we had an unusually high error count, thats what killed us, we rely on mistake free footy

DREW BELEIVERS!
(although its getting harder and harder every week)

Raider 69.... are you still getting over the effects of last night? I have no idea what this post is about... :lol: :lol:

paulquinn49

Bench
69's post was

* Drew isnt a 80 minute footballer
* Better used off the bench
* The whole team screwed it up, not Drew
* Always copping crap from us raiders fans

I agree with it all and believe in Drew 100%

twistedbydesign

Juniors
i must say i find the attitude towards brad drew from all raiders fans pretty confusing, it seems everyone decides whether or not they like him and then back him or bag him irrespective of what he does on the field.

thats not to say that anyones opinion is invalid, i just think he should be judged as every other player in the team is. for example some people are bagging him for the drop goal he kicked?! no matter what else he did for the rest of the 80 minutes that was still a huge play. its not like marty got criticised for his match winner against the dragon which came in the context of a pretty average game also.

on his performance last night two things.

1- realistically woolford will always play number 9 so in terms of his long term place in the team this only a partial guide.
2- not too many of the other 16 players we had out there can say they played a whole lot better.

greeneyed

First Grade
Not everyone. I have been fairly critical of Drew from time to time. But I have given him heaps of credit for his towering drop goal last night. And while he wasn't amazing last night in general play, I have said we have to recognise he is playing injured. You don't get over the sternum injury easily, and he was restricted (I believe deliberately by the coach) in what he did last night.

Paullyboy

Coach
Has anyone else had to resort to blocking Sydraider? I dont care for the ridiculous outbursts or the capitals.

thickos

First Grade
Drew is a great player. I just don't think we've found the best way to play him yet, in terms of when he comes in, who replaces, the rotation amongst the halves....its a complicated puzzle but hey, he bagged us 2 points last night....STOP COMPLAINING! WOULD YOU HAVE RATHER LOST?????

bucko

Juniors
Geez, after reading all of this, all I can say is I hope we never play like that ever again. It's caused enough disharmony amongst the fans in here, which is ridiculous. I can understand Sydraider's caps lock too, I mean I'm still pretty pissed off with our performance last night, wasn't the best 80 minutes of my life...We may as well just put the game behind us, only a handful of our boys were on their game, and we were damn lucky to get away with the win. So we got the 2 points that we wanted, let's just look at picking up 2 more against the eels.

As for Brad Drew, I prefer him running off the bench for us, but he was our most logical option last night after he declared himself fit, and he just had a very bad night. This week we should be back to Woolford, Marty and Campo, which is our best combination IMO at this present moment. So BRING ON THE EELS!!!

jed

First Grade
In other amazing news, Drew was given 2 points in the Dally M's by Paul Green.

Now I admit that I hold Paul Green in the same regard as Brett Finch, but can someone seriously tell me that this munchkin has the credentials to vote?