What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummy Half / Utility

Gazzamatta

Coach
I know a lot of the guys at TCT, and I have seen the same sort of thing in Boods as they did but again he was eligle to play SG Ball (Under 19s this year) as far as I know, but as everyone else who has seen him has said, he is a few years away.
I read on their site after last weeks debacle where they are pushing his cause to be upgraded and possibly debut which thankfully didnt happen. No doubt the kid has game but ffs let him develop first.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Re Matt Arthur, have watched him for close to 12 years and is the best natural 9 in the juniors across that period. To be fair, he really needs another 12 months of weights and experience playing Cup to get ready for the grind of NRL.

He’s not as small as a few players in that position but shouldn’t be rushed , if brought through correctly he would probably be a 10 year NRL player. He has a real footy brain which is obvious when watching.
He has his dad’s genetics. He will be a reasonable Jnr but too slow.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The reality with Matt Arthur is that he is unlikely to be here long term. We're not going to keep the coach just so that he can play here.
Maybe hed prefer a different coach to his Dad? Seemed to work out ok for Jake. Dads can drive you crazy at times. Just ask my boy. 😁

hindy111

Post Whore
Has it worked out for Jake? He’s played way less first grade than when his dad was the coach.

I don't even know if he is the none back up there anymore. At Parra he was a top 17 player. I can see Tyler Bunting taking JAs spot soon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Has it worked out for Jake? He’s played way less first grade than when his dad was the coach.
In as much as hes at a club who extended his contract and appears to be on the cusp of their NRL Team. Id suggest he is pretty much similar in his play to how he was at Parra.

ALX25

Bench
Not much available. Raiders do have a plethora of hookers. They just let go another fringe one go. Making room for the SG Ball hooker.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah I agree Jake has gone backwards since moving.

There is SFA chance he is getting a token 5 mins in a GF and becoming a trivia answer in 25 years time at Manly.