What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dt: Hagan To Axe Stars

Parra Guru

Coach
I actually think we have twins playing in the second row at the moment. That's not to say Wagons playing great, or Hindy's playing sh*t, but because of all the workload they're both taking, Wagon actually showed Hindy up in attack on Friday night.

Now why the hell isn't anyone else taking the work rate? We know that's when Hindy is at his best, and he showed glimpses against Souths. But when Wagon is taking more on in attack than Hindy, you know there's problems.

fish eel

Immortal
Hindy was our only forward who clocked over 100 metres, and he did it easily whilst also making 40 tackles. He wasnt shown up in any aspect of the game by Daniel Wagon.

The Colonel

Immortal
Did Tony Williams actually play defensively on Friday night?

1 tackle, 3 missed and two of them lead directly to tries for David Williams. The disappointing thing was he hardly touched him. Can run the ball but doesn't dominate defensively.

Williams, Tautai need to be taken off the wing - swap Reddy and Tautai if we must or promote Grehan or Wright into the backline.

Forwards - Weller has to go. Has played horribly.

Hayne - he played well in attack. Wasn't very impressed with some of his kick returns though. They were very Burty like. Good to see him involved but that has to increase again this week as well.

forward pass

Coach
Did Tony Williams actually play defensively on Friday night?

1 tackle, 3 missed and two of them lead directly to tries for David Williams. The disappointing thing was he hardly touched him. Can run the ball but doesn't dominate defensively.

Watching Tony Williams the other night - I thought maybe he had joined Manly already.

forward pass

Coach
This would be my side for next week

1 Hayne
2 Grothe
3 Wagon
4 Smith
5 Inu
6 Finch
7 Keating
13 Mateo
12 Ridell
11 Hindy
10 Cayless
9 Keating
8 Moi Moi

Reserves
Oake
Mannah
Robinson
Cordoba (If available)

Before you laugh at Wags in the centres, he will at least tighten up our defence out wide. He is going to be picked no matter what, so why not put him where he may actually have an impact and bring in a more creative forward. This would be stop gap measure only until a few of our guys re-gather their form.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wagon actually showed Hindy up in attack on Friday night.

But when Wagon is taking more on in attack than Hindy, you know there's problems.

You are correct in that the Manly game was Wagons best attacking game of the season.

He ran the ball up 11 times for 79 metres - and even broke 2 tackles :shock:

But to say he showed up Hindmarsh shows just how much some people take the guy for granted.

Hindmarsh ran the ball 14 times for 123m (our leading forward, the only one over 100m). He broke 4 tackles (again, our leading forward); he offloaded twice; and he put on a line break assist for Williams (or it might have been Inu?) on the grandstand side of the field.

IF Wagon was taking on more attack than Hindy, there would be problems... but he isn't....

If Wagon runs the ball 11 times again this season I'll be shocked! I hope he keeps it up, because if he does, it's worth keeping him around on the bench when Mateo returns.

The 'twins' are Wagon and Lowrie - both undersized tackling machines who don't run the ball and don't bring any particular 'sting' to the defensive line.
You simply cannot play both of them in the team...

This would be my side for next week

1 Hayne
2 Grothe
3 Wagon
4 Smith
5 Inu
6 Finch
7 Keating
13 Mateo
12 Ridell
11 Hindy
10 Cayless
9 Keating
8 Moi Moi

Reserves
Oake
Mannah
Robinson
Cordoba (If available)

Before you laugh at Wags in the centres, he will at least tighten up our defence out wide. He is going to be picked no matter what, so why not put him where he may actually have an impact and bring in a more creative forward. This would be stop gap measure only until a few of our guys re-gather their form.

They would run around Wagon like he's not even there. I would put Tautai 3/4 and Grothe back into 1st grade for some redemption.

As for the forwards we either need massive changes or a massive amount of heart transplants.

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Hayne
2. Hauraki, I
3. Grehan
4. Inu
5. Reddy
6. Keating, K
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Keating, M
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Oake
13. Robinson

14. Riddell
15. Wright, B
16. Wagon
17. Take your pick - whoever is fit.

forward pass

Coach
They would run around Wagon like he's not even there.
As opposed to what is happening now ????
I would put Tautai 3/4 and Grothe back into 1st grade for some redemption.

Tautai hasn't even mastered the art of playing the ball - until then - he should learn his trade in the under 20's. Seriously, how many times can one player f**k up a play the ball.

1. Hayne
2. Hauraki, I
3. Grehan
4. Inu
5. Reddy
6. Keating, K
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Keating, M
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Oake
13. Robinson

14. Riddell
15. Wright, B
16. Wagon

Isn't B Wright in the Robinson,Wagon,Oake mould where he is easily dominated and not overly big? I haven't really seen him play except for one Wenty game. He didn't look big for a front rower??

As opposed to what is happening now ????

Tautai hasn't even mastered the art of playing the ball - until then - he should learn his trade in the under 20's. Seriously, how many times can one player f**k up a play the ball.

Yeah true, He does drop the ball at crucial times. I think he will get better with time. He's just looking to play the ball quickly. TBH Watmoughs leg kind of hit the ball out of his hands but no excuses he should have better ball security than that.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Yeah true, He does drop the ball at crucial times. I think he will get better with time. He's just looking to play the ball quickly. TBH Watmoughs leg kind of hit the ball out of his hands but no excuses he should have better ball security than that.

He seems to have one in him every single game and its usually comming off our own line. Needs more respect for the ball.

The Colonel

Immortal
Isn't B Wright in the Robinson,Wagon,Oake mould where he is easily dominated and not overly big? I haven't really seen him play except for one Wenty game. He didn't look big for a front rower??

At this stage he is under contract and playing reasonably well from all reports. Has been one of Wenty's best players. May be undersized but at this stage the options at prop aren't really there and the fact he is under contract may mean we have to rely on him next year. This year is pretty much a write off. Only the blindly optimistic can still see a chance. Steps need to be put in place to help some of these kids make the transition for next year.

Tim Mannah has only just come back from eight weeks out - rushing him into first grade could hamper his development. John Mannah might be an option as well. Latimore probably deserves as decent a shot as what Wright does.

Something needs to change somewhere.

Jodeci

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Hauraki, I
3. Grehan
4. Inu
5. Reddy
6. Keating, K
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Keating, M
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Oake
13. Robinson

14. Riddell
15. Wright, B
16. Wagon

Iwi is too short and will be out jumped because the game these days is get in the opposition 20 and kick for the wingers.

He had a good game yesterday though in NRL he will struggle

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Yeh i cant see the harm in giving some new blokes ago. It may lift the whole team as the new guys have something to prove and the "shoe ins" suddenly are under threat.

Atm id rather a player with less talent playing with 100% heart and commitment then a player with all the potential in the world but playing like they dont care.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think Iwi will more than hold his own, he was absolutely outstanding yesterday and backed himself defensively and came off trumps on more than one occasion.

he's not the most fasionable winger going around but surprisingly he's very awkard to stop and always plays above his weight.

I can't see any problem with giving him a shot at the big time.