What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Drugs, sex, domestic violence: football's dark cover up

gregstar

Referee
I believe Burgess.

I think the wife needs more scrutiny.

Like many women, she could be lying to hurt rugby league.

This sport needs women like a hole in the head.

nick87

Coach
This isn't just some crappy tabloid piece of shit, it's a very thoroughly researched piece of investigative journalism, the likes of which I haven't seen, in Rugby League, since the Dog's Liverpool/Cap Scandal stuff.

The is named sources, and clear evidence (receipts, doctor's scripts etc.)

It looks bad for the individual involved, possibly career ending, whom I suspect does actually have some mental health issues (not made up like some others). It looks bad for the club admin involved and especially bad for the club doctor.

Hah yeah the idea that this should be treated the same as some blurb in a rumours column doesnt wash with me.
The level of reporting that has gone into this is substantial and they'd have to be INCREDIBLE confident in their sourcing otherwise given the allegations made, they're looking a many, many million dollar settlement

Generalzod

Immortal
If he didn't have a British passport and played for Cronulla, I'm sure your "interesting" observations would have a different angle. That is, the RL journos wouldnt be questioned.
You, RL journos and Gus Gould have a lot in common. Agendas .
Correctamoundo

franklin2323

Immortal
Hah yeah the idea that this should be treated the same as some blurb in a rumours column doesnt wash with me.
The level of reporting that has gone into this is substantial and they'd have to be INCREDIBLE confident in their sourcing otherwise given the allegations made, they're looking a many, many million dollar settlement

The same thing was said about Josh Reynolds

nick87

Coach
The same thing was said about Josh Reynolds
If you cant see the difference between the level of reporting involved in each instance, then i cant help you.

Which is not to say we should hang Sam Burgess, there is ongoing court proceedings and we can just wait and see what comes of it. No presumption here of guilt or innocence. Im speaking strictly to the level of detail in the reporting.

franklin2323

Immortal
If you cant see the difference between the level of reporting involved in each instance, then i cant help you.

So which one was balanced? Both are one sided not verified..

If true though no excuse and should cop the biggest punishment possible

Generalzod

Immortal
Cover ups, fake names, f**k this makes the jfk conspiracy look mediocre lol

Last edited:

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Sam Burgess stands down from Fox League and South Sydney

• October 2, 2020 2:30pm
  • by FOX LEAGUE
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Sam Burgess today stood down from his roles at Fox League and the South Sydney Rabbitohs to address explosive allegations published by The Australian newspaper.

Burgess, who has been in the Souths bubble for three months, confirmed he would not continue his guest commentary position at Fox League amid serious allegations of domestic violence and drug use.

“I have today stood down from all work commitments,” Burgess said.

Burgess has also stood down from his role as development coach at the Rabbitohs.

The NRL on Friday announced it would investigate allegations made against Burgess and the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Burgess’ lawyer Mark O’Brien last night issued a stern rebuttal of claims in the newspaper directed at his client.

“The allegations are false and constitute an indefensible defamation against my client,” Mr O’Brien told the newspaper.

“It is apparent sources of the false allegations are those currently in dispute with my client over various issues.”

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys responded to the allegations on Friday morning.

“We’ll investigate them (claims), no doubt about that,’’ V’landys told 2GB on Friday.

“But I stress, all parties including the South Sydney club, Sam Burgess deserve due process and natural justice.

“Once we have all the information we’ll make the appropriate decisions. “It would be totally inappropriate for me to comment on this particular case, I don’t have sufficient facts.

“And like anyone else in the community you have to provide due process and natural justice and Sam should be afforded that.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/94636af17521063ed38c63ea21f61335

Latest posts