What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Titans

getsmarty

Immortal
By 2022 we will have a new coaching/recrutiment staff and our backline will probably look like this:
1. Ramsey - can also play wing
2. Sailor - can also play fullback
3. Lomax - can also play fullback or wing
4. Feagai - can also play wing
6. Sulivan - can also play halfback
7. Clune - can also play five-eighth

Lots of young talent and speed at an affordable price. Also a variety of players who can play in a variety of backline positions.

Hopefully we can keep them all and get a proper coach................

Dragon David

First Grade
By 2022 we will have a new coaching/recrutiment staff and our backline will probably look like this:
1. Ramsey - can also play wing
2. Sailor - can also play fullback and five-eighth
3. Lomax - can also play fullback or wing
4. Feagai - can also play wing
6. Sulivan - can also play halfback
7. Clune - can also play five-eighth

Notice all local junior talent with speed and with good coaching will hopefully be good defensively. They also should be at an affordable price.

Also a backline full of players who can play in a variety of backline positions.
This squad of players would definitely be good to see on the paddock in a year or two. If we had a decent coach and aides when that time comes, that backline would be unbelievable to say the least. The downside is that overall they are not big and robust at this time so hopefully they will be able to build themselves up before then and they have a chance next year to form combinations in the CC Cup, hopefully to return in 2021.

Dragon for life

Juniors
I predict Saab will play with SGI long term and once the new coach is appointed, Saab will be selected on the right wing. In my opinion Saab will become an origion winger over the next few years.
Sorry not sure on the ins and outs down there as I live in Brissy but just curious why we have signed Saab until 2022 and haven’t used him!! We seem to persist with the 2 plodders that we currently have and haven’t given this guy a decent go at it. I do remember him playing a couple of games last year I think and from memory he didn’t go too bad, didn’t set the world on fire but went ok I thought

The 2 current wingers are not A grade quality and why not give this young fella a go.
I do know the answer but is there something else this kid has done wrong other than not being liked by the coach

redv13

Bench
I predict Saab will play with SGI long term and once the new coach is appointed, Saab will be selected on the right wing. In my opinion Saab will become an origion winger over the next few years.
There’s a touch of mickeylane in this comment. Sorry possm but I disagree

be55

Juniors
I don’t see him as our long term fullback unfortunately. If I was him with the way the rule changes are now I’d try to put on some muss and try to get a role somewhere as a bench hooker, he’s young enough to learn the role, is fairly nuggety and quick off the mark. If there was an injury he could at a pinch play anywhere in the backline imo. Our club would never entertain it but if coached right he could be an outstanding impact player maybe in 2 seasons progress to starting hooker.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry not sure on the ins and outs down there as I live in Brissy but just curious why we have signed Saab until 2022 and haven’t used him!! We seem to persist with the 2 plodders that we currently have and haven’t given this guy a decent go at it. I do remember him playing a couple of games last year I think and from memory he didn’t go too bad, didn’t set the world on fire but went ok I thought

The 2 current wingers are not A grade quality and why not give this young fella a go.
I do know the answer but is there something else this kid has done wrong other than not being liked by the coach
Saab has been injured, as reported, with shoulder and foot problems. It was unfortunate that this was the case as I think McGregor would have used him. The problem now is that McGregor can only judge if he is going better than the other wingers during training as there is no CC Cup.

George Dragon

Juniors
Saab has been injured, as reported, with shoulder and foot problems. It was unfortunate that this was the case as I think McGregor would have used him. The problem now is that McGregor can only judge if he is going better than the other wingers during training as there is no CC Cup.
Saab recovered from those injuries and scored a 60m try in the round one CC game.

Gareth67

First Grade
As already said by our brethren , should he go ( and really who can blame him ? ) the chances are very high indeed that he will cut our defense to pieces like a knife through butter .

But you know what , under a decent coach his obvious faults may be corrected ?

All Hail Mary ! All hail the Joint Venture board ! You gentlemen have done a magnificent job of totally dismantling our junior pathway system.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I think we might end up regretting Dufty going, but I hope he does. Mary doesn’t rate him, nor do many on this forum. I hope he gets the chance to work under another coach and then we will see if he deserved to be rotten off.

TruSaint

Referee
If he goes good luck to him.

I actually hope a few more go as well. We are already at rock bottom, and a total clean out is needed. 2020 is a spoon challenge, as will be 2021.

Players will be attracted to the Club if they see real and tangible leadership. There are plenty of up and coming kids out there. Experienced players come of contract and break them at will The squad needs a re-build.

The board needs to act now. Not " if we lose the next few games ", and by act I mean payout the coach. In addition, they need to spell out a blueprint going forward.

No more " DNA" jardon, and " culture " crap. A rock solid detailed commitment that the issue is there and will be addressed. Take a loss for 2 seasons if need be. Give us a 2, 5 and 10 year plan. Tell us what the Club intends to do financially, its limitations, its goals.

Last edited: