What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lainey

Juniors
Dave Q said:
PK, your new year's resolution should be to resist the temptation of denigrating people who dont agree with your view of the Panthers.

You're kidding right???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
Dave Q said:
PK, your new year's resolution should be to resist the temptation of denigrating people who dont agree with your view of the Panthers.

Many people made this mistake on PI and thats why people have tuned out of 'Rob's Kingdom'.

If you not going to offer any kind and postive alternative, you should reconsider being a moderator here.

Apart from that, I respect the fact you dont abuse your powers and for what its worth (from a troll to one who is thoroughly concieted) I hope you have a reasonable festive season.

Thats about as Christmassy as I can manage.

LOL, I just read this. :lol: First I will say, I don't make new year resolutions.

second:- postive alternative (sic) ? WTF?

Answer me this Dave, have I moved any of your posts of your views of panthers to here that I have not agreed with?

Or have I moderated any of your views of Panthers that I have not agreed with?

If not, then what the f**k are you on about? :lol:

On one hand you tell me I should reconsider moderating because I don't agree with your views. Then on the other hand you tell me I don't abuse my powers. LOL! What are you trying to tell me Dave.

Come on spit it out boy and don't bother being cryptic, I am crypticonotic.

Dave Q

Coach
Id say you should be able to beat the Titans and the Eels.

Not sure about the others.

For mine, Elliot has until Round 8 to demonstrate some progress of some sort.

May not be wins, but improvements on the paddock generally.

TITAN1

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Id say you should be able to beat the Titans and the Eels.

Not sure about the others.

For mine, Elliot has until Round 8 to demonstrate some progress of some sort.

May not be wins, but improvements on the paddock generally.
Playing for a full 80 minutes would be a start...:roll:

Dave Q

Coach
TITAN1 said:
Playing for a full 80 minutes would be a start...:roll:

Thats a fitness and freshness thing for mine.

Whatever they did in boot camp, lets hope they raised a sweat.

This new plan to "youth up" the side, to stop the annual leakage of talent, to take the Panthers that one extra yard to stumble into the finals...

Its going to put senior management to the test as much as the players.

And if it all stuffs up, someone has to front up and explain how the grand plan failed.

If they missed signing Elliot, they would have kept John Lang.

And Lang delivered unto you the greatest grand final win in league history.

Very close to the cash in 2006, maybe three or four new solid first grade players playing well, would have got you there in those last few games.

This is a big gamble. Its a new ball game for the Panthers. Year Zero.

Lets hope it pays off.

If not, its back to long lunches with the grubby player-agents of established champions.:) Pass me another prawn Riolo!

Interesting views again my friend im surprised nobody has jumped in to abuse you for those views.

But i think 07 is a rebuilding yr for us im still expecting a top 8 finish but if its not to be then i wont be to disheartened.

It's great that we have the young players and it is what we need.

Im sure you as well as anyone who supports penrith will agree with me that they are sick of us signing a guy he plays well then leaves.

Or we get the right squad together then half of it retires (half is over exagerated but hey)

But if we can keep the young blokes fit and on field it gives us a nucleous to build on top of and within id say 2 yr's they will be cool headed can handle the sitation like a seasoned pro and can put together several finals appearences if not several gf victories.

I like where elliot is heading i still have worries but i think he is attempting to rebuild penrith from the grass roots up and well im down with that.

lainey

Juniors
110kgpantherpower said:
Interesting views again my friend im surprised nobody has jumped in to abuse you for those views.

There's an old saying, "if you ignore something long enough, it will go away.."

Hmmm true just like there is a saying right to free speech.

Thats what makes our country the way it is.

Wether it may be good or bad.

lainey

Juniors
Nobody has said he can't post his opinions, it's just that most of us think is dribble and don't agree with it...and apparently we here in the Penrith forum on LU aren't the only ones....PI, Titans forum, etc...

murraymob

Coach
I enjoy the banter with MR Q. The forum would be boring if we all agreed.While Q may be extreme in some veiws he is on the mark on most. Mr Q knows deep down he is a panther fan .Neigbours on his street have reported loud singing after a penrith try . Go penrith, Go penrith.And when penrith win the grand final 110kg and me will happily buy the Qman a beer :b:

Dave Q

Coach
Thanks mob, but I am a Souths man.

Remember I attended the mothers day game last year and cheered the boys to that mighty comeback. Then I think it was Sugar and the Camel who gladly and skillfully I might add, ruined my day.

Its Ok, my tickets for that game and the next time we played, were courtesy of the Penrith Panthers. Thanks for that.

Im just putting it out there that there is a lot riding on the next few years. Theres been a lot of complaints in the past about the lack of attention to the Penrith juniors..this is being addressed now -to some extent but I'm not sure if its the answer. I'm open minded.

