What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

thebigredv

First Grade
Another broken cheekbone by the looks...

We can't afford to spend a million on this bloke, sorry.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
sam burgess broke his cheek bone in the 2014 grand final did you see him stay down like a little bitch? dugan isn't worth 1 mill a season. he plays 10 games a year and wants top dollar get rid of him..

watatank

Coach
We do know where he will play. He'll play fullback. At club level he is always a fullback.

If he stays he plays fullback. If he signs elsewhere it's to play fullback.

Everyone knows it, even Millward. The centre rhetoric is just a pathetic attempt to pay him less than he's worth.

Dugan is a fullback in the short term and he has only played there as long as he has in the past year or so because we haven't found a viable fullback option yet. When we find a long term fullback option then Dugan will move to centre. If we had someone like Trobjevic, Ponga or Holmes this would be obvious. The club is headed in that direction and would be thinking that one of Dufty, Field and Marsters come through. That may not happen but for sure the club is not going to go all out to keep Dugan here, that's pretty clear.

Another club might do that (they will also be paying him more), so good luck to them and Dugan. I wonder how long will it be before they do the same thing, or Dugan gets released to play elsewhere.

Not according to the coach who has publicly stated whilst he is coach he'll play him at fullback.

Yes, the coach that has already played Dugan at centre twice. Again, he was talking about 2018.

This is what the real problem is, its not Dugan's fault the club can't decide on the makeup of the team. In Dugan's defence I can understand him being upset when Widdop has played poorly for a couple of years suddenly has half a dozen good games (was not high on the clubs radar) and receives a big contract ahead of Dugan being signed. Dugan during the preceding years has been one of the few passionate players in the squad busting his arse every week.

You can see the direction the club wants to go, even if the execution hasn't been there. We're just not going to move quickly to sign Dugan at all costs like we did last time.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We haven't found a viable fb option yet? We haven't even tried anyone else bar Nighty as a stop gap. I don't get it at all, they want Digan to play centre but refuse to blood anyone at all to replace him. I do not get it, sorry.

Saintsified

Bench
We haven't found a viable fb option yet? We haven't even tried anyone else bar Nighty as a stop gap. I don't get it at all, they want Digan to play centre but refuse to blood anyone at all to replace him. I do not get it, sorry.
You just explained it what don't you get?

sam burgess broke his cheek bone in the 2014 grand final did you see him stay down like a little bitch? dugan isn't worth 1 mill a season. he plays 10 games a year and wants top dollar get rid of him..
yeah but Sam had a premiership to win josh was in a one off test match being played out of position :flushed: But in all seriousness saints will play hard ball here no one else is going to pay the money he wants and he knows it that's why he vented his frustrations accordingly in the press

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Pathetic& disappointing statement from a supposed Saints supporter also under current laws he has to go off like it or not

You know what's interesting... if Dugan signs for another club, most of our supporters would absolutely give it to him next year. You watch them start calling him injury prone and a princess for staying down after a tackle. They will forget everything he has done for this club (just like Brett Morris) and you'll hear all sorts of comments about him never being worth the money he was asking for.

Whilst I don't agree with the way Alec worded his statement, there is some merit to his argument about Dugan being susceptible to injury and thus not being worth what he thinks he's worth.

possm

Coach
It's a power game between Millward and Mary. This power game will end when Mary is replaced. Mary does not have a father who is a power broker at the Club. Mary has Doust in his corner however, Doust is all about Doust and won't rock the boat if it means it will put himself on shaky ground.

Field to begin is first great test next week. If he goes well over the next few weeks, he will remain there till end of season and Dugan will be selected at right centre no matter what Mary says.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate this exactly , we have no idea how anyone else would go because Mary has no vision . We should have blooded players last year when we were playing like crap .

possm

Coach
You know what's interesting... if Dugan signs for another club, most of our supporters would absolutely give it to him next year. You watch them start calling him injury prone and a princess for staying down after a tackle. They will forget everything he has done for this club (just like Brett Morris) and you'll hear all sorts of comments about him never being worth the money he was asking for.

Whilst I don't agree with the way Alec worded his statement, there is some merit to his argument about Dugan being susceptible to injury and thus not being worth what he thinks he's worth.
Your probably right and for the record, I don't agree with fans doing this however, didn't the Raiders fans do this when Dugan joined the Dragons and didn't the Dragons do this when the likes of B Moz and Merrin moved to another club. Maybe it's a normal occurrence these days.

hazzbeen

Bench
It's a power game between Millward and Mary. This power game will end when Mary is replaced. Mary does not have a father who is a power broker at the Club. Mary has Doust in his corner however, Doust is all about Doust and won't rock the boat if it means it will put himself on shaky ground.

Field to begin is first great test next week. If he goes well over the next few weeks, he will remain there till end of season and Dugan will be selected at right centre no matter what Mary says.
Even coming out and saying we will be playing a power game , gives other coaches the opportunity to nullify what we do ...... Keep your mouth shut Mary , its hard enough trying to win a game without telling everyone what we are going to do .

verfive

Juniors
Even coming out and saying we will be playing a power game , gives other coaches the opportunity to nullify what we do ...... Keep your mouth shut Mary , its hard enough trying to win a game without telling everyone what we are going to do .
But isn't it obvious what Mary is about with this team? Saying it is so doesn't matter.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
IMHO Dugan s asking price is a little high and the club a bit bellow.
The figure is somewhere in between....not that f**kn hard really.
There are not that many quality fullbacks left to replace him with.
We are chronically slow and inept with these types of negotiations and will pay the price if he is let go.