What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty v Sloan

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Sloan 2 more years wow who signed off on his contract extension at the club .
Dumb and dumber combo he needs to take up a no contract sport .

With bulking up comes confidence. With confidence comes better performance in both attack and defence. Once this confidence is unlocked in Sloan we will all be so glad that Flanno stuck with Sloan
A contrast of views. What a dumb comment about no contact. He copped a flogging last night and was folded a couple of times and still kept coming back for more.

Maestro, I totally agree.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think if Dufty played last night (Broncos v Dragons Rd 19, 2024) and copped as much traffic as Sloan, Saints would have got flogged. Sloan let in a few tries close to the line with bad defence but Dufty would have done the same or not been in that position to defend. There was some pressure applied with some kicks which I think Sloan took comfortably.

I have seen Sloan make more tackles this season than Dufty did in his few season at fullback. That is the big difference to me.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
I think if Dufty played last night (Broncos v Dragons Rd 19, 2024) and copped as much traffic as Sloan, Saints would have got flogged. Sloan let in a few tries close to the line with bad defence but Dufty would have done the same or not been in that position to defend. There was some pressure applied with some kicks which I think Sloan took comfortably.

I have seen Sloan make more tackles this season than Dufty did in his few season at fullback. That is the big difference to me.
If Dufty let in 4 tries everyone would be calling for his head and this bloke we got there now does it pretty much most weeks and nothing…. Crickets!!! Add on Dufty set up a lot more tries .
this club will not compete in finals with Sloan

Lennyb

Juniors
He is one bad head knock away from going back 12 months in development.

But, I hope Flanno persists as putting a new fullback in before Penrith and Storm games is a big call and not really fair for the replacement.

Or it could be master stroke.

Lennyb

Juniors
If Dufty let in 4 tries everyone would be calling for his head and this bloke we got there now does it pretty much most weeks and nothing…. Crickets!!! Add on Dufty set up a lot more tries .
this club will not compete in finals with Sloan
Bit harsh. I reckon it was 3.

denis preston

First Grade
Im over the Sloane experiment , he coudlnt tackle to save his own life .
Mathew Fegai played full back in reserves and was killing it .
Mathew has earned his chance, give him a go
Max had his best game last night and shame he fumbled the ball.
he looks so solid and making breaks.
Absolutely no offence VS but…. Have you seen any of these Matt’s games at 1 ? You lost me at Max, he also had 3 opportunities in relative space but was very very quickly gobbled up. My humble opinion is that the club is right in backing Sloan for the long term. if his potential doesn’t transform into an no elite player so be it but we need to take the journey as it has plenTy of upside.

Gardenia

Bench
I absolutely loved Dufty as a player - defense issues and all. He was truly electric to watch in full flight and I loved his footwork.
Sloan and Dufty are very different styles of players.
Sloan tries his heart out and he's such a good kid - it's not fair to compare him to Duff man my favourite player.
I could still watch his highlights reel and not be bored - pure magic to watch.
I am always going to say Dufty over just about anyone.
I was devastated when he left. We got over 11 thousand signatures to keep him but they still let him go. We didn't exactly takeoff up the ladder after he went - more like down a dark hole.

Last edited:

Latest posts