And dont forget, with all the fanfare, there was still enough dough to bid for Lyon, so whilst they want to embrace youth, they dont want to do so at all costs. The wallett will open for star quality. They will make exceptions to suit.

If we dont see progress, if they get it wrong, thats a real possibility and its unwise not to contemplate that things wont go wrong.

If things dont pan out in 2007, I expect a few very big signings to creep into the mix. That will spell the death of the junior program..by stealth.

They are doing what they think is right, they are well-intentioned, but it might not work.

If anybody thinks these are anti-panther thoughts, they need help.

Cheers.

Dave Q

Coach
If the team is struggling, a few of the backs arent performing etc, then theres going to be a lot of pressure for new blood and key signings. The chorus will start as whispers and then grow louder.

So you'd buy a couple of stars to settle things down and tell everyone "its part of the plan."

That will be news to the players axed.

And the program is there in place, but for all intensive purposes it will be abandoned.

If its replacement is better, then it should be embraced.

Dave Q

Coach
110kgpantherpower said:
I like where elliot is heading i still have worries but i think he is attempting to rebuild penrith from the grass roots up and well im down with that.

Yes, thats right. A new order poses many challenges including the politics of it.

Maybe some of the juniors will pull through when combined with experience and new signings, might create the magic mix.

But some players and other club people will fall by the wayside, left out of the loop and/or be discarded.

"Neccessary" casualties of the new order I suppose.

Unless the team is winning, these outsiders may well become the new powers-that-be.

TITAN1

Juniors
lainey said:
Nobody has said he can't post his opinions, it's just that most of us think is dribble and don't agree with it...and apparently we here in the Penrith forum on LU aren't the only ones....PI, Titans forum, etc...
At least dave can post reasonable and coherent arguements :roll:

murraymob

Coach
Sure i am biased but i believe we can win 4 out of the first 5 games. The broncos in brisbane being the one that may be asking to much.We get a good mix of home games early.Wallace or firman at 5/8 the missing peice of the puzzle. Do not know what year it is on the chinese calander but on the murraymob calander it is the year of the panther

lainey

Juniors
TITAN1 said:
At least dave can post reasonable and coherent arguements :roll:

If he does then why is he pi**ing people off at EVERY forum he goes to?? Maybe with the exception of the Souths forum....

Dave Q

Coach
murraymob said:
Sure i am biased but i believe we can win 4 out of the first 5 games. The broncos in brisbane being the one that may be asking to much.We get a good mix of home games early.Wallace or firman at 5/8 the missing peice of the puzzle. Do not know what year it is on the chinese calander but on the murraymob calander it is the year of the panther

"Year of the Panther"-you say this every year mob!

Cheers Titan- I dont try to govern or stand over people, I just put my point across.

Nobody has to agree, how they respond, well thats a matter for them.

These are opinions, they are not right or wrong in themselves.

But I wont be intimidated by abuse or hatred.

The way i see things is the way of the wise, if you dont like what people say then you can express your views as so, if you are unable to get along then take a step away from the computer, say oh crap its only the internet and get on with life.

I fail to see why people get so worked up, but thats another story that we have all read the book of on this forum numerous times time to focus on footy.

Its only a matter of weeks until the season kicks off and well its time to take a nice long hard look over what we have and what we can do with it.

Now our squad you would imagine would look something like in no particular order.

wesser,lewis,gordon, either moke or younquest rooney, firman,gower,clinton,priddis,tony p,frank pritchard,waterhouse,rodney.

Then on the bech frank.p,matt cross, either ate's or wallace, bell or norrie.

That in my opinion will be our strongest squad to start before we bring in the young blokes like daniella etc.

That line up is perhaps one of our strongest in numerous yr's granted the only real change to that is firman and moke instead of our fave son presto and galea.

But it's a squad that is already on the brink of the top 8, we just need to muscle up and then make the dive.

Elliott by all means could be the man to just shove us over that line or he could be that man to urge us to cross the line but not have the strength to get us there.

We dont know what will happen as yet, we cant say for sure either way, we can predict but we cant confirm and i think in some ways that may be what dave has been going on about.

The fact that we have to face the facts that what we have here at penrith is different to previous yr's and we may not make any headway, i like all fans pray that's not the case but it's possible.

We do have the squad do we have the disipline i hope so.

We need wesser back in his 03 and 04 form we need rooney and lewis in the form that took them to green and gold jersey's.

We need gower injury free we need firman well we need firman to find form and keep it without chucking a tantrum.

Despite what we need im just happy with what we have which is the power of the panther on ourside.

Panther's premiers in 07.