What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I have Duges around 15th on my NRL Fullback recruitment list, the top 20 that come to mind are listed below (in no particular order).. a few of them are just kids... and no guarantee they will kick on, but some of these kids would be a brilliant investment... particularly @ 250-400k vs Dugans 800k salary.

o Dugan
o Boyd
o Trbojvic
o RTS
o Lolohea
o Gordon
o BMoz
o Hopoate
o Barba
o Holmes
o J.Bird
o Hayne
o Slater
o Munster
o Coote
o Moylan
o GI
o Walker
o Mitchel
o Tedesco

There are only a couple of NRL clubs that Dugan would get a starting position in, this is why we signed Mann & attempted to sign Coote, so we could get Duges out of the #1 jersey.
Thats your option. But total disagree. He top 5 now with a good coach he be top 2 or 3 imo

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I've said all year when questioning Duges value to us given the coin we pay, that the FB position has changed. It's essentially as important as the halves in terms of directing an attack. That's why guys like Coote, Moylan and Boyd are so important to their teams. And all the running fullbacks like Slater, GI, RTS and Teddy have been forced to learn how to pass.

The amount of tries I have seen the last 2 years with a FB chiming into the attack and putting their winger over is all too common. Guys like Boyd and Coote have turned into an artform. That sweep play that most teams use so effectively is just not available to us with Duges at FB (funnily enough, Widdop has actually played that role with success a few times this year). And for a team that struggles to score points already, that puts us behind the 8 ball.

For what its worth, I still thing Duges is a great player. The best defensive FB in the game. But essentially, we'd be the only team that has an attack that doesn't use their FB like the 15 other teams.

I don't have a problem with this but a gameplan that doesn't use your FB as distributor requires a good half, hooker and a good coach. 3 things we don't have.

If we keep Duges at FB, these 3 things must change.

Spot on mybe you should do our recruiting. Are you available

Latest posts