What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

nrlnrl

First Grade
And you don't think a hooker that plays 80 min and the current SOO hooker 2nd best hooker in the world is not needed at our club?

Smith is clearly number 1, but Farah is no longer the 2nd best.

Luke, J.Friend, McCullough, Granville, Hodgson, Segeyaro & even the much criticised Rein have clearly been better in 2015.

V

Vasilevsky

Farah has been very poor in a very poor Tigers team this year. In the first 2 SOO games, despite a protected homie dropping him on his his head forcing him to play injured, he was sensational. Playing 80min in fast games, making 50+ tackles, still a threat running out of dummy half all the while delivering excellent service from dummy half.

As someone pointed out, he won't be able to run the show at the Dragons. I think the club would be crazy not to make a play for him. Several other clubs have come out and said 'not happening' but the silence from the Dragons has been deafening. I hope it happens.

I would feel sorry for Rein. He tries so hard every week and has been good this year but one can't even compare him to Farah insofar as talent. His age shouldn't be a problem either given his reported dedication to fitness and training.

Spud 13

Juniors
I would feel sorry for Rein. He tries so hard every week and has been good this year but one can't even compare him to Farah insofar as talent. His age shouldn't be a problem either given his reported dedication to fitness and training.

I must watch different games to some... Farah is a ball hog and make more bad calls than good ones.. we don't need him id much prefer rein..

Don't marshal and farah have a thing to? cant see that being good!

V

Vasilevsky

I must watch different games to some... Farah is a ball hog and make more bad calls than good ones.. we don't need him id much prefer rein..

Don't marshal and farah have a thing to? cant see that being good!

As far as I can see Farah is almost as big a homie as Hodges. He has issues with a lot of people it seems. I have heard numerous times he thinks he the emperor of Tiger Town. I don't see it being a problem at a new club. Again, for anyone doubting his ability, I would refer you to the first 2 Origin games of this year (of course he was out of the third and we know what happened).

giboz71

First Grade
Sure hope we don't end up with Farah. Agree we need a change at hooker, but this is not the answer.

We need to stop paying top dollar for unwanted stars (like we did for Benji and Dugan). That would be the obvious and easy play, but expensive, a hallmark of our previous strategy.

A little bit out of the box thinking wouldn't go astray, like we did chasing McInnes and Havili. Maybe try and unearth some talent from places not so obvious, and hopefully fix our cap at the same time.

possm

Coach
Hell, if we offloaded Rein I'd gladly take Farah for around the $500k mark for 2 years...thats a big jump in quality for a very small jump in price, gives us actual creativity, leadership and game management from dummy half, allows us to find, mentor and lock up a long term hooker and takes pressure off Widdop and Marshall to make everything happen. Away from the Tigpies and under Mary, Farah wont be able to run the show either.

I'm with you on this one Benny. Rein for Farah:
Gives the Tigers an experienced replacement.
Gives the Dragons the style of hooker we currently need.
Re-unitets a Benji/Farah combination which proved to be so successful over a number of years.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Forget Farrah all together and I would not re-sign Benji after 2016 contract expires. They really need to focus on a young halfback like Luke Keary and some outside backs with speed like Dylan Walker or promise Curtis Rona a centre position for 2017. Forget the Tigers yesterday men!!

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Forget Farrah all together and I would not re-sign Benji after 2016 contract expires. They really need to focus on a young halfback like Luke Keary and some outside backs with speed like Dylan Walker or promise Curtis Rona a centre position for 2017. Forget the Tigers yesterday men!!

Thank goodness, someone with some sense, even though your avatar looks like the love child between Jim Morrison and nuclear man (superman 4).

Spud 13

Juniors
I'm with you on this one Benny. Rein for Farah:
Gives the Tigers an experienced replacement.
Gives the Dragons the style of hooker we currently need.
Re-unitets a Benji/Farah combination which proved to be so successful over a number of years.

What combination? they made the 8 only twice since 2005.. They had 1 good year and that was it!

