What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan back to fullback - team named

Minh

First Grade
My apologies, one to many red wines tonight, still depressed, watched the replay today. You may be right, at least stg666 thinks you are. Must admit with Mary that wouldn't surprise me.

That would have been torturous but useful just to see where it all went wrong....

SBD82

Coach
That would have been torturous but useful just to see where it all went wrong....

Think I'll leave that to the coaching staff at the dragons if it's ok with you Minh.

Fmd. I'd never thought of what a horrible job that would be. Think I'd need all you guys on a suicide watch.

Minh

First Grade
Think I'll leave that to the coaching staff at the dragons if it's ok with you Minh.

Fmd. I'd never thought of what a horrible job that would be. Think I'd need all you guys on a suicide watch.

Yes good advice SBD82...

Quinlan I guess is next option, though he was selected for the Cutters today also.

Agree.

No chance of it but that'd be my next move if I were Mary. Dugan back to fullback signals a complete lack of faith in all of their plans. It might not work n we'll all be pissed off but, at this juncture it's better than going back to a backline that is no better than last year's attackingly inept version.

That said, I'd be curious and excited about seeing Milne or another of the young gun, outside backs have a go.

Obviously I hope that Mann (injury aside) is just going through a form slump/adjustment period. But if we were to persevere with the Dugan at centre 'experiment', Quinlan is by far our number 2 'ball playing fullback.'

gorilla

First Grade
Agree.

No chance of it but that'd be my next move if I were Mary. Dugan back to fullback signals a complete lack of faith in all of their plans. It might not work n we'll all be pissed off but, at this juncture it's better than going back to a backline that is no better than last year's attackingly inept version.

That said, I'd be curious and excited about seeing Milne or another of the young gun, outside backs have a go.

Obviously I hope that Mann (injury aside) is just going through a form slump/adjustment period. But if we were to persevere with the Dugan at centre 'experiment', Quinlan is by far our number 2 'ball playing fullback.'

The concept made sense.

A passing fullback from a good system, a hard-running centre.

The problem is in the execution and implementation, not the idea.

Both are capable of it, but have either dudded out on first few tries (Mann) or not been played right by the attacking coach/team implementation (Dugan).

Who threww that pass the Nightingale for the first try against Melbourne ? Mann.
How effective would Dugan be 25 metres out with a deep and straight-running attack ? Hard to stop.

That's the idea, it's just not being done, and is compounded by crap ball control, sideways running, and poor defensive line speed.

BrissyRedV

Bench
The concept made sense.

Both are capable of it, but have either dudded out on first few tries (Mann) or not been played right by the attacking coach/team implementation (Dugan).

Who threww that pass the Nightingale for the first try against Melbourne ? Mann.
How effective would Dugan be 25 metres out with a deep and straight-running attack ? Hard to stop.

That's the idea, it's just not being done, and is compounded by crap ball control, sideways running, and poor defensive line speed.

Exactly. It is also impossible from the last game to take anything out of it from an attacking perspective due to the amount of ball we dropped.

SBD82

Coach
The concept made sense.

Such a good analysis.

I think the worst part is I can't figure out where it all went wrong. I had such high hopes for it in the offseason.

The concept made sense.

Amusing that members find this a good analysis.

Slightly unravels with "Both are capable of it".

Clouded thinking, as usual.

Straight Shooter

gorilla

First Grade
Amusing that members find this a good analysis.

Slightly unravels with "Both are capable of it".

Clouded thinking, as usual.

Straight Shooter

It's a straight shootin' viewpoint - both are capable.

Analysed actually 'says' anally-sed.

It just hasn't worked to date and would/will take time.

I don't have clouded thinking so you must be talking about the others, or you ? Not me.

It's a straight shootin' viewpoint - both are capable.

Analysed actually 'says' anally-sed.

It just hasn't worked to date and would/will take time.

I don't have clouded thinking so you must be talking about the others, or you ? Not me.

Mann has not produced form (including at the Storm) to warrant a 'capable' assessment for the role required.

Better judges were cautious of his abilities and questioned the value of his recruitment (fit for purpose).

The usual suspects were bright-eyed and full of optimism.

I'm not totally giving up on the kid and I hope he comes good. But I was most certainly underwhelmed with his signing. As with Lafai.

But dumb-ass Mary knows best :sarcasm:

Straight Shooter

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Mann has not produced form (including at the Storm) to warrant a 'capable' assessment for the role required.

Better judges were cautious of his abilities and questioned the value of his recruitment (fit for purpose).

The usual suspects were bright-eyed and full of optimism.

I'm not totally giving up on the kid and I hope he comes good. But I was most certainly underwhelmed with his signing. As with Lafai.

But dumb-ass Mary knows best :sarcasm:

Straight Shooter

That's funny. Who were the 'better judges cautious of his abilities'?
I've seen the kid play several times and had discussions with better judges than me and clearly you. People that are actually involved in the NRL and game here in QLD and they all rate him as a great player and great signing for us. Nuffys like Bennett and Bellamy rate him as well.
I'm not giving up on the kid either. Playing centre at the Storm was a fill in. He is a ball playing fullback or 5/8.

Playing centre at the Storm was a fill in.

So you agree with me that his NRL performances to date don't warrant the assessment prescribed in the earlier post which had other members swooning over the unjustifiable analysis?

Perhaps what we can all agree on is that we live hope.

Straight Shooter

BrissyRedV

Bench
So you agree with me that his NRL performances to date don't warrant the assessment prescribed in the earlier post which had other members swooning over the unjustifiable analysis?

Perhaps what we can all agree on is that we live hope.

Straight Shooter

How did you get out of JBs post that he agrees with you? You're truly delusional.

Latest posts