What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Tim Smith leaves dark place for comeback

IFR33K

Coach
no offence Timmy but I hope you stay with another club.

X2

Think about it guys. His career, if it were resurrected with the eels, it would be severly scrutinized, by the media, for what ever reason.

If he has a blinder, there would be comparisions to Sterlo.

If he was out of form, it would be a dub buy.

If he slip up off field, the media would rip into him like a pack of dogs.

Better if TS played outside of Sydney. Micheal Crocker deal well by going to Melb, and being out of the limelight in Sydney.

for 50k sign him up and play him for wenty and see how he goes, would be a good back up or if he has come good, put him in 1st grade, with the team going like it is and tahu back next year, could be devastating. but couldnt hurt having him at wenty.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the most important thing about the article is that he appears to be in a good place atm and he's getting on with his life the best way he can, for 50K he'd be an ok buy and I'd be open minded if he wasn't costing us a position that we seriously need depth in and that's backrow.

anyone who thinks that we'll get as much out of him as we did with Robo for the same price or less is seriously dillusional, Robo is a better option but a bigger contract beckons for him in the UK and well deserved also.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Welcome home Tim!!

I can see some of the Parra Police on here not being to happy but just remember.... In DA we trust.

as that the same police who constantly back out Lowrie, Caylo, Burt, Robo and Ben Smith?...if so than sheriff grapeape has given his approval...phew! thanks god for that. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
for 50k sign him up and play him for wenty and see how he goes, would be a good back up or if he has come good, put him in 1st grade, with the team going like it is and tahu back next year, could be devastating. but couldnt hurt having him at wenty.

I agree with that

we are talking up Robson as good depth, Tim would go OK for back up

we could do worse

woddy

Juniors
would have him back for 50k but he'll have a lot of work to do before he's back in 1st grade

caylo

Bench
good to see you back pete

you just made me realize why I never missed you

This article was held back until Pete was back, they actually wanted to publish it 2 and a half months ago.

I will tell you who could be worse. Brett Finch (esp on 300K)

yy_cheng

Coach
This article was held back until Pete was back, they actually wanted to publish it 2 and a half months ago.

I will tell you who could be worse. Brett Finch (esp on 300K)

brett finch allowed us to sign SHacks and Poore.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I so happy that Tim's happy. The photo with this story makes him look healthier and happier.

I'll support him whereever he plays :clap:

bartman

Immortal
It's great to read that Tim sounds like he is facing up to the reality of his bi-polar, and that it is something that will be with him for life, and not something that can be run away from again, and again.

Time will tell whether he has turned the corner, and learned how to manage his condition, and behave appropriately for an NRL level player.

I wish him well, and hope that he can gain a roster place somewhere on minimum NRL pay of $55K. Hopefully it won't be with us, because the expectation will be massive and something that - as we have already seen - isn't in Tim's best interests.

EELRAM

Juniors
It's great to read that Tim sounds like he is facing up to the reality of his bi-polar, and that it is something that will be with him for life, and not something that can be run away from again, and again.

Time will tell whether he has turned the corner, and learned how to manage his condition, and behave appropriately for an NRL level player.

I wish him well, and hope that he can gain a roster place somewhere on minimum NRL pay of $55K. Hopefully it won't be with us, because the expectation will be massive and something that - as we have already seen - isn't in Tim's best interests.

Please explain how he didn't / doesn't behave appropriately for an NRL level player.

I am not on the "Tim Smith Crusade" in the slightest. But I don't think what he did, or what he needs to do, has been inappropriate. Especially in light of, what some more "high profile" NRL stars have got up to in recent times.

Latest posts