What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

The Nick

Bench
i posted, the Dragons are interested, that's all pal !

Hmmm if this is true, and if the speculated $500k min. is anywhere near the mark... given our inability to retain Morris or Merrin due to supposed salary cap problems that won't be fixed until 2017 then I think our management would have some explaining to do.

The only acceptable scenario would be a straight swap for Rein, IMO.

possm

Coach
Hmmm if this is true, and if the speculated $500k min. is anywhere near the mark... given our inability to retain Morris or Merrin due to supposed salary cap problems that won't be fixed until 2017 then I think our management would have some explaining to do.

The only acceptable scenario would be a straight swap for Rein, IMO.

You would think that is the option on the table. i.e.

Farah is on 700k p a
Tigers owe Farah 400k on backend deal .
Rein is on 400k p a

The logical deal wold be:
Tigers pay Farah the 400k they owe him for the backended deal - - 200k p a for the next two years
Dragons swap Rein for Farah value 400k
Dragons pay Farah's a total of 550k p a - 150k extra on our salary cap.
Tigers pay 150k p a to Farah for the next two years - subsidy to equal his current ontract.

In short we pay 550k p a for the next two years.
Tighers pay 350k fpr the next two years.
And the end result for the Dragons is an extra 150k p a for the next two years.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Seriously if this was to be the RedV spine in 2016 then I'd take a gap year and follow Brownies Knights with more interest. I wouldn't want the Robbie and Benji show reunited running the joint into the ground.

V

Vasilevsky

Seriously if this was to be the RedV spine in 2016 then I'd take a gap year and follow Brownies Knights with more interest. I wouldn't want the Robbie and Benji show reunited running the joint into the ground.

Who decided they did that at the Tigers and who decides they would do that at the Dragons?

It always seemed to me that rather than running the place (Tigers) into the ground, they were keeping it afloat.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You would think that is the option on the table. i.e.

Farah is on 700k p a
Tigers owe Farah 400k on backend deal .
Rein is on 400k p a

The logical deal wold be:
Tigers pay Farah the 400k they owe him for the backended deal - - 200k p a for the next two years
Dragons swap Rein for Farah value 400k
Dragons pay Farah's a total of 550k p a - 150k extra on our salary cap.
Tigers pay 150k p a to Farah for the next two years - subsidy to equal his current ontract.

In short we pay 550k p a for the next two years.
Tighers pay 350k fpr the next two years.
And the end result for the Dragons is an extra 150k p a for the next two years.

In short, Rein would need to agree to it :sarcasm:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Only way I see that happening is if Tigers offer him a contract extension and we don't.

I think the reality is... Rein will be under the microscope for next year with the inclusion of Havili. That's not to say he won't continue to improve or I'm into the Rein bashing as many others are. The kid has ticker but will need to move to the next level if he wants a contract for 2017. Personally, I hope he does.

Latest posts