What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dump Norman For Sailor .

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What Clune needs is for the coach to say to the dummy half and the captain that Clune makes the call as to where the ball is to be delivered.

I think he has shown enough to say that he has some footy brains and can read a game quite well.

What happens now is that he is starved of the ball when Hunt & Norman do the shit things they want to do that which for the record have done nothing but cause confusion and instability.

I was of the same belief until the last few weeks where he has had a lot more ball and his last tackle options have been ordinary and he puts up the same useless high kicks that Norman does and bombs just as many tries.

MattyDragon0028

Juniors
We are lacking a dominate half.

someone that takes the game by the scruff of the neck and leads the team around the pack.

yes the old saying that the halves can’t do much if there forwards aren’t laying the platform is true.

but the most successful halves of the game get in to there forwards and bark orders into there forwards and tells them where to go and to run harder.

unfortunately I don’t see any of those qualities in Clune

SAP58

Juniors
I was of the same belief until the last few weeks where he has had a lot more ball and his last tackle options have been ordinary and he puts up the same useless high kicks that Norman does and bombs just as many tries.
Just keeping the seat warm for Sullivan when he is ready for FG. Hook has already mentioned Sullivan in his interviews so he is on his radar.

possm

Coach
I notice Cooper Johns is coming off contract at the Storm.

We should make a play for him as he will constantly be getting advice from his dad and uncle so a lot more upside than Clune IMO.

At 25 we shouldn't need to bring someone on to the pay roll to teach him how to be good at his position, would prefer someone do that with our younger halves in CC and Jersey Flegg.
One of the down sides of having Mary as coach for the last 7 years.

Crush

Coach
Enough is Enough has to go again today. Worsr player on the field slowing the attack down on every play.
Slowing the attack down is dead right. He is playing at a slower pace than everyone else. So predictable. So pedestrian. So many errors.
P**S him off now!

lynx000

Juniors
Funny though, I remember him and Hunt were having a field day against us back when Hook was head coach at the Donkeys
DY should phone a friend, phone hook for some advice on Norman.

Got some bad news for you there, I don't know that Hook and Norman particularly get on well. Hook shifted him to fullback when he was at the Broncos for some of the exact reasons you guys are seeing. Norman cracked the shits and eventually left to go to the Eels.

He has talent, but in my view he is a pea heart and far too inconsistent.

Old Timer

Coach
Some Interesting views on Clune in this thread

You will never know how good/bad he is until he plays several games without Norman and Hunt.

He is out called by both of them and that clearly is not helping his cause.

People also commenting on Clune’s defence without seeing how bad both Norman & Hunt are and coupled with some of Dufty’s appalling attempts not sure why Clune is the target of posts.

At least Clune does take the line on and does so willingly.

Some Interesting views on Clune in this thread

You will never know how good/bad he is until he plays several games without Norman and Hunt.

He is out called by both of them and that clearly is not helping his cause.

People also commenting on Clune’s defence without seeing how bad both Norman & Hunt are and coupled with some of Dufty’s appalling attempts not sure why Clune is the target of posts.

At least Clune does take the line on and does so willingly.
I think from the little ive seen of Clune that at least he tries and will have a go at least.the last few seasons Hunt rarely has a go and Norman even less. They both need to be dropped and try a brand new combination. We have nothing to lose now so if Young selects most of the same team as this week, we'll know he is just as useless as McFailure was and we made the right choice in not appointing him head coach next year.Someone earlier was right -4 games for 1 win-not a good starting point

redVinme

Juniors
Got some bad news for you there, I don't know that Hook and Norman particularly get on well. Hook shifted him to fullback when he was at the Broncos for some of the exact reasons you guys are seeing. Norman cracked the shits and eventually left to go to the Eels.

He has talent, but in my view he is a pea heart and far too inconsistent.

That's great news hope he packs his bags

possm

Coach
I think from the little ive seen of Clune that at least he tries and will have a go at least.the last few seasons Hunt rarely has a go and Norman even less. They both need to be dropped and try a brand new combination. We have nothing to lose now so if Young selects most of the same team as this week, we'll know he is just as useless as McFailure was and we made the right choice in not appointing him head coach next year.Someone earlier was right -4 games for 1 win-not a good starting point
And 3 of these games were against bottom dwellers - like us - so the stats are even worse than appears.

Phantom V

Juniors
The halfback was no better.

time to give Sullivan a go
I agree 100%.

I think this is a really poor halves pairing, possibly the worst in the competition right now.
We’re all in agreement on Norman, enough said there. He can make way for Sullivan or Sailor but we need a 5/8 with a good short kicking game to get us some repeat sets and
sustain a bit of pressure and momentum.Look at what Cleary and co are doing at the Panthers.

I haven’t seen anything from Clune to convince me he’s a first grade halfback. Hook needs to move Hunt back to halfback and get him to focus on his running game and more ‘eyes up
‘ footy next year.

McGuinness back to hooker where he belongs.

I agree 100%.

I think this is a really poor halves pairing, possibly the worst in the competition right now.
We’re all in agreement on Norman, enough said there. He can make way for Sullivan or Sailor but we need a 5/8 with a good short kicking game to get us some repeat sets and
sustain a bit of pressure and momentum.Look at what Cleary and co are doing at the Panthers.

I haven’t seen anything from Clune to convince me he’s a first grade halfback. Hook needs to move Hunt back to halfback and get him to focus on his running game and more ‘eyes up
‘ footy next year.

McGuinness back to hooker where he belongs.

How about this for a starting sidebar this next week

1. Dufty
2. Rawalawa
3. Pereira
4. Lomax
5. Ramsey
6. Sailor
7. Sullivan
8. Vaughn
9. McInnes
10. Laurie
11. Host
12. Frizell
13. Ellis

14. Hunt
15. Kerr
16. Fuimaono
17. Blacker

18. Brittan
19. Merrin
20. Ford
21. Simms

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have a feeling Griffin may give Norman the nod early but as soon as he has a shocker or senses laziness will be dropped. Griffin does not take crap like that by the looks of things as we saw in Penrith. On his day Norman can be brilliant but looks like he does not have to in this squad to keep his spot so why does he bother.

Crush

Coach
I have a feeling Griffin may give Norman the nod early but as soon as he has a shocker or senses laziness will be dropped. Griffin does not take crap like that by the looks of things as we saw in Penrith. On his day Norman can be brilliant but looks like he does not have to in this squad to keep his spot so why does he bother.
When was the last time Norman was brilliant though? I cant remember him ever being brilliant for us.
I think he may have been brilliant years ago but now he is slow. Very slow.

slippery5

Juniors
I notice Cooper Johns is coming off contract at the Storm.

We should make a play for him as he will constantly be getting advice from his dad and uncle so a lot more upside than Clune IMO.

At 25 we shouldn't need to bring someone on to the pay roll to teach him how to be good at his position, would prefer someone do that with our younger halves in CC and Jersey Flegg.
If you are looking for Storm system players Nicho Hynes is miles ahead of Johns in ability & his preferred position is in the halves, unfortunately he has just resigned for another 12 months after knocking back Bulldogs.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
If you are looking for Storm system players Nicho Hynes is miles ahead of Johns in ability & his preferred position is in the halves, unfortunately he has just resigned for another 12 months after knocking back Bulldogs.

Would happily take either of them for Clune.

Cooper has only had 1 NRL game I believe, so hasn't shown a lot but certainly would have the advice of a few decent halves in his ear often.

Latest posts