What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drive - ins

IanG

Coach
Going to try the cinema under the stars tonight. Having a screening of Shrek Forever After at King Edward Park tonight. Whilst I'll probably prefer the Drive In when its all said and done, but I shouldn't knock it until I try it.

Plus its free too. Just been a nightmare getting a parking spot.

IanG

Coach
No way is it coming to an end...it is a bonanza

Your not wrong roboshark. I'm posting this up at Heddon Greta and it is packed. There was a line up to get in nearly 300 back down the main road. Plus about another 100 behind me. In fact I couldn't pick up the radio frequency they use for the sound. They ended up opening the gates 5 minutes before they were due to be open.

Tonight they're showing Yogi Bear and The Green Hornett

roboshark

Coach
Wow. I haven't been for quite awhile. Nothing really has taken my fancy. Hope they get sonme good movies soon as I am keen to get back there

IanG

Coach
I agree mate. Something I should add to what happened there last time I was there. Not only what I posted but the movies were due to start at 8:30pm well it was nearly quarter to 9 before they started. They made an announcement saying they were waiting for everybody to come in before starting the movie.

As far as I'm concerned I was happy for that to happen. I say "Let 'em in!" if it means they're making money and the Drive In stays operating I'm all for it.

andrew057

First Grade
The misso dragged me along to Heddon Greta Drive In last night.

I've never been to a drive in before, thought it was great.

The food was devent enough, but what was really great was the price, some things in the shop were half the price you'd pay at the Cinemas.

Its a perfect night for the family, couldnt recommend it anymore.

Will be going back in the near future.

IanG

Coach
The misso dragged me along to Heddon Greta Drive In last night.

I've never been to a drive in before, thought it was great.

The food was devent enough, but what was really great was the price, some things in the shop were half the price you'd pay at the Cinemas.

Its a perfect night for the family, couldnt recommend it anymore.

Will be going back in the near future.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself Andrew.

For nibbles they charge about the same as the Independent Cinemas Charge

Admission is reasonable too.

In fact I went to Greater Union at Glendale on Thurday Night and the ticket cost me $16
For 1 movie at Heddon Greta it costs $25 and you get up to 8 people in a car. You do the maths

Bulldog Force

Referee
For some unknown reason, something is BEGGING me to display the following picture in this thread lol...

MyAss.gif

roboshark

Coach
Good as usual...packed as I said

Saw gmomeo and juliet, as well as hop

I must admit I laughed at hop...missed the 3rd movie..Rio

IanG

Coach
Went there tonight.
Had on:

Hoodwinked Too!
X-Men First Class
Hangover Part 2

Wont be going again if it even looks like raining though. Had to put the wipers on several times. Went with a couple of friends

They also changed their playlist of music they have on before the first movie starts. Also had on a different intermission short between the 1st and 2nd Movies. The Pumpkin Soup was a welcome warmer too

andrew057

First Grade
I was tossing up whether to go last night or tonight. At this stage were going tonight, fingers crosed the rain has gone for a while. Were there many there last night?

Last edited: