What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dt: Hagan To Axe Stars

bartman

Immortal
i read on nrl.com a few weeks ago
that this year we concede 3 times as many offloads as 2007, we miss twice as many tackles, and we have gone from being 1st on effective tackles percentage to near the bottom

clearly the forwards fault, yet the backs face the axe
Wow, and the only personnel change in the forwards has been Ian Hindmarsh, who should be ably covered by the likes of Wagon and Robinson...

So of course it's the backs' fault :lol: Geez, harden up forwards, get in and do the extra work closing down the tackles, and not leave it all to Hindy!

Fathead

Bench
The worst defender on our line and in the middle has been Weller. He has been the biggest disappointment this year.
BTW I thought Hayne was great against the Sea Eagles, he directky saved two tries (Bell and Hall) and was really involved.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can't believe how far under the radar Weller in terms of comments and opions in here whilst blokes like Lowrie are publically bagged each and every week.

Lowrie has outshone Weller 2 weeks in a row but we'll hardly read about it here.

fish eel

Immortal
I can't believe how far under the radar Weller in terms of comments and opions in here whilst blokes like Lowrie are publically bagged each and every week.

Lowrie has outshone Weller 2 weeks in a row but we'll hardly read about it here.

Exactly.

I mage the point, that the try Manly scored from dummy half, their hooker in the first half, one of the guys he pushed through at the line was Wellar. Two tackles prior, there was an arm grab by Wellar, which stopped nobody, and lead directly to the good field position Manly got into resulting in that try.

bartman

Immortal
And yet it's Reddy being talked about to get dropped, because of the other try? It makes no sense...

fish eel

Immortal
And yet it's Reddy being talked about to get dropped, because of the other try? It makes no sense...

Bizarre, isnt it?

They run through Wellar like a turnstyle, then push over when he was the marker...and Reddy is in the firing line?

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I know the article doesn't actually say it, but if Hagan wants to axe a star, Cayless should be the first to go.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
well reddy got pushed over for a try too - and gave them the ball for another - but I would have thought that joel's good performances this year would have worked up enough brownie points to survive under Hagans 1,000 strikes and you're out policy

but yeah I have been very disappointed with weller .... tbh I think he's only played maybe 2 or 3 good games this yr - most have been ineffective

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I still can't believe Reddy has kept his spot in the centres. While his attack is good his defence is ordinary. And TT has looked his best in the centres :? Oake and Weller who both have been resigned ahead of T Willams have shown absolutley nothing this season.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Cayless, Weller should be the first dropped before anyone else, however forwards seem to be exempt and commonsense will tell you backs can only do little if your forwards are making little ground.

butch82

Juniors
id say would say the following players/personell should be dropped/relegated/sacked to bench or out of the club.

1.wagon ( wenty for u matey)
2.fitzy
3.whole parra board.start from scratch
4.hagan
5 cayless ( bench)
6.lowrie ( french rugby union )
7.weller ( wenty)

if we start from scratch we can have a new out look of things.maybe attract new sponsors new players,better player retention.
and have a better run club.

benoir91

Juniors
id say would say the following players/personell should be dropped/relegated/sacked to bench or out of the club.

1.wagon ( wenty for u matey)
2.fitzy
3.whole parra board.start from scratch
4.hagan
5 cayless ( bench)
6.lowrie ( french rugby union )
7.weller ( wenty)

if we start from scratch we can have a new out look of things.maybe attract new sponsors new players,better player retention.
and have a better run club.

hagan should be no.1