What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty v Sloan

Captn

Juniors
Sloan at least competes for a bomb. Unlike Dufty. He might have a few arm grabs but he does at least try to tackle instead of look for the intercept. His on line defence is suspect and defiantly needs more work, dufty was a bit more nuggety and closer to the ground with a few more seasons of weights and wrestling under his belt. Unfortunately Sloan’s attack has faltered in open play, but I think overal he is a much better proposition now then last year and at this stage of his career is better then duff man. If Sloan was in another system and available for 25, punters on here would be frothing.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
People either recognise the progress he is making or not, however the coach obviously sees something special. I would much prefer him to the wiz kid at the broncs who is also special but has plenty of work, but also has plenty of mistakes in his game.
At least K F is playng smart in that he is choosing to pass to him in the sweep plays which got 2 tries on the weekend but also using his as the decoy and cutting him out as he attracts the defenders for other tries.

TheRev

First Grade
its not really that.. I think even his biggest critics see Tyrell's progression.. and if he was 19yrs old and 10 games in.. 1000% understandable... but hes 3yrs in, with over 50 games, he might only be 22yrs old, but thats quite a career already. And ofcourse its not his fault he gets selected..... he probably should have had those 3yrs in NSW Cup first.

But the reason I also try to acknowledge the good stuff.. and the coach does also... is there is literally nobody else in our system that can play fullback better at 1st grade standard.. so either Sloan succeeds or we all fail. It will be very different if we get Talagi into our system however.. then there is an alternative path... and we havent had a tackle-breaker from fullback for a very long time.

rasaint

Juniors
This is one of those questions which polarise fans.

All I will say is that Matt Dufty scored trys that very few players ( if any) could score. This includes his 2019 Anzac Day pearler where he broke through the roosters forward pack with power 60 metres out, came to Teddy and hurdled his attempted tackle, accelerated on a swerving run in and out between Cooper Cronk and Latrell Mitchell with high end to score at the Randwick end. Yes I do believe that was the best individual try in the past decade.

Of course, Sloan may end up better overall. Who knows?

Bin Chicken

Juniors
its not really that.. I think even his biggest critics see Tyrell's progression.. and if he was 19yrs old and 10 games in.. 1000% understandable... but hes 3yrs in, with over 50 games, he might only be 22yrs old, but thats quite a career already. And ofcourse its not his fault he gets selected..... he probably should have had those 3yrs in NSW Cup first.

But the reason I also try to acknowledge the good stuff.. and the coach does also... is there is literally nobody else in our system that can play fullback better at 1st grade standard.. so either Sloan succeeds or we all fail. It will be very different if we get Talagi into our system however.. then there is an alternative path... and we havent had a tackle-breaker from fullback for a very long time.
Really well said .

Latest posts