1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Dump Norman For Sailor .

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by J.moz, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Dragon set in stone.

Dragon set in stone. Juniors

Norman should never play for the Dragons again. He is so bloody over priced and under performing.
    He just does not seem to want to get his jumper dirty and has no pride in himself and his performances
    what so ever.

This Year?, Phantom V, Mjab and 6 others like this.
  2. Divey

Divey Juniors

Why is it that he is selected each week? Week after week we see Corey Norman continue to make simple basic mistakes. He’s not a team player. We should have scored yesterday when Norman had two players outside of him with a clear short run to the try line but no Norman wants to be a star and gets swamped by the defence trying to score. Kicking out on the full seems to be a passion for him much the same as kicking on the fourth tackle. He can’t tackle anyone by their legs, he jumps up off the ground and tries to wrap himself around the oppositions upper body. He’s quite useless in defence. It’s so frustrating to watch these continuing errors by Norman.
    Get rid of him please.

This Year? and RedV Resurgence like this.
  3. st.phil

st.phil Bench

Skip sailor, he looks more like a fullback. Sullivans time.

4. Gippsy

Gippsy Bench

Clune could be quite a good 1/2, he just needs someone like Cooper Cronk in his ear about how to manage a game. That would be my first coaching appointment if I was Griffin.

Agree about Norman, he just doesn't like getting his jumper dirty. Replace him with anyone, but I'd like to see how Clune at 7 & Hunt at 6 goes. But then again, I have no faith in Young to get the best out of any new combinations.

blacksafake, SAP58 and Gareth67 like this.
  5. Puff

Puff First Grade

People talk of Clune like he is a youngster in his development phase. He is 25. I have a role in youth sport. And in terms of development you see large amounts for the teenage years through to about 22-23. The rate of development then drops off significantly. Clune could be a good half, but I highly doubt it, as his development years were wasted under a coach who had no idea about development. Unfortunately, sport is cut throat and the years it would take to develop him further would be far too many, to reap any reward. I would get rid. I know that sounds harsh, however I am sure there are younger guys at the same level with more development potential in them, with less risk in relation to wasting our time.

I'm Hornby and Mjab like this.
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

What Clune needs is for the coach to say to the dummy half and the captain that Clune makes the call as to where the ball is to be delivered.

I think he has shown enough to say that he has some footy brains and can read a game quite well.

What happens now is that he is starved of the ball when Hunt & Norman do the shit things they want to do that which for the record have done nothing but cause confusion and instability.

7. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

Agree
    I don’t want to bag him too bad but Can’t see him being a premiership winning hb
    But hey Chad Townsend did

Especially when u compare with fogerty at the Titans , also a rookie really , who really looks goods
    also Dearden looks a better player , also limited first grade experience

Dragon David likes this.
  8. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

I think like dufty sailor is too small for FB
    I also am pretty sure he will be leaving unlesss Griff has real plans

talk in SMH today Benji May go to ESL club Widdop At to allow release

9. possm

possm Coach

Just imagine if Millward sighed Norman and Hunt on a 3 year deal with an additional 1 year in favour of the Club. We could have off-loaded both at the end of this season and had 3.5m to spend on marquee players for season 2021.

Lord Teddy Goodwin likes this.
  10. possm

possm Coach

We don't want Widdop.

11. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

The only way I'd want Widdop if it meant hunt and Norman gone.

12. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

Yes Sullivan should be in the halves instead next week

In hindsight the new coach should’ve been ready to replace the Failed One immediately.

And if it had been done after Rd 4
    with a new outside coach,
    with the accompanying better selections
    game plans
    & blooding of juniors

....we’d be in the semis now IMHO

...& far more ready for 2021

I'm Hornby, Mjab and redv13 like this.
  13. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Great suggestion to get someone of Cronk’s ability to work with our halves. Hook will need all the help he can get.

14. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

And Slater or Potter for Dufty

SAP58 likes this.
  15. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

Dufty 6 sullivan 7 .

16. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

I've see others mentioning Dufty at 6 as well.......I laughed as hard at their comments as i did at yours.

This Year?, be55 and blacksafake like this.
  17. possm

possm Coach

I like that, especially if it meant we off-load Norman and Hunt.

SaintPauli likes this.
  18. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

They laughed at Columbus too

... just as well he didn’t believe the earth was flat

19. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

What Fogarty has that Clune doesn't is SPEED & Mongrel, simple as that.

Mjab likes this.
  20. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

I notice Cooper Johns is coming off contract at the Storm.

We should make a play for him as he will constantly be getting advice from his dad and uncle so a lot more upside than Clune IMO.

At 25 we shouldn't need to bring someone on to the pay roll to teach him how to be good at his position, would prefer someone do that with our younger halves in CC and Jersey Flegg.

Mjab likes this.