Farah is past it and overated! I seriously cannot see what anyone sees in him? Leadership? yep, just as we are hoping that benji and hopefully Garath and some young blood long term can become our leaders we throw in the bloke who thinks a whole team should revolve around him.. No Thanks!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Thank goodness, someone with some sense, even though your avatar looks like the love child between Jim Morrison and nuclear man (superman 4).

Well your close anyway....it's singer & musician Peter Gabriel from a 70's album cover.finger nail marks remind me of following the Dragons during the Price abyss era.

Maximus

Coach
What combination? they made the 8 only twice since 2005.. They had 1 good year and that was it!

Lol yeah I was dumbfounded when I read that. People just post whatever garbage they want to suit their argument and hope nobody calls them out.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Well your close anyway....it's singer & musician Peter Gabriel from a 70's album cover.finger nail marks remind me of following the Dragons during the Price abyss era.

Yeah I know, we are still paying the price for price!

Look, I think we can unearth a diamond in the rough and find a Curtis Rona to fill the void in the centre/wing. And I still think Dugan should be one of the centres. Given our limited funds, we should just be looking to pour as much as we can to land a big scalp for our halves.

Marshall shouldnt be extended at the end of next season, but a lot will also depend on widdop. They really need to sit down and sort out what widdops long term intention is. If he is keen to stay a few more years, they should extend his contract next year as well as go for a Mybe or Keary. The forwards are sorted for at least 2-3 seasons, it's the backs we need to worry about.

TheRev

First Grade
Farah is toxic to a playing group. The last thing our club needs.
Its absolutely his personality not his ability as a player (despite what they say publically), thats the only justification for the Tigers to finally boot him and probably make a net loss when you consider they have to pay another 2 hookers to replace him & probably pay 500k of his salary anyway.

Hell, if we offloaded Rein I'd gladly take Farah for around the $500k mark for 2 years...thats a big jump in quality for a very small jump in price, gives us actual creativity, leadership and game management from dummy half, allows us to find, mentor and lock up a long term hooker and takes pressure off Widdop and Marshall to make everything happen. Away from the Tigpies and under Mary, Farah wont be able to run the show either.
I do agree, I think away from his club of 13yrs, youd get 1-2years of him shutting up and listening to the coach... plus he will probably learn a good lesson from this experience about being too big for his boots, and I think his footy will improve dramatically in a new setting.

The thing is at this late stage of the season, for an NRL club to find cap space, it would have to be an exchange.. i.e. Rein <> Farrah or Ennis <> Farrah that sort of thing.. failing that he will be lucky to land 200k in the NRL.

Walpole

Juniors

Talking sense will get you nowhere around here.

Farah has been treated appallingly by the Tigers but what the **** has that got to do with us? Let him play reserve grade for all I care but keep him away from the Dragons.

Rein is a good player. Are there better? Of course, but if you can't see there are other priorities for the Dragons you've been blinded by your Rein angst. With the amount of blame leveled at Rein you'd think he was the architect of 9/11.

As Coffs says, forward planning for a new halfback in the next year or two and some quality outside backs are what we need.

grouch

First Grade
Talking sense will get you nowhere around here.

Farah has been treated appallingly by the Tigers but what the **** has that got to do with us? Let him play reserve grade for all I care but keep him away from the Dragons.

Rein is a good player. Are there better? Of course, but if you can't see there are other priorities for the Dragons you've been blinded by your Rein angst. With the amount of blame leveled at Rein you'd think he was the architect of 9/11.

As Coffs says, forward planning for a new halfback in the next year or two and some quality outside backs are what we need.

Rein is average. Having an average dummy half is actually a major problem. It is absolutely an area of priority.

V

Vasilevsky

Rein is average. Having an average dummy half is actually a major problem. It is absolutely an area of priority.

Everyone has an opinion, even homies like you, and this a place to state those opinions. I think Rein has been pretty good this year but Farah is a massive step up in class. Surely you must know all about personality problems but Farah has lots of friends as well as enemies and anyone questioning his ability is letting Farah's reported personality problems get in the way of sound judgement.

I believe Farah is the best No.9 in the competition. That is certainly debatable but there is no debate as to whether he is one of the best or not.

Latest posts