What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Due back this week

Martli

Coach
Wouldn't you still take Seymour over John anyway?

Honestly, after just 1 game with John i'd have said yes. Now, i'm not so sure. Probably still would take Seymour, but John has been outstanding. Noticed a significant drop in our attack when he went off, his kicking game has been very good too I feel. Tough choice, but i'd say Seymour, just.

Meth

Staff member
Only an Idiot will pick Ropati at centre when he is suspect on D, damn i think you need a new boy toy and I guess you and Ivan can agree on one things aye "Put Ropati in centre" TOOL!!!!

It's not a case of either/or scopey

Lewis Brown is my favorite Warrior- I am not selecting Ropati over Brown.

Meth

Staff member
Honestly, after just 1 game with John i'd have said yes. Now, i'm not so sure. Probably still would take Seymour, but John has been outstanding. Noticed a significant drop in our attack when he went off, his kicking game has been very good too I feel. Tough choice, but i'd say Seymour, just.

Pretty much sums up how I feel as well. John has taken the opportunity Seymour's injury provided him with both hands

Barbanator

Juniors
You'd have to be a brave man to replace John with Seymour the way he's been playing lately, a few questions might be asked if the Warriors performances started to drop off because of it. Although with John getting injured yesterday that might make the decision a lot easier.

Micistm

Bench
I don't think Tate mentioned anything about it on 40/20 last night.

Mind you, it was a train wreck with Halligan at the helm anyway. Price & Tate should have kicked those clowns out and did the show themselves.

Lol, who was wincing in pain during the game when the sound was gone and the lads started doing the commentary? Valiant effort, but as painful as slamming the nads in the fridge door

Anyhoo, hope the majority comes about, as we need some fresh players, there'll be some sore buggers after the tackling effort. Esp hope Seymours back, young Issac sounds he won't be up for it

Micistm

Bench
...Otherwise, I'd be inclined to leave Ropati at fullback at this stage and maybe get Lance back in his bench utility impact role.

Meth

Staff member
You'd have to be a brave man to replace John with Seymour the way he's been playing lately, a few questions might be asked if the Warriors performances started to drop off because of it. Although with John getting injured yesterday that might make the decision a lot easier.

Welcome to the forum

Seymour has been due back imminently for several weeks- what happens is neither Seymour or John are available?

Rich102

Staff member
I would be inclined to reward the team for that increadible effort by naming an unchanged lineup - unless injuries dictate otherwise.
For me Tate can go right now; off to join the losers.
Also I would leave Ropati at fullback, maybe he has found a home.
Brown is a class above at centre and I would leave him there. We are quite well off in the back row - Luck & Mannering are certainties and Ben, Ta,ai and Loosi all deserve more time.

Barbanator

Juniors
Welcome to the forum

Seymour has been due back imminently for several weeks- what happens is neither Seymour or John are available?

Cheers mate.

Sadly we'd probably see Hohaia back in the halves with James Maloney playing halfback (Assuming Hohaia will be back next week :)).

Meth

Staff member
I would be inclined to reward the team for that increadible effort by naming an unchanged lineup - unless injuries dictate otherwise.
For me Tate can go right now; off to join the losers.
Also I would leave Ropati at fullback, maybe he has found a home.
Brown is a class above at centre and I would leave him there. We are quite well off in the back row - Luck & Mannering are certainties and Ben, Ta,ai and Loosi all deserve more time.

There's logic to leaving the team as unchanged as possible, rewarding them for their success.

Bare minimum, I think, if fit, Locke needs to replace Tupou and Rapira replaces Latimore

Meth

Staff member
Cheers mate.

Sadly we'd probably see Hohaia back in the halves with James Maloney playing halfback (Assuming Hohaia will be back next week :)).

If John and Seymour are out, I'd go

1- Ropati
6- Maloney
7- Heremaia
9- Henderson

14- Hohaia

Barbanator

Juniors
There's logic to leaving the team as unchanged as possible, rewarding them for their success.

Bare minimum, I think, if fit, Locke needs to replace Tupou and Rapira replaces Latimore

What is the news on Rapira? I know he's "suppose" to be back this week but have the coaching staff come out and said anything about his progress?

ozbash

Referee

same here, if it aint broke...

Sammy should start on the bench,
Seymour only if John is hurt,
Lance - Vulcans
Jro to fullback and Brown in at centre

Heare ra Taters....