What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dt: Hagan To Axe Stars

benoir91

Juniors
PARRAMATTA coach Michael Hagan will wield the axe in the wake of a third straight loss as his side's season threatens to slip away.
Touted as top-four material at the start of the season, the misfiring Eels are the biggest disappointment of 2008.
After slumping to their 10th loss of the year on Friday night against a Manly side missing Matt Orford and with Jamie Lyon and Jason King injured early in the match, Parramatta will have to win five of their last seven games just to make the finals.
The Parramatta players were at a recovery session at Stanhope Aquatic Centre at Blacktown yesterday trying to come to terms with another insipid performance that featured flimsy goal-line defence, one-dimensional forward play and a lack of discipline.
Reluctant to publicly crucify his team, Hagan has shown faith in his top 25 playing roster. Until now.
Related Links

He refused to confirm he would dump several under-performing players for next Friday's match against North Queensland, but The Sunday Telegraph understands Hagan has lost patience with his side.
Centre Joel Reddy is the man most likely to follow fullback Luke Burt, who was dumped leading into the Manly loss.
Reddy came up with a critical blunder two minutes before halftime when he coughed up possession in Parramatta's 20m zone and watched team-mate Taulima Tautai get bundled into touch.
From the scrum, Manly winger David Williams touched down in the right corner to send the Sea Eagles to a 10-6 lead.
"I was really disappointed with the try we conceded before halftime,'' Hagan said.
"That was critical and a bit soft with two minutes on the clock to turn the ball over against a quality team like Manly.
"You come (to Brookvale) knowing you can't give them free shots at you and we did that on halftime.
"We were entitled to have done better and certainly the game was there to be won if our goal-line defence and execution had been as good as it could have been.
"I thought without Orford and when Lyon went off we were a genuine hope. In terms of showing a bit of resilience to a couple of sets of six or a penalty against you, that's something we've got to improve on.''
Other Parramatta players under review include NSW Origin flyer Jarryd Hayne, who was switched to fullback against Manly, and bench back-rower Todd Lowrie.
The Eels led 6-0 early and clearly held the upper hand after Manly lost playmaker Lyon with medial ligament damage to his knee.
But when it came time to consolidate in preparation for a decisive blow, the blue and gold outfit were left with few answers.
Manly hooker Matt Ballin's opening try to level the scores at 6-6 echoed the theme of Parramatta's poor season.
Dejected Eels captain Nathan Cayless had few answers to why the Eels' goal-line defence has become so fragile, while Hagan conceded Parramatta needed an attitude adjustment towards defending their own line.
"We've come up with two soft tries on our own line and lost by 18 points,'' Hagan said.
"It's an attitude to stopping the opposition on our line.''

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24045411-5006066,00.html

Y2Eel

First Grade
So thats why we lost it was Reddy!!

The Moron doesnt think our forwars are soft at all does he?

bartman

Immortal
Looked promising reading until...

Centre Joel Reddy is the man most likely to follow fullback Luke Burt, who was dumped leading into the Manly loss.
Whay does he only drop the backs, when it's the consistency of the platform up and down the field that has been so lacking? :crazy:
Other Parramatta players under review include NSW Origin flyer Jarryd Hayne, who was switched to fullback against Manly, and bench back-rower Todd Lowrie.
Hayne getting reviewed will not make his pilgrims happy ;-). And wow, Lowrie's getting reviewed - he's hardly been a big part of the team anyway to be honest,and it's probably a given he'll be dropped for Feleti to come back. Matter of fact, if Ben Smith is fit to return to the side, then he has to make room for him in the centres, so even dumping Reddy is just his instant easy option, and shows no level of analysis or ideas for changing the team's approach to games. How about he reviews Weller instead, who has been consistently worse, and bring up some other guys from Wenty or U20s in the pack?

Unfortunately, after a promising headline, looks like Hagan is just paying lip service :(. There's no new ideas here, no positive energy. Just empty knee-jerk reactions to tries scored.

Last edited:

benoir91

Juniors
If he does axe Reddy that leaves us at

Hayne
Burt/Tautai
Smith
Inu
Grothe/Williams
Mateo
Finch
Cayless
Riddell
Moimoi
Hindmarsh
Wagon
Robinson

Keating
Hauraki
Oake
Cordoba

as the most likely team he will name on tuesday

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
Reddy is sh*t! the fact he's done well to score a few trys masks serious defeiciencies in his game. How often does he make cruicial blunders in our own half. & his one on one defence is horendous. He is a fullback / winger (at best) playing in the centres.

