What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dunnemann retires

hotdogs

Juniors
just thought i'd offer my 2 cents worth-news is that andrew dunnenmanns not named 2 play this week 4 PL or any team because he has retired!! not sure if its official in the papers yet, haven't seen anything,but he should announce it soon.
apparently theres a couple of reasons for this-since coming 2 the raiders he's gotten too many injuries and doesn't like the club at all-he thinks they train to much, which has been backed up by a few players i've spoken to aswell, and apparently he realises he'll be playing more Pl than FG and i suppose thats not where he wants to be. i'm very sure he won't be turning out for another club though.
i've got nothing on adam mogg but am keeping my eyes and ears open...but i must say in the coming future there are going to be a couple of disappointed fans & angry players. rumour has it players are really not happy with neil henry's coaching strategies with the picking/dropping process and may look to early releases if things don't change 4 them.
have to say though looking at our PL side most of them have either played FG or should and would be playing Fg at other clubs!!!i can't see how we are not winning that grade and instead we are the bottom of the table-with another loss today to balmain.
can't wait for how things are gonna turn out with the new comp next season-i'm guessing they'll be a lot of releases within canberra-BEWARE!!!

Mal Meninga

Bench
Sorry to hear - Not too sure why he's shocked we train alot. Apart fron being the biggest wooden spoon favourites in many years(history?) we also drop alot of ball and need to work on defense constantly because we're not very good at it.

Which players are being mentioned? The only players who've been unfairly dropped are Thurling and Dobson. TLL needed more game time and confidence while Best and Howell are plain hopeless. They may aswell toil around PL because I doubt many clubs would be after them for first grade.

nickraider

Juniors
Sounds like Dunnemann just thought he'd just turn up here and automatically play 1st grade. Train too much - what a crock!! If he's got that attitude, good riddance to him.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
They train too much for him cause he never was a First grade player,always a PL player at best.
Very good news if this is true as he had nothing to give the team as in football skills.
Woeful player that went to england cause no one wanted him.
All I wish now i sthe raiders don't buy a player that had no credential as a good player and i they choose to go for experiance at least go for forwards.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i said he'd be a nothing buy and ive seen nothing from him to suggest i could be wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore
tbh i cant think of anyone else who would be
maybe dobson, but the rest seem to flurishing under him.

Macko8

Juniors
I dont know about everyone else but when mick dobson runs out and plays every week to me he doesnt look comfortable, more so these past few weeks....somethings going on.....

Macko8

Juniors
yeah thompson and miller were joint players of the year a couple of seasons back and started most games in the front row, both have been on the bench to start the game for a while now......

Raider_69

Post Whore
Maybe, but their form isnt exactly worthy of starting spots. And from what i seen and read about both players, they arnt the type to take that demotion with that sort of attitude, thomo and miller seem to me the type to recognise there is a reason why they are on the bench on maybe on the cusp of a PL stint, and will look to lift there games

nickraider

Juniors
Thommo and Miller were putting in. Dobson was sh*te. Did absolutley nothing again today. His kicking game is atrocious. I think he's got his mind on other issues. God it pisses me off all this talk of players wanted to leave their clubs!

macavity

Referee
Macko8 said:
I dont know about everyone else but when mick dobson runs out and plays every week to me he doesnt look comfortable, more so these past few weeks....somethings going on.....

he signed with us 10 days ago.

Macko8

Juniors
haha yeah you wish....if he did leave canberra it wont be for a team like them skunk knights