What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty v Sloan

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I’m on team Duff, pure speed.
Sloan can look slick in patches but Duff running in broken field was magic.
Shame he didn’t like tackling or catching high balls.
I've watched a few Warrington Wolves games, he looks more solid in body shape, still has pure speed and footwork, is much better at catching high balls, his defence has improved slightly but it's the ESL and still not up to NRL standard at this stage for a fullback.

An interesting ploy from S Burgess, where he has Duff take a run on the 5th play and stays put for the kick on the sixth for most attacking sets midfield. The rest of the team chases the kick and he stays back in defence where he was tackled on the 5th.

Last edited:

hook hook

Juniors
I've watched a few Warrington Wolves games, he looks more solid in body shape, still has pure speed and footwork, is much better at catching high balls, his defence has improved slightly but it's the ESL and still not up to NRL standard at this stage for a fullback.

An interesting ploy from S Burgess, where he has Duff take a run on the 5th play and stays put for the kick on the sixth for most attacking sets midfield. The rest of the team chases the kick and he stays back in defence where he was tackled on the 5th.
This is very common in the nrl too. Turbo, Teddy and Edwards almost exclusively take the 5th tackle in their own half

rasaint

Juniors
I am a Duffy man. Yes had issues but I always felt these were overstated by detractors. He was a guy who brought you out to games to watch live. His try against roosters 2019 ( I think) Anzac game by busting two forward tackles, jumping Teddy tackle, swerving toward Cronk then away and then splitting Cronk and Latrell with sheer speed wow was sublime. High end speed and individual trys very few players could score.
Hoping the best for young Sloan. Still question Sloan at $500k, but I’m sure others would disagree.