What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes move is dependent on another release.

MC

Juniors
Dykes's move to the Sharks is more then likely depedent on the release of another play from another NRL club...and the player is not Kimmorely

Stagger eel

Staff member
MC said:
Dykes's move to the Sharks is more then likely depedent on the release of another play from another NRL club...and the player is not Kimmorely

I don't want to piss on this guys pocket! but MC's source seems to be more reliable than anyone on this site, the guy knows what his talking about.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

congratulations on the "Fresh" tip!!..... :clap:

yy_cheng

Coach
Ok,

I did a quick list of halves/ 5/8ths. It's just a rough list from this week teams. So I might've missed some injured players.

Dogs - Braith Anasta, Brent Sherwin
Panthers - Preston Campbell, Craig Gower (c),
Sharks - Greg Bird, Jason Kent, Kimmorley
Broncs - Darren Lockyer, Casey McGuire, Shaun Berrigan
Cowboys - David Myles, Nathan Fien
Saints - Trent Barrett (c), Mathew Head, Timmins
Tigers - Michael Buettner, Scott Prince, Benji
Sea Eagles - Andrew Walker, Michael Monaghan
Canberra - Matthew Gafa, Mark McLinden
Melb - Scott Hill, Matt Orford
Roosters - Brad Fittler (c), Brett Finch, Craig Wing
Souths - Owen Craigie, Joe Williams
Knights - Kurt Gidley, Steven Witt, Johns
Warriros - Jerome Ropati, Stacey Jones, PJ

My GUESSES are in my order:

Mark McLinden, PJ, Stacey Jones, Shaun Berrigan, Casey McGuire (off contract I think so it may not be him)

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Eelectrica said:
I can't see it happening. We would be getting the better out of this trade, unless the sharks picked up Dykes and another of our players for Kimmorley.
Grothe and Dykes for Kimmorley perhaps?

Dykes +$ from Freshy and Kativerata for Kimmorley?

Eels Dude

Coach
eels2win said:
Eelectrica said:
I can't see it happening. We would be getting the better out of this trade, unless the sharks picked up Dykes and another of our players for Kimmorley.
Grothe and Dykes for Kimmorley perhaps?

Dykes +$ from Freshy and Kativerata for Kimmorley?

I don't get what you're saying. Are you saying we pay Cronulla money in return for Kimmorley's signature.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
nup, i'm saying that Cronulla only pays part of Dykes salary, but we pay Kimmorley's full salary. the difference could be made up from some of the $'s gained from releasing Freshy, Wise and now Thorman

Eels Dude

Coach
I couldn't imagine it being any other way.

They'd still be getting the rough end of the stick though, swapping Kimmorley for Dykes just doesn't make sense.

Suitman

Post Whore
Mr Parra Eels said:
Cronulla are pretty stupid letting Kimmorley go in return for Dykes imo if thats the way it goes

That makes Parra pretty smart for letting Dykes go and getting Kimmorley imo if thats the way it goes. ;-)

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
Could it be Anasta

found this in a article about the the kick and clap game n ot giving up hope of getting him

It was initially believed Anasta had a release clause in his contract but now it seems he only has permission to talk to other parties.

But the Bulldogs may be prepared to release Anasta to help the NRL club stay under the salary cap.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Oh no not Braith i cudnt stand having him around :x

yeah GAME FIRST is pretty lame with rumors

im banking on we sign someone with no arms legs or eyes and answers to the name lucky

bartman

Immortal
Sent Bwaith to Union I reckon. :arrow:

At least the doggies are more serious about their cap obligations now days!

1eyedeel

Juniors
What about Robbie Paul??

He of course played under Brian Smith at Bradford. He's signed with Bradford until 2006, but when he signed that deal Paul Deacon was just an understudy and not the current Gt Britain half back. He may be thinking it would be nice to play out his last couple of years as half back instead of sticking his head in a scrum.

This year is his testimonial year at Bradford so he might think he has nothing left to achieve there, after they won the triple last year. He has definite media ambitions so it wouldn't do his profile any harm to play a couple of years in the NRL.

I'm pretty sure he said when he signed with Bradford that Parramatta was the only NRL club he would consider playing for under Smith.

Smith likes his halves to be able to get into dummy half as a second hooker. So it would fit with that. He'd also be a terrific mentor to the likes of Michael Witt, Tim Smith and Blake Green.

Sounds like a bloody great idea to me! I'll have $10 on it at 20-1.

PJ Marshal

Coach
We should sign Danny McGuire if any of you pay attention to the Super League he is carving up harder than the shizzmaster himself!