Tautai, Wagon, Lowrie, Oak and Weller should all be gone as well. Weller has a tonne of talent but shocking discipline and poor commitment to D. We should promote Zeb Taia....oh wait

girvie

Staff member
It'll be a good NSW Cup game next Saturday at North Sydney Oval.

Vagana, Kidwell, Widders, Smith vs. Grothe, Burt and any other axed stars.

Top of the table clash as well.

benoir91

Juniors
LOL, if i had to choose three to drop not including reddy or lowrie id pick

tautai (grothe deserves another shot)
finch (give him a week off to see how maloney goes)
cayless (give him a week off)

bartman

Immortal
If this pack was picked and played to it's potential that we know they have and they showed last year, we'd be world beaters.

8. Cayless
9. Riddell/Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindy
12. Robinson
13. Mateo
14. Keating/Riddell
15. Cordoba
16. Wagon
17. who cares

Since they are not playing to their potential except Hindy and Fuifui, then lets swap, drop and rotate these guys and give some of the Wenty or U20 guys a chance. If the argument carried for Burt amongst a lot of people here, then why do we carry a pack of forwards of whom most have had maybe three or four decent/dominant games each this year?

benoir91

Juniors
If this pack was picked and played to it's potential that we know they have and they showed last year, we'd be world beaters.

8. Cayless
9. Riddell/Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindy
12. Robinson
13. Mateo
14. Keating/Riddell
15. Cordoba
16. Wagon
17. who cares

Since they are not playing to their potential except Hindy and Fuifui, then lets swap, drop and rotate these guys and give some of the Wenty or U20 guys a chance. If the argument carried for Burt amongst a lot of people here, then why do we carry a pack of forwards of whom most have had maybe three or four decent/dominant games each this year?

mateo to 13 is a step hagan MUST take

bartman

Immortal
Now's the ideal time to take it. Feleti has had the week off through injury, and KKeating has been drafted into the 17. Even if he picks Riddell to again start at 6 :? then Mateo should still get to start to play in the back row now.

benoir91

Juniors
Now's the ideal time to take it. Feleti has had the week off through injury, and KKeating has been drafted into the 17. Even if he picks Riddell to again start at 6 :? then Mateo should still get to start to play in the back row now.

i thought riddell played alright at 6 tbh, but i would like to see kk get 80 minutes,

Ron Jeremy

Coach
LOL at dropping Hayne, he was our best against Manly.

The problem is our forwards, dropping backs wont solve anything

FMD, Ron, Hayne was nowhere near our best.

Our best on the park was Fui, without a doubt. Hell, even Wags played better than Hayne.

Take the picture of Hayne down from the back of your toilet door and wake up to yourself.

Hayne needs to go, along with Tautai and Williams from the backline.

We need to promote some props onto the bench, push Mateo into 13 and drop Wags and Robbo back to the bench, cutting Oake and Hauraki altogether.

benoir91

Juniors

Our best on the park was Fui, without a doubt. Hell, even Wags played better than Hayne.

Take the picture of Hayne down from the back of your toilet door and wake up to yourself.

We need to promote some props onto the bench, push Mateo into 13 and drop Wags and Robbo back to the bench, cutting Oake and Hauraki altogether.

i think hayne played very well, he doesnt deserve to be dropped on his performance but maybe on attitude

benoir91

Juniors
i do agree with your points on tautai and williams as wll as droping wags and robbo to the bench

Ron Jeremy

Coach

:lol: he was easily one of our best HJ and will only get better with more playing time in that particular position.

I'll agree that fui was awesome as usual. Why in the world would we let this bloke go and keep a drongo like Cayle$$, the guy is without doubt the most over-rated prop i've ever seen. I would go one step further and say that i'd rather a Paul Dunn 93 version to he.

benoir91

Juniors
:lol: he was easily one of our best HJ and will only get better with more playing time in that particular position.

I'll agree that fui was awesome as usual. Why in the world would we let this bloke go and keep a drongo like Cayle$$, the guy is without doubt the most over-rated prop i've ever seen. I would go one step further and say that i'd rather a Paul Dunn 93 version to he.

fui is staaying rj, cayless will retire in 2-3 not to worry