What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes move is dependent on another release.

Parraren said:
I don't think it's a Premier League player like Kerr or Oliver. I reckon it's definitely a pretty big name NRL or Super League halfback otherwise why would we bother releasing Dykes?

Sean Long would be good...who cares if he bets against his team as long as he loses his coin hey!!!

McLinden would go alright as well....25 years old too.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Stacey Jones????? He recently resigned but was under a cloud for a long time. PJ MArsh maybe?

Knowing Smith it will be someone like Luke Rickettson.

Unreal V

Juniors
Could possibly be Dennis Moran, London Broncos ESL who will be released if the broncos are relegated this year. Highest point scorer last two years, ex parramatta player.

fish eel

Immortal
Moran is not a halfback. But he is a great bench player.

Perhaps interchanging with riddell at hooker???

He had plenty of errors in him when he was with us, but I'll never forget that home game v Penrith, was it in 2000? We were down by a couple, not long left and we're under the pump, with the panthers waiting to receive a line drop out....hammers at the ready to put the final nail in the coffin.

Moran grubbers the line drop, barely making the 10 metres , and regathered.

One or two tackles later, Guru Jnr goes 60-70 metres and wins the match for us!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bradeel

Juniors
might want to match this thread up with Game First's Kimmorley rumour.

would make a bit of sense, given that it would involve a straight swap with the Sharks.

then again, let's not get our hopes up....

bradeel said:
might want to match this thread up with Game First's Kimmorley rumour.

would make a bit of sense, given that it would involve a straight swap with the Sharks.

then again, let's not get our hopes up....

Kimmorley would cost a crap load more than Dykes...would it be a straight swap?

bradeel

Juniors
good point - prob not a straight swap i guess....

but there's no doubt we'll shed some other fringe players who are coming off contract to make up the numbers. Smithy and Fitz have shown over the past few seasons that they'll throw plenty of cash at the big halfback names in the comp.

The Colonel

Immortal
*Pulls out the salt bag and hands around the spoons*

We'll need more than a grain for this one but who knows...... :?

Eelectrica

Referee
I can't see it happening. We would be getting the better out of this trade, unless the sharks picked up Dykes and another of our players for Kimmorley.
Grothe and Dykes for Kimmorley perhaps?

Misty Bee

First Grade
The flaw in the kimmorley rumour is that we have already shelled out big $ for Tahu and Ridell. Noddy - without Anderson, may be wondering what he is doing at the mullets. However, if he was on the market, everyone would be bidding for him.If Parra snare him, it would be the most shrewd and intelligent thing that either SMith or Fitzgerald have done, and I might even forgive the coach for the dismal past few seasons.

Hows this for a side?

McKinnon
Peterson
Smith
Tahu
Grothe
Morris
Kimmorley
Stringer
Ridell
Cayless
Hindmarsh
Morrison
Wagon
RES
Burt
Cannings
Vella
Afasamaga
Widders
Moi Moi
Tsoulos
(3 to be omitted)

Bloody hell, we'd kill it!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Atleast if we don't get Kimmorley, we would have started a rumor about buying the best Cronulla player, as Cronulla have started one with Dykes. See don't get mad, get even. If Newcastle mention anything about buying grothe next season we'll just come back and steal Johnsy! I like It :D

fish eel

Immortal
However, if he was on the market, everyone would be bidding for him.If Parra snare him, it would be the most shrewd and intelligent thing that either SMith or Fitzgerald have done, and I might even forgive the coach for the dismal past few seasons

The only possible way it could happen would be if Kimmorley aint on the market....but we responded to the sharks approach by saying, lets talk turkey and include kimmorley....and keep it quiet or its all bets off.

I wouldn't get to excited though.....given the track record of who posted the rumour.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's not on hte market, thats why it would be such a coup

teh sharkies sighed him "for life" last year, about a 5 year term

but as we haev seen recently, contracts mean nothing

Adam Spadam

Juniors
Perhaps life without Chris Anderson isnt so great for him at Cronulla?

I saw him interviewed earlier in the year and when questioned about Raper's coaching methods he was polite at best, but not enthusiastic.

Brett and Brian Smith have a bit of a history with Smithy coaching the country origin team a few times...

hmmm...food for thought! ;-)

Y2Eel

First Grade
he's ours for sure..... he is trying to be the first player in history to play for every nrl club our club is next....

Parraren

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
*Pulls out the salt bag and hands around the spoons*

We'll need more than a grain for this one but who knows...... :?

I'm backing up the truck Colonel.

beep, beep, beep......

Latest posts